Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could heal people would you?

• 10-09-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

There during the fine spell (thank God for the good weather) I was tip toeing past and elderly blind man with a cane as not to startle him and I thought if I like Jesus could heal the poor sod would I?
    This led me thinking further and wondering if by some chance I could heal people of whatever illnessess they had would I and would I charge(and what would I charge) for said healings?
    I'd probably start doing it for free Gods workman like , but I am sure as time went by and crowds grew and grew the demands greater and greater a small donation would suffice.
    But aside greed I would happily cure people of their illness as long as they deserved it.
    Would you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Only if i get paid in cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'd do it, but it would have nothing to do with god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes, and whether they deserve it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Currently, I couldnt cure a rasher.

If I had the power to cure, hmmmm not sure, doesnt that feck with natural selection in some cases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yes, unless youve fcuked me over/been a cnut to me for no reason then tbh id at least think twice about it/pending on the scenario etc, but other than that why wouldnt you really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

John Coffey so. I would accept massive gifts of money from wealthier people and probably spread it around for everyone else before going into hiding and living the secret high life before I get torn limb from limb by a raging mob of sick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I went to a healer once, 7th son of a 7th son and it worked. Had been with doctors, on different types of medications/steroids etc. I was skeptical at first but what he did for me no medication could have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Yes, but I'd take bookings well in advance and have strict limitations on the hours involved. Wouldn't want to burn out too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

For tax reasons I would do it for free but people would be free to donate before they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I always thought of God as a bit of a show off tbh as he caused the injury/illness that caused the person to be deformed or blind in the first place.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

yeh but id make it really painfull. just to be a cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Nozebleed wrote: »
    yeh but id make it really painfull. just to be a cúnt.

He does that anyway!! If God spent more time being nice than he did being a b@stard the world would be a lovely place.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Heal the world....make it a better place....for you and for me....etc. etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Yes definitely, and I wouldnt accept payment, I think seeing someone happy would be enough payment:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Only people I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Only if they agree not to pay the household charge / impending property tax

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nuts!

eth0 wrote: »
    Only if they agree not to pay the household charge / impending property tax

LOL. Nice one!

Seriously though...Who would not heal others given the ability to do so??
    Nothing feels better than helping people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I do heal people. Bollocko isn't the only doctor around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yes definitely, and I wouldnt accept payment, I think seeing someone happy would be enough payment:D

How would you pay for food ?

By the same means you used before realising you had the power to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yes I would, Its sad to see people with injuries or disabilities so to be able to help them would be great. If you could heal people sure you would be looked after anyway so there would be no need to be greedy about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

There during the fine spell (thank God for the good weather) I was tip toeing past and elderly blind man with a cane as not to startle him

That's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I absolutely would and money wouldn't come into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

No. You can't just go around playing God. Some things are not supposed to be messed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I would too, absolutely. Imagine though the overwhelmingly exhausting job it would be. People around the world would be queuing up at your door. You wouldn't be able to turn folk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Zab wrote: »
    That's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

you havn't been following the Rory McIlroy thread:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Who wouldn't in fairness? You'd have to be a right dick not to.

Augmerson wrote: »
    No. You can't just go around playing God. Some things are not supposed to be messed with.

Just for divilment, I'll challenge your notion of God :)

Does your definition of God decree that helping people is wrong unless you are divine?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

Augmerson wrote: »

Well, if you suddenly got the power to heal, where do you suppose that power came from? Given that you believe clearly believe in God.

Anyway, if I could heal I would, I'd be flat out healing. I'd do it secretly and try and figure out how I was doing it so I could pass it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Larianne wrote: »
    Who wouldn't in fairness? You'd have to be a right dick not to.

Ohh man, now I'm after picturing an image of a 5ft10" dick! :(

I was thinking of posting "Would I have to touch them with my divining rod?" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Lots of bollox being talked here, almost everyone I know has the capacity to save up money by only buying what they really need, they could use this saved money to save lives in third world countries yet almost everyone chooses to spend their cash on luxury items for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Yes, but only ladies. "I can cure all your ailments but I do it via your breast chakra, now lob em out there love"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I have 2 friends who are healers, and neither of them accept money in return for their work. Both are really good, one friend has the gift for healing burns, the other specializes in backs

the same way i always have?!

Yes, but only ladies. "I can cure all your ailments but I do it via your breast chakra, now lob em out there love"

Perhaps you'll think differently once you pass puberty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

blacklilly wrote: »
    I went to a healer once, 7th son of a 7th son and it worked. Had been with doctors, on different types of medications/steroids etc. I was skeptical at first but what he did for me no medication could have done.
    Lobotomy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

the same way i always have?!

What would you do for money ? If you can really cure people they are going to cue outside your door day and night. And you won't be able to keep your job. But you said you wouldn't take money. So where will the money for you food come from ? And electricity ? And heat ?

What would you do for money ? If you can really cure people they are going to cue outside your door day and night. And you won't be able to keep your job. But you said you wouldn't take money. So where will the money for you food come from ? And electricity ? And heat ?

I would ask them to respect my working hours ?!, I would demand actually. I would never want to gain profit from something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Nuts! wrote: »
    Perhaps you'll think differently once you pass puberty.

I'm 57! (Never to old for boobies).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yes I would heal other and charge too.

€10 for an in growing toenail.
    €50 for a sprain.
    €100 for a broken bone.
    €500 for heart disease.
    €1000 for brain tumor.
    €10000 for blindness.
    €100000 for quadriplegia.
    €1000000 for fatal injuries.

• Advertisement

I'm 57! (Never to old for boobies).

But are the boobies ever too old for you??

Seriously though, there's a lot of banter here which is fair enough...but:

If you had the ability to heal someone and they couldnt afford to pay you, would you really say no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Charge €1 for most cases, €2 for really serious things.
    It seems like a petty token, would be basically nothing to people you're curing, but it would probably take in at least a few hundred a day. This could support your home life and an office / working area to do the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

benwavner wrote: »
    If I had the power to cure, hmmmm not sure, doesnt that feck with natural selection in some cases?

Doesn't modern medicine do that anyway? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

I know a woman who does healing in return for simple gestures - maybe half a dozen eggs or very small things like that.

I think that is the true nature of healing - not for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

If you could heal people, would you?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

girl2 wrote: »
    I know a woman who does healing in return for simple gestures - maybe half a dozen eggs or very small things like that.

I think that is the true nature of healing - not for money.

You should see what she does for a bit of roast chicken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

According to old wives tales I heard growing up, Healers should never charge. Donating some food or bartering is ok.

And as someone already said
    Red21 wrote: »
    Lots of bollox being talked here, almost everyone I know has the capacity to save up money by only buying what they really need, they could use this saved money to save lives in third world countries yet almost everyone chooses to spend their cash on luxury items for themselves.

+1

Advertisement