Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

betamax video converstion

• 10-09-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Not sure what forum to post this in but I've a friend looking to get some old betamax NTSC (USA) tapes that need putting onto DVD. Any where that does this in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Mods feel free to move this as im also unsure where this belongs. OP unless you have had pms re this, its v rare to find in ireland an ntsc betamax player let alone one working.
    However with some effort you could import one from the states (yes costly and no guarantee)and get a 110v transformer to run it from 220v power (50hz dosent matter btw from experience) and then feed the raw video out straight into a pc video card and record as an mpeg file rather than conver it to pal video. Not all dvd recorders can cope with 525 line ntsc. I had similar problem but with vhs tapes from states and a lot easier to find at least ntsc playback to do this.
    Unless theres a duplication service somewhere in ireland who can do this directly. Dunno either way its not going to be cheap. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

http://www.videocopycentre.com/

they can copy from lots of different formats but betamax ntsc might be a bridge too far.You could send them to a company in the USA and get them to a video type file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

snaps wrote: »
    Not sure what forum to post this in but I've a friend looking to get some old betamax NTSC (USA) tapes that need putting onto DVD. Any where that does this in Ireland?

London... Ebay

Advertisement