Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach from Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Has anyone ridden the Aircoach from the Dublin airport? I'm flying into Dublin from the US (it was much cheaper and more direct than flying into Cork), and I'm hoping not to have to go from the airport to Busaras in order to get a bus to Cork.

Also, it says it drops off at Patrick's Quay; how easy would it be for me to get a cab or bus from there to UCC? I think I'll have too much luggage to want to carry it all the way.

-Tyler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

As far as I know, it leaves from the coach park outside the arrivals hall. There will be signs to guide you to there. As for getting a taxi if you cross the bridge to st patricks street there will be a taxi rank when you get to the other side of the bridge, or you could get the number 5 bus which would also bring you to UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

often fly into dublin and travel to cork - best bet is to take the 747 bus straight to Heuston (via port tunnel) and then have the train pre booked for €19.99 one way

205 bus goes from kent Station Cork to UCC

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

TAlderson wrote: »
    Has anyone ridden the Aircoach from the Dublin airport? I'm flying into Dublin from the US (it was much cheaper and more direct than flying into Cork), and I'm hoping not to have to go from the airport to Busaras in order to get a bus to Cork.

Also, it says it drops off at Patrick's Quay; how easy would it be for me to get a cab or bus from there to UCC? I think I'll have too much luggage to want to carry it all the way.

-Tyler

Aircoach Dublin to Cork stops at both Terminals at the airport now, full timetable below.

http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.cork.php

€15 single booked online or €18 on the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

got this the other night bus outside arrivals door -took 3 and a half hours to get to patricks quay-a 3 min walk will bring you to the taixs across the bridge

some taxis also remarkably arrive next to bus just as bus pulls into patricks quay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

got this the other night bus outside arrivals door -took 3 and a half hours to get to patricks quay-a 3 min walk will bring you to the taixs across the bridge

some taxis also remarkably arrive next to bus just as bus pulls into patricks quay

I noticed that Sunday night as well..

My Wife got off the AirCoach from Dublin,,and as it pulled in on Patricks Quay,,about 6 or 7 Taxis pulled in behind it.

First time I ever saw that..

• Advertisement
Advertisement