Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey,
    I want to do computer game development as a future career and I was wondering if any of you know what specs would I need in a computer to be able to develop the games as well as play some of the demanding games and if you can recommend a build I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

This forum is probably a better place to ask that question..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Look at some of the gaming builds, that will do for playing games. In regard to development your just going to need to start out programming and a powerful machine is not exactly necessary when starting out :)

If your just thinking about getting into level design and stuff you can take a look at the Unread Development kit for something to play around with.. Its free and will run on a relatively average machine.

Advertisement