Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup Competition Results

Options
  • 10-09-2012 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi all.

Can I ask you to post your results in this thread so none get lost in the other thread.

It'd be great if you could write a little match report and some stats like QB, HB and top WR.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Denver Bronco's (PerrinV2) @ The New York Jets (Dangerdave1)

---Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4-F
    B--0---0--0--14-14
    J--10--7--7--3--27

Total Offense
    Bronco's= 295 yards
    Jets= 247

Rushing
    B- -6 yards
    J- 66 yards

Passing
    B- 301
    J-181

Turnovers
    B- 7 (-6)
    J- 1 (+6)

First downs
    B- 10
    J-7

Passing
    Sanchez 10/14 for 189 yards 2 TDS 0 ints
    Tebow 1/2 5 yards 0 tds 0 ints
    Manning 15/27 324 yards 2 tds 5 INTS

Rushing
    McGahee 5 att's -6 yards
    Shonn Greene 23 atts 66 yards no tds

Receiving
    Dustin keller 3 rec's 107 yards 2 TD's
    Demaryius Thomas 6 receptions 136 yards

Cheers for the game Perrin. I would recommend you dont come out in your defense play until you see what play im running whether its pass or run orientated so you can set a defense accordingly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cheers for the game Perrin. I would recommend you dont come out in your defense play until you see what play im running whether its pass or run orientated so you can set a defense accordingly

I wasn't aware I could do this :pac:
    Anyway gg Dave,my first time playing as the Bronco's,had been practicing with the raiders up to this.Very nervous in the passing department,was panicing throwing pass's at guys who I could see where covered by 2 guys or covered by a player you were controlling.
    Only really settled down in the 4th quarter and started to get comfortable with manning and picked out a few passes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Beat Matthew 28-7. Was 28-0 going into the 4th so I said I would just run it. Matthew returned one of my kicks (don't think I was stopped before I was just running it) to make it 28-7.

Matthew when I am running down the clock and there is 40 seconds to go, you shouldn't call a timeout. Its just annoying, I wanted the game over just as much as I am sure you did.

Looks like it could be a long season with the Panthers but good luck with them.

edit - I had to rush out after the game and forgot about the stats. I know Matthew had four picks to my 1. Hopefully matthew can remember.i think brees had 276 yards And hb had 89. That's why I was trying to get u into a party ben to see if u needed stats. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Absolute fiasco of a game. Wide receivers leaving literally no window to throw it into against what must've been man coverage on nearly every single play. Lots of different routes tried on man coverage, same result. Airtight coverage on every guy. Nowhere to throw it to. The run was fine, but only when going outside. The secondary was pretty poor, but the front 7 had a very nice game.

And Raoul if you want the game to be over kneel it down. You knew I wanted it over and wouldn't have TOed on a kneel down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    Absolute fiasco of a game. Wide receivers leaving literally no window to throw it into against what must've been man coverage on nearly every single play. Lots of different routes tried on man coverage, same result. Airtight coverage on every guy. Nowhere to throw it to. The run was fine, but only when going outside. The secondary was pretty poor, but the front 7 had a very nice game.

And Raoul if you want the game to be over kneel it down. You knew I wanted it over and wouldn't have TOed on a kneel down.
    Mate I ran for the whole fourth quarter. So what if I didn't kneel it and ran more, I wasn't trying to score or anything. Just doing whatever game flow gave me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

To be fair I always just hit Gameflow when running out the clock. If it says run I run, effort of finding the kneel down in the playbook.

Also, didn't see this thread so have posted the result of the game between Rob and I in the other thread. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Natthew you really need a Mike ! And I don't mean the strong side linebacker either !

I get to play Raoul/Lukebray twice a year. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but personally I have a bit of a hunch that those guys tend to stink it up when playing me.

Good to see your heading in the right direction with the panthers.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Berty44 wrote: »
    Natthew you really need a Mike ! And I don't mean the strong side linebacker either !

You mean middle 'backer? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

??

On a 3-4, the strong side MLB is called a Mike, the weak side MLB is the Will

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Heart.. you will soon learn Berty is all knowing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

The Eagles beat the Lions 31 - 21

Vick 16/25 4 TD 3 INT
    Stafford 12/20 3 TD 3 INT

Eagles had 104 rushing yards and the lions had 20.

Unlucky Adrian, didn't deserve for it to end that way. Was a great game, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Chargers beat the cardinals 23-3
    Rivers passed for 190 yards
    Mathews carried for 46 yard from 16 carrys
    Gates caught 7 passes for 124 yards

The first quarter saw no score but the chargers got going in Q2 scoring
    2 field goals from 45 and 40 while the the cardinals only managed 1 from the 22.

In the 3rd Rivers found Gates for 13 yards out for a touchdown
    4th quarter saw chargers kick another field goal from 36 yards out while the cardinals were too busy throwing interceptions! Rivers found Gates yet again for 29 yards.

First competitive game here,
    Haven't played enough yet with Arizona but well done to PaullyD

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Berty44 wrote: »
    ??

On a 3-4, the strong side MLB is called a Mike, the weak side MLB is the Will

Ah, I was going on 4-3, never mind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks to me like I'm not the only one having a bit of trouble in the air. Would I be right in saying that man coverage is almost unbeatable right now? Or maybe Steve Smith is just an awful receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Chargers beat the cardinals 23-3
    Rivers passed for 190 yards
    Mathews carried for 46 yard from 16 carrys
    Gates caught 7 passes for 124 yards

The first quarter saw no score but the chargers got going in Q2 scoring
    2 field goals from 45 and 40 while the the cardinals only managed 1 from the 22.

In the 3rd Rivers found Gates for 13 yards out for a touchdown
    4th quarter saw chargers kick another field goal from 36 yards out while the cardinals were too busy throwing interceptions! Rivers found Gates yet again for 29 yards.

First competitive game here,
    Haven't played enough yet with Arizona but well done to PaullyD

Good game mate, thanks for posting the report.

Sorry I didn't write to you at the end of the game someone came in and I had to run out and thought I had pressed send on the message I typed out but just realised I didn't which looks a bit ignorant. Just wondering if you could hear me on the mic as I'm getting mixed reports from others?

You were very tough on defence in the first half and caused me a lot of problems. Eventually got going with the Rivers to Gates combo but it wasn't easy and I was always under pressure from your D to get the ball out of my hands quickly. Once you get used to the Cardinals you'll certainly be a tough opponent in the franchise.

One bit of advice I would give you (if it's worth anything) is to look to get Larry Fitzgerald more involved. I don't think he had one reception tonight but he's one of the best receivers in the game and his speed, acceleration and catching stats make him a huge threat in any sort of coverage. You had a few nice throws to the TE so if you can mix that up with throws to Fitzgerald and keep the run game ticking over like tonight it will help you a lot.

Thanks again for the game mate and hopefully I'll catch you for some friendlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've no idea how but I just lost 21-17 to Nerd without conceding a point on defence :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Rebekah Worried Newsman

texans 21- 17 skins

rg3 24/30 267yds 0tds 1int
    schaub 4/13 46yds 0tds 3 ints

rushing

hou 11 rushes for 77 yds
    skins 17 rushes for 82 yds

great game ben you were robbed texans score 3 tds a pick 6, a kickoff return and the most comical fumble return iv ever seen fumble was more like a pitch to my cb.

skins d had some very clever blitzes and with that d (deangelo halls a pain in the ass) and rg3 on offence the skins could cause a bit of trouble this year even in the nfc east

schaub played ****, andre johnson was destroyed by deangelo hall but arian fosters gona be tough to stop

as i said great game ben best of luck in the league
    schaub played terrible

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've no idea how but I just lost 21-17 to Nerd without conceding a point on defence :/

it was pretty crazy i dont think madden 13s your biggest fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

it was pretty crazy i dont think madden 13s your biggest fan

Those stats make me cry. :pac:

Cheers for the game mate. 2 losses against you now. I'll be out for revenge next time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big statement right there for the rest of the AFC south!
    Edit just realised if I win my game I play you...

Big statement right there for the rest of the AFC south!
    Edit just realised if I win my game I play you...
    Well be sick of each other come madden 14 :)

Tbh Ben deserved the game he outplayed me and I had the better team a few lucky plays and a goal line stand with a min left won It for me

Well be sick of each other come madden 14 :)

Tbh Ben deserved the game he outplayed me and I had the better team a few lucky plays and a goal line stand with a min left won It for me

Hey if we have a similar rivalry to myself and McG (Colts) that we had in M12 I'll be happy was great fun!

Hey if we have a similar rivalry to myself and McG (Colts) that we had in M12 I'll be happy was great fun!

What where you lose most of the time and he quits the league out of boredom ?:pac:

What where you lose most of the time and he quits the league out of boredom ?:pac:

Harsh... I think over the 4 seasons he had maybe 2 wins more than me.. those just happened to be play off wins...!!

MCG knew that trying to play me with this seasons Colts he was going to be on to a loser so he retired at the top :D

Harsh... I think over the 4 seasons he had maybe 2 wins more than me.. those just happened to be play off wins...!!

MCG knew that trying to play me with this seasons Colts he was going to be on to a loser so he retired at the top :D
    I'd normally have a cheeky response but I just know if I say anything it will come back to bite me in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Congrats to Luke for his win last night, was wild game with picks, fumbles galore, even a safety.
    Falcons D really bottled up my run game, was so hard to run on them. And he mixed up the passing game nicely between White/Jones/Gonzalez.

Really need to work on my play with the Cowboys, may be regretting my choice otherwise, especially after playing a couple of games with the Steelers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

49ers vs Bears

49ers 7/14/14/7. 42
    Bears. 7/14/7/7. 35

Total offence. 49ers 382. Chicago 381.
    T/O sf 1 cb 2

Cutler 11/18 298yrd rat121.5
    Smith 11/19 217trd. Rat 111.0

Gore 165/26
    Forte 110/13

Wr
    Sf Davis 4-100
    Chi Davis 4-129

3 sacks to none sf.

Tough high scoring game with some bad defending from both sides and a pick six for SF. Also a big hit on the Qb as he was about to throw resulted in a fumble ran in for six, was unable to be challenged but was a game influencing moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers @ The Bills

Steelers 7/7/7/6. 27
    Bills 0/7/0/0. 7

Total offence:

Steelers 329
    Bills 350

Big Ben 16/23 233 yards 3tds, 2ints rating 105.60
    Ryan Fitz 10/20 123 yards, 1td, 2 INTs 46.40

Steelers run game: 94 yards
    Bills 15 yards.

Steelers had 2 sacks and none for the Bills.

Good game Brianon, if you can get a running game to complement your passing you will cause some problems. Best of luck for the season. Make sure you beat The Jets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Steelers @ The Bills

Steelers 7/7/7/6. 27
    Bills 0/7/0/0. 7

Total offence:

Steelers 329
    Bills 350

Big Ben 16/23 233 yards 3tds, 2ints rating 105.60
    Ryan Fitz 10/20 123 yards, 1td, 2 INTs 46.40

Steelers run game: 94 yards
    Bills 15 yards.

Steelers had 2 sacks and none for the Bills.

Good game Brianon, if you can get a running game to complement your passing you will cause some problems. Best of luck for the season. Make sure you beat The Jets!

Thanks for the game. I learned plenty...and had plenty to learn :)

Enjoyed it. I threw two picks but that's probably a record low for me so far! Yeah my running game was not great although the TD drive had a few good runs in it. Other than that one drive, you were in control. Well played.

Advertisement