Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty course, piercings and Retainers

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    So I have started a beauty therapy course and I have to take out my piercings. Is it possible to get conch, diath and nape retainers?
    I presume lip, nose and tongue are available!
    Also, I have taken all out except my diath because its impossible to remove but im worried my nape will close, on average how long do I have before it does?Or is there any particular way in getting my bar back in??
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

The nape will take a good while to 'heal' completely BUT when there is a hole in your body it does try to fill that hole as soon as it can. As soon as you take the bar out of your nape your body will start filling in the hole. It won't technically heal quickly but putting a surface barbell in and out everyday is not possible as you will irritate the piercing very badly which will probably lead to migration/rejection. Your best bet really would be to retire the piercing if you can't have the bar in while you're in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Well I had planned to put in retainers, but they will be out 4/5 days before I can get retainers put in..so I suppose i'm just wondering is it too long?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

The retainers should work just fine for all the other piercings but you might find it very difficult to find one to fit the nape piercing.

Advertisement