Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Allen Hotel Ramada Review

Options
  • 11-09-2012 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Unanswered letter sent to the hotel manager. This is worrying taking into consideration all the work that is going on in preparation to The Gathering 2013

Dear Antoinette,

We are a party of four that stayed in the Lough Allen Hotel between 3 Sep and 5 Sep 2012.

Unfortunately, we encountered some issues this time, which negatively affected our holiday and contrasted with very enjoyable experiences we had in the same hotel in previous years.

All of them were raised at the reception desk at the time and I was advised they would be brought to your attention. But given that as at today I have receipt no acknowledgment of this being the case, I decided to contact you directly.

I will limit the list to 3 issues:

1. Wifi access in the room - We purchased a family room with complimentary wifi access, as stated on the website. On arrival I enquired at reception about it and I was told that wifi access was only available in public areas and not in rooms.

Wifi access in the room would have either influenced my decision or at least I could have made alternative arrangements to get online.

Further to this, stating on your website that you offer a specific service we you clearly don't is misleading and false advertisement. This was raised with Bernie, at the reception desk.

2. Condition of the room - the room looked as if it had not been hoovered for months. It had a lot of webs at the corners behind the beds and dirty sweets and maltesers!! under the beds (yes, those rounded chocolates) all covered by dust. A member of your staff (Conor) very kindly came to hoover the room at 9.30pm on Monday and can tell you more about it.

3. The room itself - our previous stay was in a lovely room, very big, with a very nice bathroom and a king size bed. This time I was sold a family room (described to me by David as a bigger room for 4) and it turned out to be smaller and with no bath (just a shower).

On a more positive note, your staff continues being very caring and the bar and quality of the food and service in the bar is as good as before.

I wanted bring these items to your attention before taking next steps.

Kindest Regards,

Advertisement