Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 808 pureview.

Options
  • 10-09-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

is there any place in ireland where i can get the nokia 808 pureview. i know vodafone are not stocking it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will you purchase it sim free online?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nokiatom

Davy wrote: »
    Will you purchase it sim free online?

i guess so since no one seems to carry it here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Wife's N8 just died ... Any 808 owners care to help me over the edge on getting one of these?

EDIT: Push no longer required

Not a bad price - 350 stg plus postage

[URL="Http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=190773572078#ht_1423wt_1113"]Http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=190773572078#ht_1423wt_1113[/URL]

long_b wrote: »
    Wife's N8 busy died ... Any 808 owners care to help me over the edge on getting one of these?

EDIT: Push no longer required

Not a bad price - 350 stg plus postage

[URL="Http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=190773572078#ht_1423wt_1113"]Http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=190773572078#ht_1423wt_1113[/URL]

That was a hard push! :pac:

Curious, how did the N8 die?

That was a hard push! :pac:

Curious, how did the N8 die?
    Small amount of liquid spilled in a handbag containing the handset.
    Didn't seem to have been much wet at all but the repair shop said water damage.
    You have to trust them I suppose.

• Advertisement

Small amount of liquid spilled in a handbag containing the handset.
    Didn't seem to have been much wet at all but the repair shop said water damage.
    You have to trust them I suppose.

oh :(

Hope she likes the 808, the size and texture will take a bit of getting used too compared the N8. Its not cold though like the N8 can be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Pixmania are doing it for 500euro.

Ordering from Pixmania does come with a health warning though. They are generally cheap and quick. When things go wrong they're based in France and without resorting to racial stereotypes have poor customer service.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one myself. The thing that puts me off is the fact its using a dinosaur of an operating system. The next generation of nokia smartphones might have the pureview technology in it. You'll probably have to wait a year or two for that though.

seanmacc wrote: »
    Pixmania are doing it for 500euro.

Ordering from Pixmania does come with a health warning though. They are generally cheap and quick. When things go wrong they're based in France and without resorting to racial stereotypes have poor customer service.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one myself. The thing that puts me off is the fact its using a dinosaur of an operating system. The next generation of nokia smartphones might have the pureview technology in it. You'll probably have to wait a year or two for that though.

Well you can just go via a nokia repair here as you would as its EU warranty so its not the end of the world if you bought via them.

The later pureview phones wont have a sensor like the 808 so probably wont be on par, so depends how much you dislike the software

oh :(

Hope she likes the 808

You and me both :)
    ,the size and texture will take a bit of getting used too compared the N8. Its not cold though like the N8 can be

This new baby will be living in a case.

As for the dinosaur OS, I'd agree totally (few woudn't).
    It'll be used for photos, calls, texts and maybe YouTube which it should handle OK.

It'll be used for photos, calls, texts and maybe YouTube which it should handle OK.

You probably know this already but I would suggest is use the latest Opera browser, I find it much quicker than native

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

You and me both :)

This new baby will be living in a case.

I am using an 808. It's a grand phone but you know you have it in your shirt pocket. Harder to lose. Operating system fine for everyday stuff. But I wouldn't be using this phone if I didn't want the camera - which is fantastic.

So if high quality photos are not the key feature you require I would consider other options as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://www.handtec.co.uk/nokia-808-pureview-sim-free-unlocked-white.html

Handtec are very good and £360 is the cheapest I have seen it from a reputable vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Imported but

http://www.handtec.co.uk/nokia-808-pureview-sim-free-unlocked-white.html

Handtec are very good and £360 is the cheapest I have seen it from a reputable vendor.

Appears now to be £312?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allstarcast

Hi all, I'm due an upgrade on meteor and I was thinking of waiting for the Nokia EOS which will have the pureview 41mp sensor that the 808 has. Is it worth the wait or is it just a gimmick? The main feature I look for in a smartphone is the camera. When I saw the announcement of 41 mp sensor for the Eos, I thought there must be some crack being smoked by someone in Nokia or the Internet review sites like gsmarena etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

ld get an android phone Symbian is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allstarcast

It will run windows, which is still inferior to android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Kinda missing the point there guys. You don't buy the 808 for apps. You buy it for the camera. That said only if you are really into your photos will you appreciate the difference of the 808.

For 95% of people there's no point getting a 808. Head fi reckon it has great sound quality for music and a great speaker. A lot of phones are mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Strange you should say that, because my Symbian phone was working perfectly this morning ;)

Advertisement