Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Heuston to RDS?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with Dublin, but I am coming up there next Saturday with my mother (from Limerick) to go to the Health show at the RDS. We have been ripped off a few times whenever we took a taxi from Heuston to various places in the past (airport, hospital etc).

So I am thinking that I could take a bus/Luas to Connolly station and then get the Dart to Sandymount.

My question is about taxis: My mother isnt very good on her feet, she can walk fine but not very far at a time. Does anyone know if there are any taxis at Sandymount Dart to get to RDS? I know its only a 7 minute walk but that may be a bit far for her.
    Or anyone know the approximate price (i'm trying to keep costs down on the trip!) of a taxi from Heuston to RDS please? Or the phone number of a reasonable, reputable private company/individual?

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bus 145 from Hueston goes close by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You can take the number 145 bus from outside the front door of Heuston to Donnybrook village. It is a five minute taxi journey (or 10 minute walk) from there to the RDS, so the taxi should be under €10. Ask the bus driver to let you at on Morehampton road, at the junction with Herbert Park road, where the Johns Scottus school, its a straight journey down Herbert Park road then to the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I agree with cool.mo d. A tenner at the very most. It is a busy road so you shouldmt have any problem hailing down a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

That's great, thanks so much for the info, guys! €10 will be a big saving on what we would have paid for a taxi from Heuston & without much hassle. Hopefully we will be able to get a taxi from that road easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Would a taxi from Heuston be much more than €15?

Just checked the taxi fare site which suggests less than €12 weekday or €15 Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just walk from Donnybrook after getting off the 145, I'm lazy and I'd walk it no problem.

You'd spend longer waiting to hail a taxi than the journey itself (ok maybe a slight exaggeration but not much).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Thanks, just to update in case anyone else in this situation.

I got off at John Scottus school & was just phoning local taxi cab (too far for my mother to walk) when an older lady asked were we ok & did we want a lift? So she took us to RDS. So nice of her!

Coming back i phoned a local cab company & they quoted me €20 from RDS to Heuston, but when I went outside there was taxi rank & we got to Heuston for €13!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

How long would it take to get a taxi from Heuston in Dublin in peak time at 8.30 or 9 am to get to the RDS? Can somebody recommend a taxi driver or somewhere I could get a small eight or nine seater bus/ taxi to bring a group from heuston to the RDS?? Any ideas on cost. I presume that they would be same costs as above.

Advertisement