Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva to Westmoreland St?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone,

I'm going to the Lady Gaga concert in the Aviva on Saturday night and will later be taking a bus from Westmoreland Street. I'm not familiar with the area and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long walking distance would the Aviva be from Westmoreland? Any sort of directions would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Assuming the concert doesn't disrupt normal service you'd probably be better off getting a DART.

You can take it from Landsdowne Road, which is beside the stadium, to Tara Street Station, which is a few minutes walk to Westmoreland Street. According to the timetable the last northbound service is 23.54. No idea if that's far too early for a concert.

According to Google Maps it's a 36 minute walk.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's probably 25-30 min walk, one way would be up to northumberland road, then down it, along mount street and straight in along merrion square. Depends really on where exactly bus is from on which side of trinity you are on and also which side of stadium you are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Get the number 4 or 7 on O'Connell bridge get off at ballsbridge then 5 min walk down north direction

Just follow the croud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Take the 4 or 7 from O'Connell Bridge to Ballsbridge. Get off at the D4 hotel and follow the crowd to the stadium. Depending on the entrance, it's about a 5 minute walk from the bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

OP, I think the last two posters misunderstood you – those directions are for getting to the concert from town. I assume you mean how to get to Westmoreland St after the concert?

As said above, the Dart would be your best bet if it's running, but better check irishrail.ie beforehand in case of disruptions.
    Otherwise the 7 and a few other buses go from Northumberland Road into O'Connell St.
    There'll probably be plenty of people heading towards the city centre afterwards so even if you end up walking I'm sure you'll manage ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 AshlingM38

Tope wrote: »
    OP, I think the last two posters misunderstood you – those directions are for getting to the concert from town. I assume you mean how to get to Westmoreland St after the concert?

As said above, the Dart would be your best bet if it's running, but better check irishrail.ie beforehand in case of disruptions.
    Otherwise the 7 and a few other buses go from Northumberland Road into O'Connell St.
    There'll probably be plenty of people heading towards the city centre afterwards so even if you end up walking I'm sure you'll manage ok!

Yes you're right, I meant after the concert.

Btw thanks to you and everyone else who replied, I'll definitely try get on one of the buses. :)

Advertisement