Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of Monsters and Men [Olympia 21st Feb 2013]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I also got burnt in this fiasco but managed to pick up tickets on gumtree awhile back just in case. Any ideas who's supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barkerj

barkerj wrote: »
    I received refunds for my two (failed) transactions from Cinder Block. Seems like it's now my fault as well, as Paypal have charged me a 3.4% commission on receiving this money. Been on the phone to Paypal, apparently I wouldn't have been charged it if Cinder Block had marked the transaction as a personal payment. It only comes to about 7-8 dollars, but I hardly see why I should be paying this due to their mistake.

Can these people get anything right? :mad:

Got on to Cinder Block about this, and it's been resolved (ish). They've resent the money with them accepting the fees - however I've lost a few Euros due to currency conversion issues, but at least Cinder Block haven't benefited out of this.

I'd urge anyone who received a refund for tickets to check that they didn't get stung for this 3.4% commission, click on "details" from your Paypal account to see if any fees were taken from your refund before conversion to Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

I may have gotten somewhere with constant emails, calls and general moaning with cinderblock.

Will report back hopefully tomorrow with some good news, seems i wake up to daily emails

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

support is mugison

according to his facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/mugison/events

CFC007 wrote: »
    I also got burnt in this fiasco but managed to pick up tickets on gumtree awhile back just in case. Any ideas who's supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Support on stage at 8pm & OMAM at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

after a lot of back and forth emails have just received this

Dear recyclops,

Thank you for working with us through all of this confusion. As I said, you have tickets for the Dublin. To gain access to the show you will need to bring your ID with the name recyclops on it. Your name is on the "Cinder Block List" at the Guest List Entrance at the venue for 2 tickets.

Please make sure that you have all of this information with you at the time of arrival for the show.

Have a great time

so fingers crossed there is actually tkts for myself :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

recyclops wrote: »
    after a lot of back and forth emails have just received this

Dear recyclops,

Thank you for working with us through all of this confusion. As I said, you have tickets for the Dublin. To gain access to the show you will need to bring your ID with the name recyclops on it. Your name is on the "Cinder Block List" at the Guest List Entrance at the venue for 2 tickets.

Please make sure that you have all of this information with you at the time of arrival for the show.

Have a great time

so fingers crossed there is actually tkts for myself :confused::confused::confused:

I wonder how many people will show up at the ticket office with fake ID as 'Mr Recyclops' :D
    The fact they have a 'Cinder Block List' probably means there's a good few more people in the same boat.
    Fair play for hassling them and enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This post has been deleted.

Couldn't agree more.
    Really tired performance. They did seem better in the 2nd half though.
    Amount of people talking, even through the slow songs, was unreal.
    It was like watching a support act at times... loud talking and no one really interested in the concert. Surely the band must have noticed this during the quieter songs.
    Still, the album is fantastic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i was at the gig but had to move to back (had been feeling ill all day) and where i was the amount of people just talking or going past me to the bar was unreal. I left just after Little Talks due to no feeling great . I still enjoyed the band since i had nothing to really compare them to since it was my 1st time

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

its just like the problem at the aviva for the rugby these days.

its about being seen at the event rather than enjoying the event.

you should have to sit an entrance exam to go to concerts/matches these days.
    weed out the chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

And I don't think the people realize that they might disturbe those who actually went for the music. Same during the xx

If they want to talk to their friends then they should all meet up a few hours before the gig.It can ruin the whole night for someone who came to actually listen to the lyrics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

SusanneKn wrote: »
    And I don't think the people realize that they might disturbe those who actually went for the music. Same during the xx

If they want to talk to their friends then they should all meet up a few hours before the gig.It can ruin the whole night for someone who came to actually listen to the lyrics.

the xx was a fantastic gig but your right it was jammed with bar hopping idiots talking. christ almighty its on dame street. get tanked up and then come in. dont ruin the gig for everyone else.

I thought the performance was very good and energetic, I enjoyed it! I had to stay towards the back because my arm is in a sling but did notice people constantly talking during the event. One guy even said out loud "When are they going to play "little talks" so we can leave?".

Why go to a gig for one song??

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

I enjoyed it not as good as ep but different atmospheres I was not disappointed at all in fairness all around us seem to be into the gig so that prob helped my night

on the way out some bird giving out that they didn't play little talks twice as that's their only song seriously why the **** bother paying for a ticket if you know one song! She also complained that when they got the crowd to turn around there was no surprise when everyone turned back apparently she hoped the would bring on some1 famous !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I knew there'd be loads of hipsters on here today moaning about the chatter. I was back centre and yes there was a lot of talk but no more than any other gig you'd be at. Never seen so many sulkers/moaners/complainers intent on getting everyone to shut up like we were going to mass - it's a feckin rock concert FFS! To be honest, the lads visibly sulking/moaning/complaining seemed to bring the mood down more than anyone.

I thought the sounds was fairly bad last night actually - where I was standing they could have done with the volume being turned up a little bit. The female singer in particular you couldn't hear at all. There was a sound technician at her feet every few minutes it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I knew there'd be loads of hipsters on here today moaning about the chatter. I was back centre and yes there was a lot of talk but no more than any other gig you'd be at. Never seen so many sulkers/moaners/complainers intent on getting everyone to shut up like we were going to mass - it's a feckin rock concert FFS! To be honest, the lads visibly sulking/moaning/complaining seemed to bring the mood down more than anyone.

I thought the sounds was fairly bad last night actually - where I was standing they could have done with the volume being turned up a little bit. The female singer in particular you couldn't hear at all. There was a sound technician at her feet every few minutes it seemed.

The technician seemed to be having trouble with her guitar more than anything thought her vocals were fine her accent can be quite thick at times

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barkerj

Shedite27 wrote: »

Have to agree with your first point here. Once a band gets any kind of widespread popularity, the gigs attract people who will be talking throughout. It was no worse than any other concert I've been to. Time to get over it, or quit going to gigs by popular bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I suppose , if going to a gig was only about hearing every note & syllable of every song played, then more people would just go on their own and not collectively as we tend to do. We have to accept it's a social event. Having said that, the noise of chatter was quite noticeable during some songs. I am aware of it more and more at gigs I attend. I don't believe in over-reverential hush either. You can't expect people not to communicate for the best part of 90 mins. That's equally , if not more annoying. Maybe we are pushing the limits of what's acceptable noise level though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rener

Love this band. My Head is an Animal is such a great album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement