Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookshops in Dublin 15 ?

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Easons won't be getting a book I am after, and need this asap for a present, so online isn't an option.

Looking for a bookshop selling -

'I am the Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game'

Any other bookshops around ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Easons won't be getting a book I am after, and need this asap for a present, so online isn't an option.

Not D15 I know but Waterstones on Dawson Street definitely have it. I was having a flick through it there last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Did you try the other bookshop in the centre? On the ground floor near the camera shop...or is that where build a bear is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Not D15 I know but Waterstones on Dawson Street definitely have it. I was having a flick through it there last week

Waterstones on Dawson Street doesn't exist anymore; are you thinking of Hodges & Figgis, also on Dawson Street?
    athtrasna wrote: »
    Did you try the other bookshop in the centre? On the ground floor near the camera shop...or is that where build a bear is now?

Books Unlimited? Is now a florist/newsagents.

Dublin 15 is really, really poorly served for bookshops. If you can, try get into the aforementioned Hodges & Figgis on Dawson Street, Chapters on Parnell Street, or even Reads on Nassau Street; would the big Eason on O'Connell Street have it? I know you said Eason didn't have it, but is that the Blanchardstown branch rather than across the entire company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gutenberg wrote: »

Waterstones on Dawson Street doesn't exist anymore; are you thinking of Hodges & Figgis, also on Dawson Street?

Yeah, that's the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Thanks for all the replies dudes, town it is !All of Eason's won't be stocking it for some reason, not available on their website and when I went into the shop asking why they wouldn't be stocking it they just said they don't carry the publisher (Gaurdian Books)Eason's is the only book shop in Dublin 15 alright, would really miss the big shop over in the retail park ! can't remember the name now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

theres a book shop in roselawn shopping centre (tescos)

Small but worth contacting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

theres a book shop in roselawn shopping centre (tescos)

Small but worth contacting

After a quick look on google got a couple of numbers but none seem to work, would you have a no by any chance ?

googled it too

Its 822 7647

The shop is called the book haven, and is in the middle of rebranding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thanks for all the replies dudes, town it is !All of Eason's won't be stocking it for some reason, not available on their website and when I went into the shop asking why they wouldn't be stocking it they just said they don't carry the publisher (Gaurdian Books)Eason's is the only book shop in Dublin 15 alright, would really miss the big shop over in the retail park ! can't remember the name now !

Borders was the name. I was over the moon when that first opened. Was raging when they pulled out of Ireland :mad:. OP - maybe try phoning a few bookshops in Navan which is only 25 minutes drive on the motorway if you have a car.

Yes, D15 is poorly served. Sadly, I think bookstores in general will go the way of music stores now that ebooks/kindles are mainstream. You can't beat the unrushed browsing relaxed atmosphere in a good bricks and mortar bookstore. Somehow Easons is always too hectic to have that atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Borders! It's after taking me ages to remember that. Such a shame at the lack of bookshops alright, the Easons in Blanchardstown is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is there still one in the village? Near abrakebabra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

amdublin wrote: »
    Is there still one in the village? Near abrakebabra?
    That was a school bookshop think its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

January wrote: »
    That was a school bookshop think its gone

There's still the school book shop there next to the VdeP shop, its small almost like a kiosk out front, but they sorted us for a particular school book we were struggling to get elsewhere just two weeks ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah that's good to hear, we used to get our books there when we were in school :) It looked closed up the last few times I passed it by.

Advertisement