Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random gift of free beer

• 10-09-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

I was away for the weekend with the bird, only arrived back to my apartment at around 7pm this evening to find a box of 15 bottles of Heineken outside my door. There are only 8 apartments in our building only one other on my floor which is empty as far as I know. Not sure who or why anyone dropped a box of beer at my door, no note, no nothing. After hours, you guys got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Drink it or don't. But drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yeah, dont drink it, unless you love the taste of Rohipnol and like the feeling of a swollen anus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

benwavner wrote: »
    Yeah, dont drink it, unless you love the taste of Rohipnol and like the feeling of a swollen anus.

I checked the bottles and they are not recapped as far as I can tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah - and a bottle capper is impossible to buy these days. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Call over to me OP

I'll test all 15 bottles for ya, no charge

• Advertisement

Ah you will be grand, get em into ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Skittle brew time methinks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I'll test them for ya!

Your story reminds me of the time I found a few cans of budweiser on my doorstep one morning with no explanation. Never found out where they came from. I drank them and they were perfectly fine, except for the fact that they tasted like budweiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Be careful OP, your story reminds me of this: http://alisonoriordan.com/snow-left-at-doors-to-entice-a-new-breed-of-addicts/

You have been warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Drink them, can't you hear them screaming to you?

• Advertisement

Be careful OP, your story reminds me of this: http://alisonoriordan.com/snow-left-at-doors-to-entice-a-new-breed-of-addicts/

You have been warned!

Whats this now, the new "Rick Roll" fad is back????

Feckin Alison O Riordan, fool me once oppenheimer1..........fool me once :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Do bottles of beer come in 15-packs?

Alter-Ego wrote: »

Only "gay gift" ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Friend of mine got a gift of a bottle of whiskey at work one Christmas. Visited several pubs on the way home and being in a slightly forgetful state left the bottle sitting at the door when he was searching for his keys to get in. The bottle was gone the next morning. A few days later he met the milkman who thanked him profusely for leaving such a generous gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Filled with piss i reckon.

Better taste one just to be sure.

Alter-Ego wrote: »

I guess it was left overs from a 24 pack or something as they where in a wine or spirit box. I thought maybe the floor below me had a party or something and threw them up for the mouse but I have expected a letter. As I said I wasn't here at the weekend so my theory may be wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Put them on a wall and make up some sort of song as they accidentally fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember watching a crime documentary about a case years ago in America involving Thallium poisoning. The perpetrator had adminstered the poison into coca cola bottles and left the box on the victims doorstep which he and his family duly consumed.

Not to frighten you or anything but hearing crazy sh1t like that would put me off chancing it..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You have been warned!

"Independant Freelance Journalist" - Unemployed Blogger...

Drink it OP. I'd say someone in the building had a party and that's an "apology"

I remember watching a crime documentary about a case years ago in America involving Thallium poisoning. The perpetrator had adminstered the poison into coca cola bottles and left the box on the victims doorstep which he and his family duly consumed.

Not to frighten you or anything but hearing crazy sh1t like that would put me off chancing it..:pac:

That would worry if my door was on the street but my building is fairly secure so culprits would be caught via CCTV or whoever let them in etc. once Thallium doesn't ruin the taste I won't be too worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

15 bottles of Heineken
    ruin the taste
    :confused:
    You're talking about Heineken right? Taste ...

I don't usually bring my pets on holiday I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I'd say the neigbours probably had a party or a bit of a domestic and this is there way of appologising for the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Is there a logical answer which doesn't contain the words "drink it"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I don't usually get 15 bottles of free drink, but if I did.......... i'd drink them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The top of each bottle may have been rubbed around an anus therefore rendering the beer bad tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Don't look a giftbeer in the horse!

Drank them last night and ended up locked in Coppers. Lived to tell the tale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I saw that too!!!!!! Mad sh*t altogether.

Id still drink the beer though! Id love a beer right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

That was the "phantom" - his MO is to drop off a load of beer at his chosen victims door. Then he returns when you are asleep and harvests your organs, rapes your bird and steals your TV. Heineken don't do nutters, but if they did.... might not be heineken, but all the rest is probably factual.....possibly...

Advertisement