Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4??

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think we won't see the PS4 until 2 years time. I think the SoC/APU is the way to go....28nm or less.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Thats a load of bull I'd say,we won't be seeing a ps4 for a few more years,its only what 6 years old?I'd give it 2 more to be announced and then 2 more after that before its released.

jesus

no chance

it'll be announced in the first 2 quarters of next year, and possibly available in retail q4, failing that feb-mar 2014

games currently in development for it aren't going to be sitting there for 4 years before they're released. sure we've already seen a couple of them, we just don't know it

or do we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

aindriu80 wrote: »
    well don't be afraid to jump in (with the other 11 smiles) and tell us all about it.

Really? Ok so. I think your posts are utterly bizarre, because:

Both consoles, short of a few exclusives to each, share identical games.
    Both consoles have additional motion control systems.
    Both consoles have media playing capabilities.
    Both consoles have online gaming capabilities.
    Both consoles, in essence, do the exact same thing in the exact same ways.

To say one is much different to the other, is really nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Both consoles, short of a few exclusives to each, share identical games.

Yes there were only a number of killer games released on the PS3 and were exclusive to the PS3. It had a lot of games in common with the Xbox 360 to date, that slim difference is enough for me to pick the PS3 as a console that is different to the 360 as opposed to being a mirror image of it.
    Both consoles have additional motion control systems.

The two Consoles have similar peripherals..well the PS3 peripherals are gaming based and the Microsoft kinect thing is for jumping around in the living room and using hand and voice gestures. The PS3 motion controller feels better and is more gamer oriented. That for me denotes two separate consoles marketed for different types of consumer. Similar but not identical.
    Both consoles have online gaming capabilities.
    Yip so too does the PC, the WII and almost every other gaming platform but what is that supposed to mean ? They are both identical and do everything identical ? Why would they not have online game play ?, well Microsoft did nearly forget the Internet. They both play a lot of the same games but that's it. It doesn't mean anything more than 1 game being played on numerous platforms.
    Both consoles, in essence, do the exact same thing in the exact same ways.
    Both machines have different technology and are aimed at a different markets even if they are fighting the same corner. If you like both then great for you, if you have your own preference then your an individual and not part of the herd. The Xbox of course is by in large for North America and all that entails. Its a late entry to the gaming field. In many ways the games industry had to take a step back to accommodate Microsoft. Microsoft games strategy does not do it for me.
    To say one is much different to the other, is really nonsensical

Anything else than the PS3 and Xbox 360 being indifferent is nonsense and bizarre ? And seeing that a lot of games were released on the PS3 XBox PC et al at the exact same time makes both broadly similar ? So next time I buy a console I will forget about price, technologies inside, companies who are selling them just because they tick "console" box. Or if a game comes out that is not on the 360 but is on the PS3 I will ignore it and put up as both consoles are "identical"

To date both consoles have had numerous games in common but your entire argument is that they are identical . I beg to disagree, the entire lifetime of both consoles is not over and I personally believe that Sony has given the better experience and Microsoft is an also ran. Also the controller, move blu-ray, trophies as opposed to achievements, playstation home, playstation life all make the PS3 different and unique for me.

Two phones in a shop are not identical and shouldn't be taken as so. Same goes for the two consoles, they can't be the same as you can sue. One is Sony the other is Microsoft, one is North America the other is rest of the world. One is for johnny come lately the other is building on what has been popular by gamers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not a PS3/360 discussion thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement