Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Most Difficult Album You've Ever Listened To?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

No one has mentioned Two Virgins by John Lennon / Yoko Ono.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rcaz wrote: »
    I won't argue... I'll just say try this...

Maybe not for everyone, but if you like hearing musicians ****ing going for it, you might find something you like in here.

Lordgoat, you're into Radiohead, stuff like the horns in The National Anthem don't do anything for you?

I do i love them surprisingly, it's mainly the erratic brass and drums that wreck my head. Weird as the trumpet is probably my favourite instrument but the sax (and bagpipes my least)

I don't mind Beefheart so much, i can listen and find some of his stuff enjoyable (but it mainly makes me laugh) Like the above track...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Probably something by the Mars Volta. Their music is very easy to admire but quite difficult to enjoy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

rcaz wrote: »
    I won't argue... I'll just say try this...

Maybe not for everyone, but if you like hearing musicians ****ing going for it, you might find something you like in here.

Lordgoat, you're into Radiohead, stuff like the horns in The National Anthem don't do anything for you?
    I myself really enjoy the horns in that song. Its still got that underlying groove and the randomness and weirdness is very appealing. The groove and improv concept is part of the reason I really like fusion jazz, whether its with funk or rock. There's also the real feedback approach in guitar music and prog nowadays I'm loving. Check out the live version of Hatesong by Porcupine Tree on youtube rcaz.

The second half is wonderful jamming, lots of great guitar tone and drums. I think as a radiohead fan you could enjoy this band , I can't get enough of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Anything by Terry Riley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma - The live side is amazing but the studio side is totally loopy, some would say self indulgent. Gilmours and Waters contributions is probably the best though with Waters Scottish gibberish along with a bunch of chipmunks and birds in Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement