Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking my elective...

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

...Is a 'mare!

Three electives show up no matter what search I do and they're all uninteresting and also conflict with my schedule.

I'm studying arts and don't even know what electives WERE available. I really don't know what to do... I want to do something in finance. Would it be worth popping over to the business school and seeing if they can sort something? Again, I don't even know if there were finance electives avilable at the start!

At a loss... :/ Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Are you selecting the ALL function when you do your search, or is it selected to In Program. That could be your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Maldesu wrote: »
    Are you selecting the ALL function when you do your search, or is it selected to In Program. That could be your problem

Yea Ive been searching all. Is there another search setting I might have made a mistake with? I cant see anything obvious :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Whatever you do, dont do principles of finance

Whatever you do, dont do principles of finance

Sounds like my sort of thing :P

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

fkt wrote: »
    ...Is a 'mare!

Three electives show up no matter what search I do and they're all uninteresting and also conflict with my schedule.

I'm studying arts and don't even know what electives WERE available. I really don't know what to do... I want to do something in finance. Would it be worth popping over to the business school and seeing if they can sort something? Again, I don't even know if there were finance electives avilable at the start!

At a loss... :/ Any advice appreciated!
    there's always loads ,of spaces in languages and film modules if they take your fancy. I found an easy one last year in the school of nursing called social history of Irish healthcare.

Better to just search by time if there's schedule conflicts and see if there's anything there. As said above, be sure you're searching all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Maybe try searching by module code if you have it.

Riiiiiiight well I've got the thing to search properly anyway!

Now I wanna do some Chinese... But, it tells me there are 20 avilable in both the semester 1 and 2 modules. However, when I try to register for semester 1 modules, all the spaces are 'full'. There is space on the semester 2 modules... But none for the first.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Why?

Bloody awful subject. Taught really badly. Gives you no understanding of the subject at all. Do a few searches on the subject in this forum and you'll see the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Why?

Bloody awful subject. Taught really badly. Gives you no understanding of the subject at all. Do a few searches on the subject in this forum and you'll see the reviews.

+1 to this.

Possibly the worst module I've ever taken.

If you want to take a finance module, look at advanced corporate finance.

It sounds hard, but I think they know they have to re-teach everything that you should have done in principles of corporate finance.

Advertisement