Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non EU paying for PLC

Options
  • 10-09-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

So I've recently done my Leaving and did horrendously, though that was to be expected since I've been out of school for over a year due to my country's military obligations and used the LC as a scapegoat to return to Ireland just to sit the LC (without much study prior xD ) and continue my studies if I can get into a full time course.

So I applied for a PLC and found out that it's a tid bit over 4 grand for the entire year, and they're expecting the full sum to be paid prior to gaining the letter of acceptance that's required in order for me to extend my visa. I asked the principal about installments and apparently it's not possible since it's a state owned school. So I'm kinda boned on that avenue since I've only got roughly 2 grand put aside for the initial registration and I don't want to put my parents under more pressure. In the same breath, I don't really feel like going back to continue my service.

Are there any other pathways to third level that I could take bar repeating the LC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you are under 23 then your options to get to college are usually LC or a PLC at Fetac level 5/6. In any public school or college you will be charged non-EU PLC fees. Did you check with SUSI about funding options?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Dannysaurus

Yeah. And according to it's list of eligibility, I don't really meet any of them bar being unemployed. I'm 19 :L
    I'm not really dependent on a parent within the state as both have left the country so they send over money for accomodation and stuff like that.

Advertisement