Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of Monsters and Men [Olympia 21st Feb 2013]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Really looking forward to this, saw them at EP, really good live band!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone reckon this will this sell-out quickly?

I'm trying to decide if it's safe to leave off buying tickets for a couple of weeks until I get paid.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon this will this sell-out quickly?

I'm trying to decide if it's safe to leave off buying tickets for a couple of weeks until I get paid.....

Id say it will sell out pretty quick

Id say it will sell out pretty quick

Damn, I don't want to risk it, heard they are pretty good live, think i'll just suck it up and buy.

If anyone has a pre-sale link to share that would be greatly appreciated! Trying to get tickets at 9am on Fridays is not my cup of tea...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Presale tickets are available through their store on their website

http://ofmonstersandmen.cinderblock.com/tickets.html

You do have to pay a bit extra for shipping though but at least I won't have the hassle of that Friday morning ticket madness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 garsweet

Hey anyone book of their store site?i did never got a confirm email or anything they just took the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tickets on sale this Friday €22.50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

garsweet wrote: »
    Hey anyone book of their store site?i did never got a confirm email or anything they just took the money.

Yep, I ordered mine.
    I registered for the shop site first.
    Got email back.
    Did u include correct email address?
    Did it have a confirmation page after you entered in all your details?

The email address comes from donotreply@crowdsurge.com
    Maybe check your spam / junk mail folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I ordered through the store and like whiskeyman I registered first. Got the confirmation email through to my inbox very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 garsweet

Thanks for the reply`s.still didnt hear anything but they deffo took the money of my cc so will just have to wait thanks again guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

lc180 wrote: »
    Damn, I don't want to risk it, heard they are pretty good live, think i'll just suck it up and buy.

If anyone has a pre-sale link to share that would be greatly appreciated! Trying to get tickets at 9am on Fridays is not my cup of tea...

Just demand to be able to afford it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Tickets bought, cheers for the pre-sale link.
    That €7+ shipping fee is a joke but it prob still works out the same price as ticketmaster on Friday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would not surprise me if they add a second date

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

i think i would rather pay the extra bit, 1. so i dont have to worry about 9am sellouts, because after not bein able to get back into the tent at ep after leavin for a pee with the crowd I reckon it will sell out in no time, and 2. Id say the tickets will be much better lookin than the ****ty ticketmaster tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

I used paypal to make my payments, got a reciept from paypal but not from cinderblock i assume thats fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd put money on the tickets being the same as the ticketmaster ones. Olympia is an all barcoded venue so they won't be able to print their own.

I liked these guys on record but I wasn't overly impressed with them at EP. I guess I was the only one but I felt they never had the energy of any of the bands that they are emulating on stage. Was it just that it was a festival show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 diane1958

I have bought same way with Pay Pal have confirmation from paypal but nothing from them I have email them but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Phew, got my 4 standing tickets, standing section now sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

I just got standing... might not be sold out yet! Selecting best avail and got seated so tried again and got em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Moses048

Of all the days to lose your wallet!! Only found it now and there's no decent seats left:mad: Anyone reckon they might add an earlier date?
    Theres tickets left in the upper circle. Anybody ever been to a concert in the upper circle? Whats it like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Moses048 wrote: »
    Of all the days to lose your wallet!! Only found it now and there's no decent seats left:mad: Anyone reckon they might add an earlier date?
    Theres tickets left in the upper circle. Anybody ever been to a concert in the upper circle? Whats it like?

If you get seats towards the front it's normally fine (they are usually unreserved seating in the upper circle) but arrive early so you can pick a decent seat and don't end up at the back or behind a pillar because you will have an obstructed view. It's quite high up aswell. I usually avoid the upper circle unless I'm desperate to see an act and there are no other tickets going.

l.jpg

Maybe have a look on http://www.toutless.com/ or on Twitter (#ticketfairy) for tickets first?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Anyone who got tickets on the band's website and didn't receive a confirmation email heard back from r support people yet?
    I got 3, was charged and received a ref number but got no confirmation email, also in 'my account' there is no record of orders. Gettin a little worried as I emailed them etc but heard nothing back. Also all decent tickets are gone......:confused:

I got email ok but they charged my CC double the amount!!! Need to ring them tomorro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just interested to know how they are already playing a venue this size?

They only really have one song. I'm not talking literally here obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

flyswatter wrote: »

Striking while the iron is hot.

They'll be forgotten about next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they have a no.1 album and are getting radio play everywhere, so they're obviously popular enough to play somewhere bigger than The Academy....

the tent they played at EP holds a few thousand and was full, hundreds outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Did anyone get a cancellation email this afternoon from cinder block? Not even a reason given :-(

CFC007 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a cancellation email this afternoon from cinder block? Not even a reason given :-(

Did you get a confirmation email beforehand?
    Did anyone who ordered via presale receive their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation email beforehand?
    Did anyone who ordered via presale receive their tickets yet?

The only confirmation of the transaction was from paypal. I sent them an email there so hopefully it will get sorted:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just goes to show that major record labels and their push still matters hugely and it's all about getting into daytime radio playlists.

Advertisement