Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody heard of this company - and how do i pay?

• 10-09-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I went to register a couple of domains today, I found this company - Domaindiscount24
    First i had to register, including how i intended to pay, (which was no big deal, I just ticked Paypal.) and they sent me a Username and password.

Now, i have ordered my domains, but instead of paying with paypal, or any other way, they sent me this, with an invoice:
    We ask you to wire transfer the due amount to our bank account
    Landesbank Saar - Account: ******** - Bank Code: ********
    IBAN: DE7*************** - SWIFT/BIC: SALADE55
    Please don't forget to mention your customer ID and invoice No. in the reference field.

I think that this is pretty normal in Germany, also, it's only €4.00.. :)

But as i haven't heard of them before, i thought i'd ask in here, as there may be some scam i haven't heard of, or they may not be legit..

Also, how to wire transfer? Do i go to Western Union website or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Allyall wrote: »
    Also, how to wire transfer?
    You can go to your bank - the IBAN and SWIFT/BIC codes are used.

Aside, why did you choose that company? Is it worth the extra hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Just from a quick search, their domain name has been around for 12 years, but these guys only have it since June of this year (2012). but their domain domaindiscount24.net has been with them since 2000, so they have been around for a good while..

Their news blog has posts right back to 2005 which also suggests they have been around a good while.

Personally, I dont see any reason not to trust them, PayPal often temporarily lock accounts without notice and without reason, maybe that's what happened to domaindiscount too.

Their website might be messy, but they look legit to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for reply. Wire transfer was a pain in the a**.

It (Their site) didn't allow Paypal, and i have emailed them trying to sort it out. They so far have replied with this:
    Dear Sirs,

thank you for your request.

With your PayPal account you can simply pay for open invoices or add additional funds to your domaindiscount24 account.

To do so, please log into your customer account under
    http://domaindiscount24.net:

MYDD24 / User admin / Method of payment

Click on "Pay with PayPal".
    Please note that we only accept this payment method for any amount between 25 € and 2000 €.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Swen Lux

Useless reply really, as i can't pay for it with Paypal, but at least they're replying..

Advertisement