Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Its for €1400
    Computer Case : 1 x Sharkoon T28 Gaming Case - (Green)
    CPU : 1 x Intel i5 2550K - (4 x 3.4 GHZ) - Sandy bridge
    CPU Heatsink : 1 x Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 - Low Noise
    Memory : 1 x Corsair 16GB PC3-10666 1333 MHz (4x4GB)
    Graphics Card : 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2 GB - (PALIT) - (PCI-E)
    Motherboard : 1 x Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 (Intel Z68) - HDMI
    Sound Card : 1 x Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
    Networking : 1 x Wireless LAN 54Mbps (PCI)
    Power Supply : 1 x Cooler Master GX Lite 600W PSU - Low Noise
    Hard Drive #1 : 1 x 1 TB (1000 GB) SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 32MB
    Optical Drive #1 : 1 x Samsung 22x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black - (SATA)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Nice specs but why not upgrade to an Ivybridge processor? I have the 3570K and it is a BEAST. Lucky you can afford a 670, I got an AMD Radeon HD 7850 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nickyg09p

I was looking through a lot of reviews and they said the 2550 was almost identical to that one. As for the graphics card not sure if I can if anyone was of one that is fairly similar but is cheaper let me know is your card good for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

Yeah, its good bang for your buck. Think of it as the 560Ti only its an AMD card. Runs just fine on a 1080p monitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

its pretty awful value for money. and the 2550 is a stupid CPU. where are you getting this?

• Advertisement

Does the case have fans and mine comes with windows 7

Nickyg09p wrote: »
    Does the case have fans and mine comes with windows 7

Pretty sure it comes with one 200mm and one 120mm. Windows 7 doesn't cost near to €300. That gtx670 is a reference model meaning its loud as hell. Believe me I've got one.

Do you think a gtx 560 would be good enough for gaming and some programming

Nickyg09p wrote: »
    Do you think a gtx 560 would be good enough for gaming and some programming

Ye but its the last generation of GPU's. It'll run most games on medium with okish fps I imagine. What kind of programming? Pretty sure thats more cpu intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

im no expert but that does not seem good value at all, you want either i5 2500k or i5 3570k if for gaming, 8GB ram is enough for gaming preferably 1600 MHz, that graphics card only has 1 fan i think so would generally not be recommended, Z77 motherboards are out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 irishwolfman

I would go for gt660 and a an i7 due to higher L1,L2,L3 cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

As with your other thread and this one you havn't stated what the computer will be used for. That dictates what parts to use a lot..like you said earlier you wanted 16gb of ram for game development. Then you might benifit from an i7 using hyper threading for rendering ect.. (I'm not fully aware of the game development process just saying)
    Also what kind of budget do you have for it..

Advertisement