Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strandmill Estate, Portmarnock

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there, my sister is thinking of buying a house in this area, she has a young child and I was wondering what its like ? All advice/info welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

ariel05 wrote: »
    Hi there, my sister is thinking of buying a house in this area, she has a young child and I was wondering what its like ? All advice/info welcome.

Thanks

It's the roughest estate in Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ariel05

Hi, thanks for your post. Can you elaborate or give some examples from recently of how its "rough"? When you say rough, do you mean the people? Do you mean there are robberies or a lot of crime or druggies there? Just looking for what exactly you mean..?

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Portmarnock is a pretty quiet and sedate place. What's deemed "rough" in Portmarnock wouldn't be blinked at in some other places. Have a look at it on Google street view. It's not the nicest estate in Portmarnock, but I wouldn't be worrying about serious antisocial behaviour.

Then again, I don't live in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

ariel05 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for your post. Can you elaborate or give some examples from recently of how its "rough"? When you say rough, do you mean the people? Do you mean there are robberies or a lot of crime or druggies there? Just looking for what exactly you mean..?

Thanks a lot.

What Grolschevik says is pretty much spot on. I'm not aware of any significant recent issues. If your sister can stretch her budget a bit there are much nicer estates north of Portmarnock village.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

Strandmill is an old corporation estate. It was once rough back in the 80's/90's, but all that generation have grown up now and moved on and it would be their parents living there now i.e in their 50's/60's
    It has a reputation of been rough crowd of people.
    I'm very familiar with Strandmill and grew up near there.
    I know alot of nice people from there too, as they say there is good and bad everywhere.
    Your sister should go for it, places like that you just keep to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 CS1

Advertisement