Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UPC Cisco epc2425 not working

• 10-09-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Bought a new cisco epc2425 to replace my old scientific atlantic modem and netgear router, swapped the cables over and fired her up assuming the default settings were ok. I can connect to the adapter but i cannot gain access to the internet, i get the following error from the adapter "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding" when i run the troubleshooting diagnostics.

anyone any ideas??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

just to add, this is a upc modem so i dont think it would have to be provisioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The adapter is your LAN card, not the modem/router.

ED E wrote: »
    The adapter is your LAN card, not the modem/router.

oops sorry, i meant i can connect to the wifi network but can't get online nor does my phone work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You bought a 2425, from UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

First of all, if your modem was broken, you should have called UPC who would have replaced it for free, because it is owned by them, not by you. Second, if you have bought a UPC modem then you have bought stolen goods, as UPC modems are UPC property and whoever sold it to you basically stole it. Third, you can not just connect a modem and think it will just work, it has to be provisioned on the headend, the provisioning is based on the modem's MAC address.

• Advertisement

blaz wrote: »
    First of all, if your modem was broken, you should have called UPC who would have replaced it for free, because it is owned by them, not by you. Second, if you have bought a UPC modem then you have bought stolen goods, as UPC modems are UPC property and whoever sold it to you basically stole it. Third, you can not just connect a modem and think it will just work, it has to be provisioned on the headend, the provisioning is based on the modem's MAC address.

^ This.

Call UPC and do it right.

^ This.

Yeah il do that, i got it off a cousin, i tried to get a new modem off upc before and they tried to charge me for it.

^ This.

Rang up earlier and they wouldnt provision it. b******s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

phishcakes wrote: »
    Yeah il do that, i got it off a cousin, i tried to get a new modem off upc before and they tried to charge me for it.

No you didn't, you bought it from me, here :pac:

If there's no way to work around it and UPC won't set it up I'll refund you no problem

You have to pay UPC the installation fee and they'll post you a provisioned one. No two ways about it. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

maximoose wrote: »
    No you didn't, you bought it from me, here :pac:

If there's no way to work around it and UPC won't set it up I'll refund you no problem

Why did you try to sell something that you do not own on Adverts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

blaz wrote: »
    Why did you try to sell something that you do not own on Adverts?

Ah give over

I've had it a year since they gave me a new one, have had four UPC technicians in my house since who have refused to take it saying "it's no interest to me boss, do what you like with it", made three phone calls to them asking them to take it and plenty of empty promises of a courier calling for it. They don't want it, I don't want it. I'm refunding phishcakes and told him to do whatever he wants with it.

Advertisement