Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing account

Options
  • 10-09-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi,

I am moving house on wednesday, the 12th and need to close my account. I have emailed but as I have left it so late I thought it better to contact you through here. I can pm account no etc

thanks

Jill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Jill,

Yes, I am here until 6pm. Do PM me your Electric Ireland account number if you wish to close your account, and your name/address/telephone number as they appear on the account. We also require a final meter reading for just before the point you move out, and if you can get in touch with the person who is taking over the address, it would be great if you could advise them to contact us. Or if you could do this via your landlord - only if it is possible for you of course.

If the address to which you are moving is with Electric Ireland and you are to be the account-holder there, no need to close your account, we can just transfer it there.

All the best :)
    Una

Advertisement