Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'US covered up Soviet atrocities in WWII'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Canvasser wrote: »
    There was no lack of contraception in the USSR. That's Ireland you're thinking of.

Another factually incorrect post. ^^^^^^^^ and a failed attempt at mind reading.

In the postwar period, when population growth declined precipitously in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union, governments in these countries adopted pronatalist population policies and restricted access to contraception

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12283252

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Another factually incorrect post. ^^^^^^^^ and a failed attempt at mind reading.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12283252

Was that the best you could find on google? Jesus look a bit harder would ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

800,000 Red Army soldiers died liberating Poland from the nazis. They needn't have bothered for all the thanks they got. It would have been better to leave the Nazis in Poland and allow them to wipe the Polish race off the face of the earth wouldn't it?
    No it wouldn't. But you know that they lost so many people because their poor tactics mostly. They did not bother about ordinary soldiers. A lot of them could be save but their commanders did not care.
    Is it your point we should forget what they were doing in Poland because they liberated us?
    Winner take all?
    Polish could see that one occupant left and the second appeared. Nothing was changed.

Was that the best you could find on google? Jesus look a bit harder would ya.

I use Bing.

Artur.PL wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. But you know that they lost so many people because their poor tactics mostly. They did not bother about ordinary soldiers. A lot of them could be save but their commanders did not care.
    Is it your point we should forget what they were doing in Poland because they liberated us?
    Winner take all?
    Polish could see that one occupant left and second appeared. Nothing was changed.

You're criticising the tactics of the Red Army in 1944? Oh please tell me about all the great battles the Polish Army won in WW2:rolleyes:

The problem with Poland for the last 20 years is that it has been run by extreme right wingers and lunatics. Polish "academics" and historians" like to claim that nazism and communism was the same for Poland. However the facts disagree. Some Polish politicians even claim that Katyn was as bad as the holocaust. Poland today is a sh1tty county run by lunatics. That's why the Polish youth all come to Ireland.

You're criticising the tactics of the Red Army in 1944? Oh please tell me about all the great battles the Polish Army won in WW2:rolleyes:

The problem with Poland for the last 20 years is that it has been run by extreme right wingers and lunatics. Polish "academics" and historians" like to claim that nazism and communism was the same for Poland. However the facts disagree. Some Polish politicians even claim that Katyn was as bad as the holocaust. Poland today is a sh1tty county run by lunatics. That's why the Polish youth all come to Ireland.

Any facts in your posts would be purely accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

phoenix999 wrote: »
    That link currently opens a page with no content (for me anyway)

The USA covering up Communist atrocities would have been consistent with their policy of appeasing the USSR at Yalta - so the idea strikes me as credible.

I think the USA must have been very afraid of the USSR at that time.

edit: Wow some of the posts here... The USSR weren't out to liberate anyone. They were aggressive empire builders in their own right, and had just as impressive a list of atrocities as the Nazis. They were also very happy to cooperate with the Nazis and they invaded Poland at the same time as Germany did. It was Germany who attacked the USSR, and in this one case their cassus belli was actually credible - ie: that the USSR was an immediate threat to western civilisation which needed to be countered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

It is not criticism it' fact.
    You are telling about right wing extreme running Poland in last 20 years. There is a lot of things you still have to learn about Poland. Try not to focus only on lunatics, it is easy to find them everywhere but find different options
    btw. Who said that Katyn was like holocaust?

That link currently opens a page with no content (for me anyway)

The USA covering up Communist atrocities would have been consistent with their policy of appeasing the USSR at Yalta - so the idea strikes me as credible.

I think the USA must have been very afraid of the USSR at that time.

edit: Wow some of the posts here... The USSR weren't out to liberate anyone. They were aggressive empire builders in their own right, and had just as impressive a list of atrocities as the Nazis. They were also very happy to cooperate with the Nazis and they invaded Poland at the same time as Germany. It was Germany who attacked the USSR, and in this one case their cassus belli wa actually credible - ie: that the USSR was an immediate threat to western civilisation which needed to be countered.

You sound like a nazi now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

You sound like a nazi now
    No I dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Cant you argue your point of view without the use of ad hominem attacks?
    Atrocities were committed by both the axis and allied forces during the war,no participant was whiter than white.

That poster was justifying the nazi genocide in the East on the grounds that it was a crusade to save western civilisation.

That poster was justifying the nazi genocide in the East on the grounds that it was a crusade to save western civilisation.

He made no mention of "nazi genocide", so he can hardly be accused of justifying anything of the kind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm trying to figure out exactly where this thread is going, and why I shouldn't just lock it as being unproductive. Answers on a postcard in the next 6 hours, or at least, some useful post on topic, or it's getting locked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That answers that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement