Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating keeps tripping electricity??

Options
  • 10-09-2012 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me. When I turn the heating on it keeps tripping the electricity? Is it time to call an electrician or is it something small that I could manage myself? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

wilfitz wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me. When I turn the heating on it keeps tripping the electricity? Is it time to call an electrician or is it something small that I could manage myself? Thanks
    what type of heating system

check if it's the circulating pump if you can anyhow-they're a likely culprit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

M cebee wrote: »

It's oil heating. Where would I find the circulating pump?

maybe next to boiler ,you could try that on it's own if possible
    you may end up needing a tradesman anyhow

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

It might be in with the burner if it's outside I think they refer to it as the header pump.

They're pricey to replace but it's relatively easy to replace if it is gone :)

where are you based I got one replaced recently.

might be possible to narrow it down anyhow
    if you had systemlink you'd also have zone pumps

• Advertisement

might be possible to narrow it down anyhow

Heatings a black art to me. Try to avoid at all costs my system is over boosting at the min any ideas. It's a gas boiler Ariston? Pressure gauge shooting ooff the scale..

Actually I might start a thread..

leeomurchu wrote: »
    [QUOE=M cebee;80705917]might be possible to narrow it down anyhow

Heatings a black art to me. Try to avoid at all costs my system is over boosting at the min any ideas. It's a gas boiler Ariston? Pressure gauge shooting ooff the scale..

Actually I might start a thread..[/Quote]
    no but try the heating plumbing forum

Actually I might start a thread..
    no but try the heating plumbing forum[/QUOTE]

Done :D

leeomurchu wrote: »
    It might be in with the burner if it's outside I think they refer to it as the header pump.

They're pricey to replace but it's relatively easy to replace if it is gone :)

where are you based I got one replaced recently.

Based in north Wexford. Only got the burner replaced last year and it was serviced in April of this year and have not really used it since. I'll give your man a buzz tomorrow that serviced it and hopefully it ain't going to cost much...

Based in north Wexford. Only got the burner replaced last year and it was serviced in April of this year and have not really used it since. I'll give your man a buzz tomorrow that serviced it and hopefully it ain't going to cost much...

We used Martin Power plumbing and heating (or somethin like that) in Enniscorthy area no complaints came and had heating sorted in no time.

• Advertisement

Got a tradesman in today. You were right about the circulating pump. €130 for pump, valve and labour. Thanks

Advertisement