Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration

• 09-09-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

For anyone that's been through registration could ye give me an idea what is involved? I know what we have to bring and we will get our ID cards etc but from what I've read it starts at 9 and then a class party at 7. So does it go on for the whole day? and are all parts compulsory because honestly without sounding disinterested id rather go in, register and leave rather than hang around for the whole day doing tours etc (though i might stick around for free stuff :P)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056731556&page=26
    some stuff written about it there on the last page

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Can anyone tell me where is boole 4 within UCC :) ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

In the boole lecture theatres, right smack middle of the campus. its south of the main quad if you know that. Its a small building that just has stairs in it that lead down to the lecture theatres

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Thanks...Ya I kinda do is it the buliding behind the library ? ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

MartonD2 wrote: »
    Thanks...Ya I kinda do is it the buliding behind the library ? ha

It's the building to the far right of the library. Well by building its just two sets of doors at ground level as the lecture theatres are under ground. If i remember correctly boole 4 is the one at the very end, but they are all numbered anyway so you'll have no problem finding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 pandaeyes

As a mature student most of whats on that day was covered in our workshops.

I'm wondering if I can just go in and get my student card and leave again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

pandaeyes wrote: »
    As a mature student most of whats on that day was covered in our workshops.

I'm wondering if I can just go in and get my student card and leave again.

Registration starts at 11:45 I think, you should be grand to show up there and register if you don't want to do the tours and listen to the talks.

I would recommend to everyone that going for the full thing is worthwhile, purely to meet the people in your classes. You'll be with them for the next 4 4-5 years so best to start off getting to know them! Also you'll be shown exactly where to go for your first lecture, if you don't know the place well then that is quite useful.

That being said, if you just find a person in a red top that says peer support or uLink support or something, they'll help you find whatever you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Registration tip: Bring a flash lamp and make the person taking your ID photo shine it on your face so it won't look like you have massive bags under your eyes from the poor overhead lighting. I say it to them every year but they never listen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Registration tip: Bring a flash lamp and make the person taking your ID photo shine it on your face so it won't look like you have massive bags under your eyes from the poor overhead lighting. I say it to them every year but they never listen...

Haha yeah I look like a creep in mine cos my eyes are all dark and ominous looking from the terrible lighting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IntoTheAshtray

Does registration involve tedious "get to know your classmates" games? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Depends on who your peer support leaders are really and what games they think of. To be honest, theres usually a good reaction to at least one thing. Sometimes in joint hatred towards the peer support leaders who make them do awkward games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Guyfoo

Does registration involve tedious "get to know your classmates" games? :rolleyes:

This is the kind of thing I want to avoid....but im a miserable bastard :( Can't we get to know people the normal way, by pretending you need to borrow a pen, getting lost or bitching about lecturers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Guyfoo wrote: »

This is the kind of thing I want to avoid....but im a miserable bastard :( Can't we get to know people the normal way, by pretending you need to borrow a pen, getting lost or bitching about lecturers :cool:

Judging by the pictures going up on facebook it looks like a cringefest for some of us.

Advertisement