Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Paris (€90-100/night)

Options
  • 10-09-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey,

Can anyone recommend accommodation in Paris for 3 nights end of October for me and my girlfriend. Preferably looking for a hotel and to be either city centre or at least near Metro station.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

I suggest that you have a look at this (as it's always difficult to know exactly what someone else is looking for)
    http://en.parisinfo.com/paris-hotels/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It's a toughy, for one of the if maybe not the most tourist centric and famous tourist destinations on the planet the actual quality of hotel in Paris isnt great. Basicially my rule of thumb is take the star rating you are used to say in Ireland and knock one off ( a star that is ). 4 star in Ireland = 3 star in Paris etc. For your budget I would try searching for maybe something like the Mercure chain or the Ibis. If you can get a rate that suits for the Ibis Cambronne or the Mercure Tour Eifell.. then go for it, you would almost fall out of bed into the Metro stations, both central enough for sure and both renovated within the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Port Royal Hotel is hard to beat on a budget.

http://www.hotelportroyal.fr/

It's about 25 mins walk from Notre Dame, metro around the corner, train station up the road and velib right next door to explore by bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

I have stayed in the Ibis Bastille several times. Very basic rooms. But clean.

5 mins walk from the metro. And you dont have to spend the money on the breakfast either. There is nice little boulangerie across the road for your freshly baked croissants !

At certain times the hotel can be expensive. Spending 100 on this hotel would be too much. Last time I stayed, I got it for 69 per night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I was in Paris two weekends ago and stayed in the Hotel Paris Lecluse. It is a 2 star hotel and pretty basic although the room was clean and comfortable. My only problem was the it was a little noisey at night when people were heading home. Still saying that it didn't come between me and my sleep.
    It was very close to Montmarte (walking distance) and a metro stop at the top of the street. We ate close by to the hotel both nights we were there and got really lucky with the restaurants (PM me if you'd like the names).
    The hotel stay was €200 in total for both myself and my husband.We booked it through hotels.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Slightly above your suggested price range, but I recommend Hotel Brittany. I've stayed there once, and had a good experience, and relatives have stayed there several times, also with good experiences. One minute's walk from the Métro. Ten minutes' walk from Opéra. A walk up Rue des Martyrs (one of Paris's more interesting streets) takes you to Pigalle in 10 minutes and Montmartre in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

i stayed here, pretty decent for the price and in a handy area.

http://www.agenor-paris-hotel.com/ho...enor-Paris.htm

was really happy with my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

I stay at the Hotel Familia when I visit Paris, the staff are very friendly, speak great English and the rooms are well maintained.

It is walking distance to the Metro, River Seine and Notre Dame. Good location for getting about and plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants.

http://www.familiahotel.com/index.html

Advertisement