Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 closed from mulinavat to knocktopher(northbound)

Options
  • 10-09-2012 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what they are doing on the M9 between junction 11 to junction 10. Its closed northbound from today till friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Just basic roadworks . - Alternative routes will be signposted along the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=130264

M9 northbound closed from junction 11 Mullinavat to Junction 10 Knocktopher until 9pm Friday 14th September. Diversions onto R448

DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Just basic roadworks . - Alternative routes will be signposted along the motorway.

There was nothing wrong with the road not that i seen anyway and i travel it everyday... i wonder is it the preparation for a toll gate???????? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

S28382 wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with the road not that i seen anyway and i travel it everyday... i wonder is it the preparation for a toll gate???????? :eek:
    I think they'd need more than a couple of weeks to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

And they seem to be doing feck all at Paulstown where part of one lane is closed still, both sides of carriageway. Since last Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Qwerty456

I heard the works are in relation to the standing water that is occassionally on the road after heavy rain.

some issue with water not seeping through correctly.

don't know if any more of the road has to be done after this section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Qwerty456 wrote: »
    I heard the works are in relation to the standing water that is occassionally on the road after heavy rain.

some issue with water not seeping through correctly.

don't know if any more of the road has to be done after this section.
    That's what I was thinking it might be. It is still a very new construction so it was going to have settling in problems and you certainly don't want water pooling where cars travel at high speed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mfitzy wrote: »
    And they seem to be doing feck all at Paulstown where part of one lane is closed still, both sides of carriageway. Since last Dec.

That bump is getting nastier and nastier as the months go by, can't be doing my suspension any good.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Its some dose going on the diversion especially when there is a slow driver ahead that thinks driving at 40kph is the thing to do in an 80 zone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Its some dose going on the diversion especially when there is a slow driver ahead that thinks driving at 40kph is the thing to do in an 80 zone.

Had that myself today.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

It usually takes me 25 mins to get from KK to Waterford and today it took 40mins the traffic on the detour is savage slow

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I would have to disagree with ya there,must the worst bit of carriage way in the country.massive water retention engineering disaster accidents waiting to happen.Lots of aqua plaining at moderate speeds and zero visibility in moderate rain.There is even different characteristic's in each lane in same direction.:mad:

KK4SAM wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with ya there,must the worst bit of carriage way in the country.massive water retention engineering disaster accidents waiting to happen.Lots of aqua plaining at moderate speeds and zero visibility in moderate rain.There is even different characteristic's in each lane in same direction.:mad:

The part of road northbound between jun11 and 10 was fine i didnt ever notice a problem with it i know up nearer Carlow it is really bad and they should be fixing that before they go near any other part of the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The stretch between Ballitore and Castledermot was always the worst I found in the wet. And there were several accidents this summer in the heavy rain up on that stretch.

The place where they done the works is worse than it was i wonder will they be back to smooth it out and if not they fu*cked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

mfitzy wrote: »
    The stretch between Ballitore and Castledermot was always the worst I found in the wet. And there were several accidents this summer in the heavy rain up on that stretch.

I'm up and down that road daily and never saw any problem with water or aqua-planing on that section. But I recall two occasions where there was a sudden torrential downpour akin to a cloudburst. In both incidents I wouldn't expect any road surface to cope.

One major incident months back when 5-6 vehicles spun out, collided or run off the road but that was due to a sudden and torrential dump of hail stones. About 50-75 mm of ice was dumped on the road.

On another occasion a similar torrential downpour of rain occurred near Kilcullen, you could barely see the end your bonnet. Don't know if there any collisions because I was right at the front and couldn't see behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I still uses the old road between Carlow and Kilkenny. Quicker most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Has that been downgraded to 80K yet ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

KK4SAM wrote: »
    Has that been downgraded to 80K yet ?

Not yet anyway, was running last week on it and the people were sure as hell doing 100km and pretty sure signs said 100km also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not yet anyway, was running last week on it and the people were sure as hell doing 100km and pretty sure signs said 100km also :)

Yeah, its still 100km/h, except for the last bit into Carlow before the Dolmen hotel but from Paulstown to Waterford has been reduced to 80km/h.

• Advertisement
Advertisement