Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of Monsters and Men [Olympia 21st Feb 2013]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barkerj

recyclops wrote: »
    If they dont reply where does it leave us tbh anyone else we can get on too. :mad:

I had to mail them before about this order (was double charged, needed to request the refund from them). It took them 8 days to respond, but when they did, they were very polite and helpful. They did confirm that the order was still on their system (I had been worried that it didn't go through correctly), but still no sign of any tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

Looking to SWAP my 'Of Monsters and Men' tickets, for 2 tickets to 'The Lumineers'.

I've got 2 pairs of tickets; 2 standing, and 2 seating in the lower circle section.

I'll swap either pair.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT MY TICKETS ARE HARD COPY TICKETS*

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vanvliet

I'm still waiting for tickets also, have emailed numerous times to no avail. Their twitter account hasn't been used since November, so it isn't looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

ive decided im going to call them later on tonight when i get home, had enough of waiting for emails

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Fair play let us know what they say.

• Advertisement

I believe ticket orders for Cinderblock are fulfilled by Crowd Surge. Their website says tickets dispatched 2-4 weeks before events. Maybe this gives some hope. I emailed them but - surprise, surprise, no reply.

Called em, got no answer in there customer service department but left a vm for a fran ortiz, I will call again

Called them again, no answer tried a different extension got no answer either.

Managed to find the names of some staff on LinkedIn, so far unable to make any contact with anyone.

They tweeted recently which I presume means they're still open. I replied, but no response.

Crowd Surge have come back to me, and I've given them the reference number on my Pay Pal payment. I'm hoping that will lead to something.

Anyone else get anywhere?

vanvliet wrote: »
    Managed to find the names of some staff on LinkedIn, so far unable to make any contact with anyone.

They tweeted recently which I presume means they're still open. I replied, but no response.

Crowd Surge have come back to me, and I've given them the reference number on my Pay Pal payment. I'm hoping that will lead to something.

Anyone else get anywhere?

No sign of anything for me. Starting to get nervous. I realise these companies usually say that tickets should show up within a couple of weeks of the event, but that's no use if they won't get back to e-mail communication within a reasonable time frame (a couple of days).

Think I might just stick to Ticketmaster in future - I know people complain about them, but my tickets have always shown up without any hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nee Mans Clomo

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Crowd Surge have informed me that my tickets are not on their list, so no luck there.

However, all my emails have finally got a response from Cinderblock

"I am so very sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry, regarding the tickets. Normally tickets are not sent out by Crowd Surge (the company handling the tickets) until 1-2 weeks before the show date. I have reached out to them to check on your tickets for you. I should have an answer by tomorrow morning (it is Tuesday Afternoon here). I will be in touch tomorrow morning again with you.

Again, please do accept my apologies!"

I'll let you know how I get on.

Crowd Surge have informed me that my tickets are not on their list, so no luck there.

However, all my emails have finally got a response from Cinderblock

"I am so very sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry, regarding the tickets. Normally tickets are not sent out by Crowd Surge (the company handling the tickets) until 1-2 weeks before the show date. I have reached out to them to check on your tickets for you. I should have an answer by tomorrow morning (it is Tuesday Afternoon here). I will be in touch tomorrow morning again with you.

Again, please do accept my apologies!"

I'll let you know how I get on.

By any chance was there a name on the email that was sent to you?

I called again got an answer, nice girl on the phone said same they are sent through crowd surge and she will email them and get back to me

Apologies for not replying earlier - Fran Ortiz was the person who emailed me - the 1st email in September was also from him.

The promised reply the following morning didn't materialise. Crowd Surge have already told me I'm not on the list so I guess a refund is the best I can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Anybody else get an update on missing tickets from Cinderblock ?

I'm sitting pretty here with no replies to e-mails as of yet ..

Finally got this reply in the last hour after sending yet another reminder:

I am so very sorry for the delays and inconvenience that you have had with your order. Please accept my apologies for all of the issues. I have been in touch with Crowd Surge this morning and they were not able to give me confirmation the tickets were sent out already. They are working on replacement tickets now and are going to update me on this today. I will continue to be in touch with you throughout today.

Thank You,

Fran

Le sigh, found out through paypal that i was a victim of the refund issue, not sure how i missed that, i was charged once, and still refunded ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Finally got this reply in the last hour after sending yet another reminder

Could you please tell me what email address you've been using to get in contact with them?

Got an email of cinder block advising no tickets are coming my way:mad::mad::mad: and i am now the proud owner of a 10% discount on the online of monsters and men shop.

great birthday for my GF

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    Got an email of cinder block advising no tickets are coming my way:mad::mad::mad: and i am now the proud owner of a 10% discount on the online of monsters and men shop.

great birthday for my GF

Yup same as this AM ...

ohh well sure ..

And add me to that list as well.

Damn, was looking forward to that concert.

And add me to that list as well.

Damn, was looking forward to that concert.

+1. I got an e-mail from Caitlin in Cinderblock this evening saying that due to a Paypal error, Paypal have resulted in my order not being received correctly. Was a bug in Paypal apparently, nothing Cinderblock did wrong, all Paypal's fault.

Did I mention that it is all Paypal's fault?

Bear in mind that "Fran O" in Cinderblock confirmed a few months back that my order was still active on their system.

Not happy. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MythBoy

does anyone have tickets for Of Monsters and Men? I really want to see them but missed out on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

MythBoy wrote: »
    does anyone have tickets for Of Monsters and Men? I really want to see them but missed out on the tickets.

They are very hard to come by. :p
    As soon as they go up on places like Adverts/Toutless they're snapped up! I was regularly checking in the hope of maybe getting some but I've given up now, don't have the money any more anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Have two tickets which I got ages ago and now won't be able to make it down from Belfast. Will sell at face value plus delivery cost.Alternatively Will be down in Dublin for Lumineers on Saturday night and could bring tickets then.genuine fans only - sorry gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

seem to be one of the lucky few that actually recieved their tickets from cinderblock not credit card mess up either cant wait any news on support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Should've gone to Specsav...I mean Ticketmaster.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Should've gone to Specsav...I mean Ticketmaster.

I received refunds for my two (failed) transactions from Cinder Block. Seems like it's now my fault as well, as Paypal have charged me a 3.4% commission on receiving this money. Been on the phone to Paypal, apparently I wouldn't have been charged it if Cinder Block had marked the transaction as a personal payment. It only comes to about 7-8 dollars, but I hardly see why I should be paying this due to their mistake.

Can these people get anything right? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Was it only paypal orders that went belly-up via the presale?
    My CC order (thankfully!) went ok, although I was double charged, I got the refund and the tickets by post before Christmas.
    Damn shame for all yee who missed it because of the funk up, but I reckon they'll announce another gig here soon.

Advertisement