Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No room at the inn!

Options
  • 10-09-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Any ideas why all Dublin hotels are full this week. From today till Friday....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Leonard Cohen ?

He is the reason I'm staying in one of them tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Big conference on at the convention centre plus the tourist season isn't completely finished yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Also most of the uni's are back next week so there's probably loads of people in hotels until their accommodation is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

Thanks for the replies :) Was just trying to book someone in and amazed at how full everywhere was. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Thanks for the replies :) Was just trying to book someone in and amazed at how full everywhere was. Cheers!

There seems to be a few things on over the next month some people at work we looking at booking rooms and there was limited availability. Try some of the smaller places or hotels.com and you should find some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There really should be more information provided to people visiting in reference to accomadation, in terms of specific events which may drive demand up, because it's easy to be booked and not know what is going on when you're going over and then be left in a tight situation, which I wouldn't wish on anyone, having to go through the same situation myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

There really should be more information provided to people visiting in reference to accomadation, in terms of specific events which may drive demand up, because it's easy to be booked and not know what is going on when you're going over and then be left in a tight situation, which I wouldn't wish on anyone, having to go through the same situation myself.

Well most people would book in advance, if you just arrive and try to find a hotel sure you will find something but you may have to pay a premium at some times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It's weird. I have a friend going to Ireland for the first time and so I was giving him the lowdown on Dublin. I checked around for a hotel for him and couldn't believe that everything was booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

It's weird. I have a friend going to Ireland for the first time and so I was giving him the lowdown on Dublin. I checked around for a hotel for him and couldn't believe that everything was booked.
    As mentioned earlier, its probably due to parents and family with new universty kids bringing them into the city. Maybe have a look in areas where there arent uni's. Failing that, a hostel. The one in smithfield is.supposed to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's some accommodation available in Trinity if you're stuck! https://accommodation.tcd.ie/KxHotel/SearchResults.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement