Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e51 'Insert sim card' error

Options
  • 11-09-2012 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

I inherited this phone earlier this year and found it a bit buggy. Today I got the 'Insert sim card' error, and thinking the sim card might have got loose I opened the phone and reinserted it. Now the phone won't turn on at all. When I plug in the charger, the screen is white but still won't turn on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A white screen like that is often damage to the ribbon from the LCD to the board. Cheap enough fix. Odd that they both appear together.

Did you inherit it after it was dropped, giving trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

It may have been dropped, alright, I have no specific memory but I do have that impression.

I brought it to a Nokia Care centre today, they started it up again so it seems ok for the moment, they said it shouldn't be expensive to fix if it happens again, as you said.

Thanks.

Advertisement