Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Image consultants... Any good?

• 10-09-2012 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

So, i am struggling with the wardrobe at the moment.

I basically haven't bought anything new except maternity wear since I got pregnant. Baby is now 1 1/2 years old, My old clothes fit fine, but things are getting worn faster with the wear and tear of the baby, and I am out of fashion.
    I don't have much time to shop or look up trends with work and a toddler. On-line, I have bought two or three things, and sent them back straight away because they didn't fit well. I am at the point now where I either give up caring and just wear black or beige for the rest of my days, or get some help.

What I need, is someone to look at my existing clothes and shoes, chuck out what is bad, and recommend some things to bring me up to date without being dressed like a teenager.

Will an image consultant do that? And if so, where do I find a good one? The only ones I can find online are Colour Me Beautiful. Does anyone have any experience with them or others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moons

I used the debenham's personal shoppers once for a bridesmaid dress, great, really good ideas. My friend had an appointment with the topshop shoppers; not so successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Have a look at San Faisean on facebook, I had a appt with her over a year ago & still love all the items we picked that day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks. The personal shopper service in one shop are probably not going to go through my existing wardrobe, and I would be stuck in one shop. Debenhams is a good idea though, loads of mini shops in there.

San Fhaisean looks like the business. Her website says she does wardrobe declutters as well as styling, both clothes and makeup. Fab!

Now, to get her to come down to Cork city! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Have a look at San Faisean on facebook, I had a appt with her over a year ago & still love all the items we picked that day!

Do you mind me asking how much she charged ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

It's in & around €100 depending on what's needed.
    But she's great at working with your budget, I got lots on H&m/penneys/next/zara. She really helped me get away from the mumsy look I had fallen in to.

• Advertisement

Her fee is €100 plus whatever clothes you buy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That's the shopping service on it's own I think. I emailed, a full day (wardrobe declutter plus shopping, plus travel expenses) is 250.

Plus the spending money for clothes. I'll start saving up. :)

pwurple wrote: »
    That's the shopping service on it's own I think. I emailed, a full day (wardrobe declutter plus shopping, plus travel expenses) is 250.

Plus the spending money for clothes. I'll start saving up. :)

Owch - it would be great but that's a bit steep

Advertisement