Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking To Buy A 1000cc upwards

• 10-09-2012 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hi all as above looking to buy 1000cc upwards have full licence since 2004 so not restricted and insured on anything which is a great start just looking for a few ideas.
    1)Interested in sports and tourers eg. Blacbird, Hyabusa, Yamaha fjr.
    2)Where would be a good place with a good name to look/buy
    3)Budget €3000 might push a bit more
    4)If not possible at this budget may leave for another while and get a bit more together.

Any suggestions would be great thanks ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

you'd get a hairybush for that price no hassles. Back a cupla years but sure thats grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you have the cash and can afford to wait then I'd recommend browsing donedeal everyday, you'll pick up something really nice for that kind of money there, eps. coming into the winter.

The trick to donedeal (I find) is waiting with the cash to bounce when the right bike comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Check out donedeal, there's a few blackbirds and busas up there for around your price range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Please tell me you have ridden bikes before and aren't some fella looking to get a litre bike for his first...

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Please tell me you have ridden bikes before and aren't some fella looking to get a litre bike for his first...

Full license 8 years and no restriction. Leave him off lol.
    I do agree with you though. Op sounds fairly enthusiastic about getting the biggest bike he can get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Op sounds fairly enthusiastic about getting the biggest bike he can get
    Bit of a difference between a busa and fjr though :-)
    Is the kawasaki gtr down in that price range yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Hi everyone thanks for the replies.

I have ridden a hell of a lot of bikes just haven't been able to put the money together one thing after another the usual:rolleyes:...

Have a Yamaha 250 FZR 1995 need fairings for been sitting in garage few years was a bike had for long time just now have some money together and want to get a big bike again.

Been on bikes since 17 but insurance was always hard to get even with the full licence now have no problem with that.

Thanks again for the ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Full license 8 years and no restriction. Leave him off lol.
    I do agree with you though. Op sounds fairly enthusiastic about getting the biggest bike he can get

Don't want the biggest just looking for sporty, comfortable, reliable always been putting off sure had the money 4 years ago lent a friend in trouble money and of course never got it back then car things then went renting a house and money just getting eaten up.

Don't worry not in my 40s 50s going back have been tipping around;)
    Still in me 20s
    6ft height

Don't want the biggest just looking for sporty, comfortable, reliable always been putting off sure had the money 4 years ago lent a friend in trouble money and of course never got it back then car things then went renting a house and money just getting eaten up.

Don't worry not in my 40s 50s going back have been tipping around;)
    Still in me 20s
    6ft height
    zx9r. Ok so its smaller than 1000cc but one of me mates used to have one. Fast, comfortable and sweet looking bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tell what is a lovely comfortable bike that's big but not out and out quick, is the Triumph Sprint GT (Luggage) or get the ST if ya dont want the lugguage. IMHO its a lovely looking bike aswell. You will have the best of both worlds.....

But a Blackbird is a quality machine.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tell what is a lovely comfortable bike that's big but not out and out quick, is the Triumph Sprint GT (Luggage) or get the ST if ya dont want the lugguage. IMHO its a lovely looking bike aswell. You will have the best of both worlds.....

But a Blackbird is a quality machine.
    excellent choices apart from blackbird. I love it but there's something about them that Personally I don't like. I dunno what it is.
    I know wonda didn't mention it in his post but just throwing it in there, the hairy bush is one of the most ugliest bikes ever. Hate them lol.
    What about, granted its not sporty but a verdero 1000, oh actually scrap that, a
    SV 1000. Sexy bike. Comfy as feck and sounds deadly even with standard cans imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

excellent choices apart from blackbird. I love it but there's something about them that Personally I don't like. I dunno what it is.
    I know wonda didn't mention it in his post but just throwing it in there, the hairy bush is one of the most ugliest bikes ever. Hate them lol.
    What about, granted its not sporty but a verdero 1000, oh actually scrap that, a
    SV 1000. Sexy bike. Comfy as feck and sounds deadly even with standard cans imo.

SV1000S fully faired would be my choice, takes luggage well too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

A little bit to break the back for me Brad, dont fancy spending the week touring around Europe "touching my toes" :p Each to there own.

But was out 2 weeks ago with a lad off here with one lovely bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Try a twin, triple and four of similar size before deciding which one you like.
    I'd say the litre triple is the perfect compromise between low end torque and high end power, but then again I'm biased because I own one :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I joked with a friend who owns a sprint st that the triple has all the down sides of a twin combined with the down sides of an il4 :-)
    But I own a twin :-)

The sv is a great suggestion.
    ninja900 wrote: »
    I'd say the litre triple is the perfect compromise between low end torque and high end power, but then again I'm biased because I own one :)

Advertisement