Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today has been a good day!

• 10-09-2012 5:56pm

So today is my last day on the dole, as I've received confirmation that I'm starting a new position tomorrow. I had an interview for a separate job today which also seemed to go well. Been on the dole for 2 months so it'll be nice to get back to work. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

To treat myself and the OH I'm making these which should round off the day nicely.

So, AH, what went well for you today?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

well done man, congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I finished the last level of a computer game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Today I commenced subsidising one less dole scrounger.

This is a joke before you kill me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

you a teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Congratulations although the dinner I made is looking extremely inadequate now. :mad: But I guess you deserve.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Dónal wrote: »

To treat myself and the OH I'm making these which should round off the day nicely.

That's a great idea to poison your wife to celebrate a new job. ;)
    Nice to be moving on.

you a teacher?

Nope, Engineer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Best wishes on your new job, nice to see some positivty on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Look at me, look at me, ive a job. Feckin Show off. :p

Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tool_

Great stuff Dónal - working is sh1te but it's a damn sight better than the alternative.

Things that went well for me today: spent the morning in the fresh air at work, chipper for lunch and an early dart at the end of the day. As painless as Mondays get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

counted how much money i made last week.

total €643.57c to go into the bank, like most weeks roughly this amount.

another €100 to collect tomorrow and im off from today until thursday.

yup im good, profit all the way baby.

people never understand why i like mondays and tuesdays soo much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

So today is my last day on the dole, as I've received confirmation that I'm starting a new position tomorrow. I had an interview for a separate job today which also seemed to go well. Been on the dole for 2 months so it'll be nice to get back to work. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Congratulations Dónal, best of luck tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Many Congrats to you Dónal :)

Wishing you well in your new position and long may that last too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Oh yeah?

Well i make your salary in a week buddy. :cool:

Fair play Donal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Good day for me too. Last day in Portugal, sipping a cocktail and relaxing. Never knew how burnt out you could be until you recharge.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One month from now:
    God, I hate mondays. Booked a holiday for next week, just got confirmation I can take them. Been working for a month so it'll be nice to get back to the couch. Everything's coming up Millhouse.

To treat myself and the OH up I'm making these, I figure if we keep eating comfort food it'll make us feel better.

Mark my words!!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Only messing of course, fair play, hope it works out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

You should have warned us about the picture of a turd in that link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Good luck in the new job dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Congrats OP!! Good news indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Ghandee wrote: »
    Oh yeah?

Well i make your salary in a week buddy. :cool:

Fair play Donal!

that is a weekly amount i get....... every week i get around that.

its actually slightly more than that cos that dosent include what amount of fuel goes into my car which can be up to €200 a week.

• Advertisement

that is a weekly amount i get....... every week i get around that.

its actually slightly more than that cos that dosent include what amount of fuel goes into my car which can be up to €200 a week.

And it's relevant, how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Nope, Engineer.
    grand bit of summer hollidays for you, all the same

And it's relevant, how exactly?

because it made today a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thinly veiled 'today has been a good day' thread.

Congrats!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Becoming vegetarian ;).

Congrats OP, and best of luck in the new job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Congrats Dónal :)

I didn't realise I could've got all those thanks if I'd posted about my new job last week. Though technically I'm still on the dole too.

What made today a good day ..I felt good at work today because I've had my boss say good things about me to me, and it was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Surely the country's not in that much of a state that a measly €600 a week is something to boast about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got caught in rain and then find out breaking bad is on a break for a year.

Wet panda is not happy panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thought I lost my phone
    but was in my other pocket
    made my day bearable

• Advertisement

Kurz wrote: »
    Surely the country's not in that much of a state that a measly €600 a week is something to boast about :confused:

Measly? If I had 600 a week I'd be living like a fcuking queen.

Gongoozler wrote: »

when the only bill i pay is €250 a month ? (cos that take home pay already includes fuel and snacks)

im happy and the bank account only goes up. you do live like a king.

when the only bill i pay is €250 a month ? (cos that take home pay already includes fuel and snacks)
    What?
    you do live like a king.
    How's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

'Grats, OP!

Today I picked up my bike-to-work scheme bike and cycled on city roads for the first time. And it was good. :) I learned that the good habits I have as a pedestrian translate over to bike-riding. :)

I make a lot less than that per week. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Quorum wrote: »
    I make a lot less than that per week. :(

Big mac and fries then man...

• Advertisement

Too much negativity, thread needs moar happiness!

Big mac and fries then man...

I'm a professional, believe it or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yay to you OP :)
    Getting a job now, especially an actual good enough paying full time one, seems to be few and far between, hope all goes well in it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

For some strange reason i didn't have a hangover today after drinking the bejaysus out of it yesterday for the match.

And welcome back to the workforce dude!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

For some strange reason i didn't have a hangover today after drinking the bejaysus out of it yesterday for the match.

And welcome back to the workforce dude!

Good man Seed...bet you burst a few arsegrapes when you blew out a nice sour chump of pungent shite this morn...

Injested close to a gallon of fine cider mysell pre and post match...blew out a fuckin crop duster this morn in the executive dunny.

A "wide footprint" is all I will say....a very wide footprint......

• Advertisement

What?
    you do live like a king.
    How's that?

stay quiet and be happy for the OP

merry Christmas OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

for me, today went according to plan. managed not to get over-stressed and avoided people that might cause stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Are we braggin' about our lot then? I have a lot of good news but I thought the deal was you keep that sh!t to yourself at the risk of begrudgers trying to bring ya down

What I posted and what you quoted had nothing to do with the OP. Try making sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

What I posted and what you quoted had nothing to do with the OP. Try making sense.

I am making sense. I said that as the op wants to go back on topic and I am not going to explain myself to you or derail this thread any further.
    end of

congrads again op, be grand to have the extra money in your pocket for a few scoops !

Mod

Good, anymore derailment or raining on parades will be frowned upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Congrats. What is the job if you don't mind me asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Congrats OP :)

I think the highlight of my day was getting a decent americano in Starbucks. Come back to me tomorrow, I might have something better to contribute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Between my OH and I we are barely making 600 a week...thought we were doing good! :/ congrats OP on the new job!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement