Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking Photoshop Requests For Free

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    Will do photoshop requests for free to help you and help me improve my skills (I'm pretty good though), I can do the following:
    • Restoration
    • Colorization
    • Editing
    • Retouching
    • Photo Manipulation
    • Background Replacement / Removal
    • Photo Enhancement
    • Cropping and Resizing
    • Photo Cleanup
    • Brighten, Lighten, Darken, Sharpen
    • Remove unwanted objects
    Im doing this in my free time so please be patient, simply reply to this post and I can improve any image.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

Do a before and after for us and show us what you can do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishwolfman

This is a lens correction from my trip to oxford.
    a7c30a2a.jpg

can't say i can tell the difference

it is proportional now but i dont see why i need to prove myself to you, im offering free help.

it is proportional now but i dont see why i need to prove myself to you, im offering free help.

True, but if you want people to take you up on the offer ya might consider explainin what you have done, or show a sample that identifies a clearer difference. But im no expert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

I can't see the difference either apart from centring and stretching the image proportionally.

What's your final goal and what else will you offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

take him to SCC and get your money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

220491.jpg

Got bored heres my attempt at this, as ya can see theres more that needs to be done to that photo rather than just proportions, even I haven't had time to go into everything that needs a fix on this image.

Guide for what i did

levels,
    soft light layer, darkened building, brighter grass, darkened path.
    selected building moved to its own layer, resized it.
    did another levels.
    another soft light layer with a dark brush on the sky, didn't make much difference.
    Ran a white brush across the building as a "light effect" to cover up that big white smudge
    saved it and uploaded, quick ten mins work on er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

This attitude will get you no where by the way.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Jeasus leave the lad alone he's being helpful, not many people do this and many charge a fair bit of money for what he's offering.

Wolfman I can see the difference, but I'm not skilled enough in photoshop to know how difficult that was. I quite like a bit of lens distortion sometimes.

Any other examples of more mainstram normal ps stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

irishwolfman, while it's always great to see someone being helpful, what you've shown is a pretty trivial correction. Requests from general posters looking for help with an image come up form time to time, keep a look out for them.

I would ask everyone else to be civil.

Ran a white brush across the building as a "light effect" to cover up that big white smudge

I think that white smudge is water on the camera lens but the white brush effect across the middle of the image looks weird now. That's my opinion.

Lot of sensitive types in this forum recently isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

There is a clear difference, one blatantly shows wide angle lens distortion, one doesnt.

But I would agree this isnt a huge display of highly skilled photoshopping. Theres a simple tool in PS that will do this in seconds. Im sure you're capable of a lot more so perhaps post up a different example. And by the way, fair play for offering your time and services for free. I do a lot of similar work and very rarely work for free so you're a better man then me ;)

Splinters wrote: »
    I do a lot of similar work and very rarely work for free so you're a better man then me ;)

How is he a better man?

Are you saying that all those people who pay for Photoshop work or services are getting conned / not getting value for money?

FlashD wrote: »
    Are you saying that all those people who pay for Photoshop work or services are getting conned / not getting value for money?

How on earth did you derive that from what I said?

I would have thought it was quite clear it was meant in a "fair play to you, but I wouldnt do it myself" type way.

I would have thought it was quite clear it was meant in a "fair play to you, but I wouldnt do it myself" type way.

You should have put that down so, what do you think people are ...mindreaders?

The creative industry isn't a charity, people coming on the internet offering shabby services for free devalues the skills and hard work that professionals have spent hours acquiring.

I find it surprising that you as a professional are on here defending this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ultimate Warrior

Can you make Flyers using Photoshop and would you be interested in making some (also adding in a photos to said flyer)

FlashD wrote: »
    You should have put that down so, what do you think people are ...mindreaders?

And by the way, fair play for offering your time and services for free. I do a lot of similar work and very rarely work for free so you're a better man then me ;)

I did ;)

The lad is offering out his services for free as a way of getting a start. Being realistic, offering out a few freebies on a forum wont bring the industry to his knees. Im certainly not feeling threatened by it so I dont see any harm in encouraging the guy. If you do, thats your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Best of luck Irishwolfman and hope you get some work. Ignore the begrudgers and do your thing :D

Can you make Flyers using Photoshop and would you be interested in making some (also adding in a photos to said flyer)

Yes, please post your desired details and specifications.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

MOD NOTE
    Guys, this thread is starting to skirt the line with regard to the 'Services' sticky.

I have no problem with someone looking for a treatment on a single image or a quick fix here. If you're looking something more, as in the case of Ultimate Warrior, please use the sticky and conduct any discussion after that via PM.

maringo wrote: »
    Best of luck Irishwolfman and hope you get some work. Ignore the begrudgers and do your thing :D

You go girl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ultimate Warrior

Sorry don'y really know how to use this but i'll PM him now

Advertisement