Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup Competition Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Few results in, two second round matches already decided

BFL_Cup_v2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

HowAreWe won't be taking part and as ibmax can't play until next Weds, I'll award ibmax the win.

If there is no reply for a match by Thursday night, a walkover will be awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

patriots @ Tampa Bay

Patriots 0/21/0/3. 24
    Tampa Bay 7/10/7/7. 31

Total offence:

Patriots 306
    Tampa 285

Brady 14/22 267 yards 3tds, 3ints rating 105.7
    Freeman 13/23 231 yards, 2td, 3 INTs 80.4

Patriots run game: 54 yards 0td
    Tampa run game: 67 yards. 2td

Patriots had 2 sacks and 1 for Tampa.

gg dave. bit scrappy with all the picks on both sides ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Patriots(Davetherave) 24
    Buccs(GUFC) 31
    Really cracking game. Interceptions were the meal of the day with both defences picking the ball off 3 times.
    Buccs get a TD with 45 seconds left on the clock. Pats have no TO left. Good long distance throw picks up good yardage. Then I run a no huddle run for some unknown reason. Then I spike the ball with 0:00 left on the clock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

empacher, when are you free for our game? Tonight or tomorrow night suits me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Luke hows tomorrow for ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Luke hows tomorrow for ya ?

Not great for me. I'm working all day until 7 so I might be around about 8? That's a maybe. Otherwise Friday about 6:30 would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Berty beat me by 7, can't remember the score off the top of my head. Was a fun game that was destroyed by lag

Not sure if you could hear me Berty. Sorry if you could hear shouting in the background, have friends over. Cheers for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Cracking game in Baltimore. That Raven defence was tough. Lag badly affected the game and in fact we restrated and had slight improvement.

Jets jumped out to an early lead with two interception returns for TD's. 28 yards by Berry and 70 yards by Flowers. Flacco found Smith with a great pass down the sideline to reduce the deficit and Succop kicked a FG in the last seconds of the half to send the Jets in 17-7 in the lead.

Ravens owned Q3 as Webb took an interception to the house and a 40yd FG tied the game. Both sides struggled to move the ball now. Finally the Jets got a drive going and looked to have won the game when Charles trundled in from 30 yards with 1:29 left. But no... Thompson returned the kickoff 103 yards to tie the game. With just over a minute left Jets moved up the feld into Blatimore territory. Charles chalked off another TD run of 46 yards to leave the score 31-24 with about a half minute remaining. Ravens made some progress but ran out of downs as time expired.

This game proves that the league is going to be so competitive this year as there really was nothing in it and it could have gone either way. Best of luck for your season Pudsy, you should have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ahm should Berty not have been playing as the Chiefs? Or maybe he did but is so upset at not getting the jets that he has started calling the chiefs the jets¿¡

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ahm should Berty not have been playing as the Chiefs? Or maybe he did but is so upset at not getting the jets that he has started calling the chiefs the jets¿¡

He was the chiefs

He was the chiefs[/Quote]

He needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

empacher, when are you free for our game? Tonight or tomorrow night suits me well.

free till 9pm all day

Lukebray wrote: »
    Not great for me. I'm working all day until 7 so I might be around about 8? That's a maybe. Otherwise Friday about 6:30 would be good.

I'm away the weekend . So I'd say it will have to be next week.

Dementia setting in. It was the first game I played with anyone other than the Jets. Chiefs aren't bad, got loads of cap space, which I did not realise and great running with Charles and Hillis. I picked them because I could use them the same way as the Jets and that turns out to be the case.

Player ratings mean a lot in this game. Found Ravens Defence very difficult to play against. Was so afraid to throw anything near Ed Reed.

Pudsy, a question about a particular play which occurred in both the first and second games we played. In both games you muffed a punt. My punts in both cases were standard punts, no lower trajectories or any of that. Did you fail to control the returner in time or move him or something? Reason I ask is that there seems to be an abnormal amount of muffing punts this year and we are trying to see what is the cause if it.

With Ben being beaten and my scrape through victory I think it shows that this madden will be very evenly contested. Not fancying Raoul in the next round !

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Berty44 wrote: »
    Not fancying Raoul in the next round !

That's cause you only have eyes for Dave;)

Or its it anyone who fills you with Kebabs?

etloveslsd wrote: »

That's cause you only have eyes for Dave;)

Or its it anyone who fills you with Kebabs?
    Pints kebabs AND a stretch limo !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Dementia setting in. It was the first game I played with anyone other than the Jets. Chiefs aren't bad, got loads of cap space, which I did not realise and great running with Charles and Hillis. I picked them because I could use them the same way as the Jets and that turns out to be the case.

Player ratings mean a lot in this game. Found Ravens Defence very difficult to play against. Was so afraid to throw anything near Ed Reed.

Pudsy, a question about a particular play which occurred in both the first and second games we played. In both games you muffed a punt. My punts in both cases were standard punts, no lower trajectories or any of that. Did you fail to control the returner in time or move him or something? Reason I ask is that there seems to be an abnormal amount of muffing punts this year and we are trying to see what is the cause if it.

With Ben being beaten and my scrape through victory I think it shows that this madden will be very evenly contested. Not fancying Raoul in the next round !
    On the muffed punts, i have had a few. Sometimes i call for the fair catch and the guy waves but then runs away and the ball might not even go for a touchback. I have had another one where the receiver literally seemed to have missed the ball and it bounced off his helmet

That interesting Raoul. We are looking at them in maddenpfl as we think there may be a problem. We are considering bringing in a rule where if its a muff you have to give the ball back as we think there may be a problem with them.

So if you get the ball and start a run back and get hit and lose it thats ok. But if you muff it and the kicking team recovers it then you have to give the ball back.

Will update you as we get more feedback.

So if you get the ball and start a run back and get hit and lose it thats ok. But if you muff it and the kicking team recovers it then you have to give the ball back.

Will update you as we get more feedback.

I'm not mad about this. Punt returners sometimes muff punts.... if its a genuine bug fair enough...

• Advertisement

Just my two cents on the punt return issue. As Berty said above, I had two muffed punts across the two games we played. To be honest I found the lag to be the main reason for this. Both times I got my man into position with plenty off time to spare. However when I called for a fair catch the hand raising was delayed, and when my player eventually raised his hand, the ball just bounced off him. Without the delay I feel there would have been no issue.

I also disagree with the idea we should give punt recoveries back. It's a dangerous precedent to set. Outlaw the low punts that are causing problems, but that's enough. I think knowing when to run the punt, when to call a fair catch, and when to just avoid it and let it bounce are all part of the game and a skill in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm not mad about this. Punt returners sometimes muff punts.... if its a genuine bug fair enough...

As i said mine was where i was simply trying to fair catch it, waiting on the guy to catch it and he just ran away for no reason. The other one it just bounced off his head. Think it was someone on here i was playing. The most ridiculous looking thing ever.

Different story if i moved the receiver and tried to catch and he messed it up.

Not recommending changing the rule unless overwhelming evidence that there is a problem with the muffed punts. Lag in our game was pretty bad. In fact I think I tried to kick a FG from the 2nd muffed punt and only kicked it halfway ! I was confident later when I stopped Pudsy and he had a +40 yarder but he duly kicked it to tie the game !

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I haven't had any muffed punts playing either online or offline. Is it possible, when the punt bounced off the guys face, that the normal returner was injured and the back up was just crap?

Or is it a case of running before the ball was secured? which has happened to me on passes.

I've had one online where I didn't move him he just didn't catch it and it bounced forward and luckily my team recovered it.

Philly and SanFran slog it out at the Candlestick.

SF 7/14/14/10. 45
    P. 14/14/7/7. 42

Total offence. SF 444, 383pass, 61 run
    P. 428, 287 pass, 141 run

Turnovers, SF 2, P3, sf's both were ran in for td's

Smith 15/22, 399yrds, 112.7
    Vick. 14/25, 287yrds, 96.6

Gore 42yrd - 18
    McCoy 142 -12

WR. Davis sf 163/7
    Calek p 97/5
    McCoy 60/3
    Avant 71/3
    Gore 112/3

Great game full of big runs, amazing catches and some poor sf defending due to me! A penalty with a minute to go putting me on second and 22 nearly cost me a chance of the win, Davis pulled it out of the bag for me and a short fg won it.
    Philly will win many games this season, I just couldn't stop them scoring points. Top player I may rethink how the NFC east will go down on this performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'm away the weekend . So I'd say it will have to be next week.

am available now Dave but would have to play in the next 15mins. If not then I'll have to let you know, not sure about my timetable for college next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals @ Jags

Bengals: 7/14/0/0 = 21
    Jaguars: 0/0/3/14 = 17

Passing
    CIN: Dalton 8/13 for 103yds 2 TD 1 INT
    JAX: Gabbert 10/21 for 176yds 1TD 4 INT
    Henne 3/7 for 67yds 0 TD 4INT

Green-Ellis 95yd for 31ATT
    Scott 22yd for 4 ATT

MJD - 16yd for 7 ATT

Horrible accuracy from Jags QBs with 8 INT total!

Game got closer during 4th Qtr but too little too late from Jags and couldnt get it going.

Was a good game from a Bengals defensive POV - learned that outside the 50yd line kicker sucks with two long balls falling well short.

And Jags I think probably learned why they dont like the passing game!

Cant wait for full league to start :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah good game. Scoreline flattered me I got a defensive TD and the only drive which didnt result in an INT with an ironic TD.

Decided I wanted to use the cup to focus on my passing game, 8 INTs. 8 of them. I'm pretty sure an INT on every drive. Gabbert threw 3 so I put Henne in, he threw 4 so I put Gabbert back in and he threw another. Just a joke. I would say 4 of them were terrible decisions on my part, but 4 were definitely avoidable.

Cheers for the game NekoChan, that first drive was a thing of beauty. I thought I called all the right plays, you just got it all right. Your kicker = muck. Your punter = good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pacfish is awarded a bye into the next round.

Advertisement