Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Most Expensive Heating Oil Is In East Galway

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

County Galway, especially the eastern part, is the dearest place in Ireland to buy Heating Oil.

The National Consumer Agency's latest home heating oil survey found:
    "Overall, the national average price for the delivery of 1,000 litres of home heating oil was €964. The highest price recorded nationally for 1,000 litres of home heating oil was €995 in East Galway, while the cheapest quote received was in Dundalk, Co. Louth, at €910."
    Link: http://www.nca.ie/index.jsp?p=100&n=101&a=924

Seems to me the cartels are alive and well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oil companies can charge what they like. It just so happens that one company happens to charge the highest price in the country and is in E Galway.
    1000l from Texoil Ballinasloe/Gort is currently €955

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

snubbleste wrote: »
    Oil companies can charge what they like. It just so happens that one company happens to charge the highest price in the country and is in E Galway.
    1000l from Texoil Ballinasloe/Gort is currently €955

There's no difference in price between quotes in Tuam, probably the most expensive town in Ireland for motor fuel and home heating oil.
    Cartels don't operate to keep prices low, enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Tried to get a quote through BoilerJuice.ie today.

link: http://www.boilerjuice.ie/?src=1&utm_campaign=Email_2012_09_21_IE&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

"Unfortunately we are unable to obtain a quote in your area at present, but we are always in discussions with oil suppliers to expand our coverage and we'll contact you by email when these become available in your area."

Same result as last winter, no suppliers in Tuam area will participate in a group scheme.
    Tuam and its environs, the cartel capital of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I got quoted €470 for 500 litres from Corrib Oil.
    anyone know if I can get a better price than that? I want to order this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

dinneenp wrote: »
    I got quoted €470 for 500 litres from Corrib Oil.
    anyone know if I can get a better price than that? I want to order this evening.
    That's a pretty decent price but the price of oil is expected to drop slightly over next few weeks.
    Whether that will be passed on is another natter

• Advertisement
Advertisement