Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place in Portlaoise to have my dog groomed?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm new to town and I want to go to a good groomers in Portlaoise. I have a Shih tzu, Mandy that needs a hair cut! Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi, I think we tried all of them in town but the best we found was in Mountmellick,she does a great job with them,if you have a way of getting there. We've a little Westie :)Can get the number for you later if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

http://www.google.ie/search?q=dogs+delight+mountmellick&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Dogs delight in Mountmellick. Very very good with dogs but in my experience not so great with people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rachel101

Thanks for your replies. But I need Portlaoise town as I don't drive and my husband works long hours. Someone else might have an idea? I might walk around over the weekend and check around the town :)

Ok well Alfies Pooch Parlour just off off main street is quite good also.Lady who runs it is very friendly so might be worth just popping in and having a chat with her see how you feel about the place. Good luck anyway :)

Thanks for that, I'll drop into her over the weekend to make an appointment!:)

• Advertisement

No worries,let us know how you get on :)

I dropped Mandy in for her groom yesterday with Clare. She is such a nice woman, Mandy took to her instantly!

The best groom she's ever had, she really looked great :) and the price was very reasonable!

Mandy is part of our family and I am fussy with whom I leave her with.

Ah brilliant!! Delighted she got on well, Clare is a lovely person,very welcoming,she does a great job. Our little pooch,we call her the baby of the house,totally part of the family so understand how you feel :)

Advertisement