Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk copper making enquiries to transfer to PSNI..

• 10-09-2012 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

PSNI transfer ..
    Hi all

I'd rather replies from serving/retired Psni Police Officers or well versed M.O.Ps if there is any here.

I'm posting about a English trained Police Officer transferring to PSNI + a bit Networking, always helps .

I've always known I would love to work in Northern Ireland, I left Ireland at 20 and joined the London Met Police, some people think I was crazy but.. In my mind people are people no  matter where you work, colour, religion or sexuality does not really matter in my eyes; guess I was brought up to be fair and honest.

Ive had dozens of mixed NI friends over the years and popped over to NI with an ex girlfriend who was from West Belfast ( less said the better ) a few times so I'm aware of the craic .

I was just too young in service for the last recruitment of transfers of regulars to PSNI last year. Murphys Law as I got a bit lazy to apply for the regs in the last few years a civi, should have done it way sooner.

Is there anyone on here who did / doing similar, willing to offer advice or cops willing to chat ( not on the full public view forum) I've loads of questions.

I've been in touch HR , got the general email reply - we will advertise when we have posts etc ..

All advice welcome 

Thanks Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boyeen30

I would just like to thank everyone that's replied to me over the last few months.. ... There is now finally real official light at the end of the tunnel .. So fingers crossed . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Boyeen30 wrote: »
    I would just like to thank everyone that's replied to me over the last few months.. ... There is now finally real official light at the end of the tunnel .. So fingers crossed . .

Care to expand for us? :pac:

Pm'd .. More as I get the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Boyeen30 wrote: »
    Pm'd .. More as I get the details.

Care to expand to me via pm? :pac:

Snap ..

• Advertisement

http://www.policeprofessional.com/jobs.aspx?id=1498

And
    http://ww2.policeoracle.com/jobs/moreinfo.cfm?jobnumber=8493&session_id=gDiCVr}zXIcH~LV9146687A-C7E3-6DE2-A621ECC008768B99mK}TOCBi@FqfLcV

PSNI has just today opened for Transferees... I'm sure it will be opening for New officers soon .. Here comes the roller coaster of trying to get in .. ( never assume its easy for us normal cops to get in) .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Delighted for you, hope it goes well !

They just got 200 million to spend .. Watch the Websites for " New Officers " openings ...

Last year 80 transferee to PSNI from the UK a few went back ... They will top up now and I bet they will want new blood soon ..
    Cheers buddy

Sorry for the delay I had a heads up PSNI HR itself .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Good luck to everyone applying for a transfer. The PSNI is an excellent force to work for and as you board the plane you'll be leaving Winsor for dust.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

notbrazil wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone applying for a transfer. The PSNI is an excellent force to work for and as you board the plane you'll be leaving Winsor for dust.

Force? We're not a force, we're a Service! 'You don't want to be handcuffed? Not a problem. Here, let me get that cell door for you. Can I get you tea or coffee?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 pure_magick

Shield wrote: »

Force? We're not a force, we're a Service! 'You don't want to be handcuffed? Not a problem. Here, let me get that cell door for you. Can I get you tea or coffee?'

You forgot 2 call them Sir while they fight with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Wouldn't have been the first time one has made a cuppa for a buchaill he was fighting with an hour earlier :)...a cuppa and a bit of a chat can be a great peacemaker.....especially if there's a cell door in between :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 judoman

What's the transferee process for this?

How fitting ... Just had a savage roll on the floor with some traveller boy from Dungannon .. having the banter dropping him home ... It's an odd game.

Advertisement