Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent mechanic

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a decent mechanic to replace a steering column on a renault modus part sourced from the north...

Got a quote from the main dealers and lets just say I would rather drive with out power steering

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

I deal with Padraig Rickard in Robinstown and find him to be excellent and reasonably priced. 046-9023247

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

seems to be a wrong number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

That should work! It's the correct number.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Ken Reilly in skyrne is your man, does top work. Just had tow drive shafts replaced in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I second Ken Reilly. Also got the recommendation here. Really good guy to deal with.

Have never seen an independent mechanic with such a good setup.

Laser/credit cards. diagnostics. Garage is organised and clean.....and a good guy to do business with. Is very keen on prices and all his work is to a very high standard.

• Advertisement

I got through to the other guy .....Laser and credit cards mean vat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Vego wrote: »

All work means vat.

Sure does

Vego wrote: »

You can pay vat and still get value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Yes, Kenny Reilly is your man. You may have to wait though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I need directions to Ken Reilly's place in Skyrne, anyone help me? I am coming from Ratoath , in the dark! Help please

t'bear wrote: »
    I need directions to Ken Reilly's place in Skyrne, anyone help me? I am coming from Ratoath , in the dark! Help please

Head out the Skryne road. Go straight on through the crossroad at Swans and turn left for Hill of Skryne. Turn left at Fox's pub and follow the road around for a km or so. He's on the right hand side. There's a bit of car park/yard out the front - you'll know it when you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Just by coincidence, I contacted Ken Reilly this morning, first time to speak to him, about a problem I had with CV joint in Volkwagen Caddy.
    Fair play to him, he sorted me out, job done and dusted this afternoon, even though he was under pressure to get jobs finished before the Christmas break.

Would highly recommend based on this alone, but heard good things about him previously from another source in Dunshaughlin!

CUCINA wrote: »
    Just by coincidence, I contacted Ken Reilly this morning, first time to speak to him, about a problem I had with CV joint in Volkwagen Caddy.
    Fair play to him, he sorted me out, job done and dusted this afternoon, even though he was under pressure to get jobs finished before the Christmas break.

Would highly recommend based on this alone, but heard good things about him previously from another source in Dunshaughlin!

He's a good guy. Doesn't seem like a guy to leave you stuck. Seems to be very prompt at getting parts in too.

Been back to him 2 twice since my first visit - had to get shocks done on my own car and my wife goes there to get her car serviced now.

Looking for a mechanic to look over a car :D navan area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Walter Caldwell out in Wilkinstown that's where my dad goes

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Padraig Rickard was mentioned in the second post out in Robinstown. Totally recommend him. He's well qualified and thorough. Can't complain about his prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

niall monaghan in bohermeen does a lot of work for taxi's around the town and i've used him for the bigger jobs that I can't do and have being impressed with his work,

Advertisement