Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallace is keeping his €41k payment.. for research !

• 11-09-2012 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

http://www.thejournal.ie/mick-wallace-leaders-allowance-dail-591354-Sep2012/

The feckin cheek of this fella... Whet the hell would this guy spend this on..

“The money is not for my personal use but will be used mostly for research into different issues that concern the people of Ireland. If I don’t claim it, when all the others do, I am at a disadvantage”

I'd say the folks that voted for him in Wexford are proud now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bbam wrote: »
    Whet the hell would this guy spend this on..

His hair.

Anyone else seen what that lad drives? 41k is running costs for that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I don't mind him taking it as he is entitled to it. If he could stop with the spoofing though it'd be nice. "Research" & the giving up half his Dail salary to pay back debts.... All that rubbish.

If he came out and said "I'm taking it because I'm entitled to it" I would have a bit more respect for the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

squod wrote: »
    His hair.

Because he's worth it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Typical response, didnt take him long to adopt the mentality of a TD, sure everybody else is claiming it and i want my piece of the pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

What's he researching? How many expensive dinners it will take in One Pico it will take to get into Claire Daily's panties?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Will be be able to afford a razor now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Td's expenses are out of control.I say they don't pay for anything out of their own salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If he came out and said "I'm taking it because I'm entitled to it" I would have a bit more respect for the guy.

Nothing that scruffy crook would make me have respect for him. I have utter contempt for him, he deserves nothing but the worst.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't mind him taking it as he is entitled to it. If he could stop with the spoofing though it'd be nice. "Research" & the giving up half his Dail salary to pay back debts.... All that rubbish.

"Entitled" is probably not the word I'd use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

conorhal wrote: »
    What's he researching? How many expensive dinners it will take in One Pico it will take to get into Claire Daily's panties?

Research area: "How to help screw the system!"

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    Td's expenses are out of control.I say they don't pay for anything out of their own salary.

I would actually do this:

Pay then a decent salary and pension etc. Whole package worth about €100K then give them an expenses allowance. If they can't get the job done within the allowance then that would be a good reason not to vote fro them next time. All these payments etc when they leave or what not should be stopped. If you were in for 5 years you get 5 years worth of a pension thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ewwww...

*shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I would actually do this:

Pay then a decent salary and pension etc. Whole package worth about €100K then give them an expenses allowance. If they can't get the job done within the allowance then that would be a good reason not to vote fro them next time. All these payments etc when they leave or what not should be stopped. If you were in for 5 years you get 5 years worth of a pension thats it.

If they have a package worh €100k they do not need an expenses allowance, if you ask me they should be paid about €40k a year and then have an expense account that is strictly monitored and audited regularly. These lads dont have any personal costs as everything they get is claimed on expenses so therefore do not need a huge salary. They get paid more than POTUS ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Aye. Frank "brick to the head" honesty is badly needed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

panda100 wrote: »

I would say they don't, remember one TD was named and shamed a few years ago because he claimed for a packet of mints, he said it was because he didnt want to meet people with smelly breath.

donalg1 wrote: »
    If they have a package worh €100k they do not need an expenses allowance, if you ask me they should be paid about €40k a year and then have an expense account that is strictly monitored and audited regularly. These lads dont have any personal costs as everything they get is claimed on expenses so therefore do not need a huge salary. They get paid more than POTUS ffs.

40K puts them in assistant manager at Tesco bracket. I'm all for keeping them under control but the salary has to be realistic.

I'm not dising retail - worked in it myself for many years. I just don't see how a TD would be on the same salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

ok

so he was legally elected to the dail, and due what pay and perks that come with being a independent TD - people , if you have a problem with that, then petition your elected member to change it , until then, HE IS DOING NOTHING WRONG ( legally )

as for his tax dealings - is it not correct that revenue and the director of corporate enforcement has said he has no case to answer ? that no legal action is due ?

so to sum up , he is entitled to it, and he has no legal action pending with revenue?
    in the eyes of the law he is doing NOTHING wrong?

i suggest if the windbags pontificating on this thread have a issue with this, they should get onto the relevant people and petition to have the law changed
    ** none have YET - this apply s to the hordes of outraged, but ever so lazy b2st2ds to come **
    you get what you vote for - and wexford got him

now if you ask is he morally entitled - he is in his bollix , the man is morally bankrupt - but that is not a crime

so - instead of blowing hot air in this thread - find the number of your local TD's office and complain to him/her , or higher up , knock yourself out
    but if your not willing - then shut the f"ck up - he is legally entitled to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Get the fukc down of your high horse there mate.

This guy got elected based on his campaign fore new politics, Change the system, get the ordinary man in control.
    Since getting into office he had done nothing but bring his position and indeed the whole notion of honest politics into disrepute. He lay down with dogs and now has the fleas of corrupt office. People are damn right to come on and express their disgust at his behaviour. Remember, this is After Hours not the Politics forum.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    ok

so he was legally elected to the dail, and due what pay and perks that come with being a independent TD - people , if you have a problem with that, then petition your elected member to change it , until then, HE IS DOING NOTHING WRONG ( legally )

as for his tax dealings - is it not correct that revenue and the director of corporate enforcement has said he has no case to answer ? that no legal action is due ?

so to sum up , he is entitled to it, and he has no legal action pending with revenue?
    in the eyes of the law he is doing NOTHING wrong?

i suggest if the windbags pontificating on this thread have a issue with this, they should get onto the relevant people and petition to have the law changed

you get what you vote for - and wexford got him

now if you ask is he morally entitled - he is in his bollix , the man is morally bankrupt - but that is not a crime

so - instead of blowing hot air in this thread - find the number of your local TD's office and complain to him/her , or higher up , knock yourself out
    but if your not willing - then shut the f"ck up - he is legally entitled to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

if you ask me they should be paid about €40k

To be honest, no I don't believe they should be paid that low of a salary. Most TDs have a thankless job 7 days a week.
    Now, I do think you could potentially reduce their current salaries by a smaller amount and remove them from constituency work completely (leaving that to the locally elected politicians.

The whole political and representative system needs to be overhauled here imo
    They get paid more than POTUS ffs.
    Really? Are you sure about that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Please say you are American or Canadian. I hope this word isn't making its way into our vocabulary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

One word really

SCUM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

http://www.thejournal.ie/mick-wallace-leaders-allowance-dail-591354-Sep2012/

The feckin cheek of this fella... Whet the hell would this guy spend this on..

“The money is not for my personal use but will be used mostly for research into different issues that concern the people of Ireland. If I don’t claim it, when all the others do, I am at a disadvantage”

I'd say the folks that voted for him in Wexford are proud now...

I see he's stirring up a bit of controversy as of late, regarding attire in the Dail. So it wouldn't be anything new if his attitude is somewhat flippant.
    squod wrote: »
    His hair.

Anyone else seen what that lad drives? 41k is running costs for that yoke.

Give them all smart cars at the very most. If they want to lead, then they should set the example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Uriel. wrote: »
    To be honest, no I don't believe they should be paid that low of a salary. Most TDs have a thankless job 7 days a week.
    Now, I do think you could potentially reduce their current salaries by a smaller amount and remove them from constituency work completely (leaving that to the locally elected politicians.

The whole political and representative system needs to be overhauled here imo

Really? Are you sure about that? :rolleyes:

Nah not too sure about it, but they definitely earn a lot more than most of the leaders of european countries. Especially considering the 92k salary and then the 41k and then all the expenses. And I wouldnt say even one of them is worth anywhere near that.

Thats why I think with the expenses they claim a salary of €40k is more than enough for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

What happened with going in to politics for bettering your own country, not your own pocket?

These cronies are all there for personal gain and Mick just proved it. They get paid a salary + expenses and this €41k leaders allowance (no questions asked) is just yet another way of "rewarding themselves"!

If you have the passion for the job and want to make the difference than you should go forward not cos you want better pay packet!

I am sure none of us cared how much they were paying themselves when the money was floating around, that is partially why we are in the mess we are in. When the times are tough they should be the people we look up to and say look at the sacrifice they are making to make the Ireland a better place.

Instead every time we look up we see more and more ways they are milking us all!

So much for all of their promises! Also, it is interesting that the person who DEFRAUDED this country from millions is now one of the decision makers! Any other employer would have sacked the employee and have them in front of the court! But when it comes to the Dáil, all they can do is voice their concern!

La di da!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So this known tax evader is claiming a 41k expense to perform some deluded vox-pop poll down the country.

He really is a damning example of what is wrong with this country and anybody that voted for this failure of a man should hang there heads in shame.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    So this known tax evader is claiming a 41k expense to perform some deluded vox-pop poll down the country.

He really is a damning example of what is wrong with this country and anybody that voted for this failure of a man should hang there heads in shame.

Best thing is he was so quick to get on TV and in the Papers to let people know that he was giving half his salary back, yet at the same time he was claiming this which he forgot to mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

How quick he forgets the values he stood for at election time. At least the others didn't pretend to be working for the good of the 'common people' and then turn around and kick them in the nuts

Boombastic wrote: »
    How quick he forgets the values he stood for at election time. At least the others didn't pretend to be working for the good of the 'common people' and then turn around and kick them in the nuts

What values?

He was standing for election based on his connection with the common people of wexford who viewed him fondly due to his past record. the dogs in the street could have seen he was out for himself and its very convenient it took him to lose his bollox before he felt this "calling" to politics.

So transparent its actually sickening that we have to look at his false mug on telly or in the papers.

Thanks wexford you really played a blinder electing this guy.

• Advertisement

Nah not too sure about it, but they definitely earn a lot more than most of the leaders of european countries. Especially considering the 92k salary and then the 41k and then all the expenses. And I wouldnt say even one of them is worth anywhere near that.

Thats why I think with the expenses they claim a salary of €40k is more than enough for them.

The 41k as I understand it, is only available to independents because they don't have the resources of a political party behind them.

You seemed very sure that they earn more than POTUS in your previous post. Are you also equally sure that they earn more than most leaders of European countries?

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    What happened with going in to politics for bettering your own country, not your own pocket?

These cronies are all there for personal gain and Mick just proved it. They get paid a salary + expenses and this €41k leaders allowance (no questions asked) is just yet another way of "rewarding themselves"!

If you have the passion for the job and want to make the difference than you should go forward not cos you want better pay packet!

I am sure none of us cared how much they were paying themselves when the money was floating around, that is partially why we are in the mess we are in. When the times are tough they should be the people we look up to and say look at the sacrifice they are making to make the Ireland a better place.

Instead every time we look up we see more and more ways they are milking us all!

So much for all of their promises! Also, it is interesting that the person who DEFRAUDED this country from millions is now one of the decision makers! Any other employer would have sacked the employee and have them in front of the court! But when it comes to the Dáil, all they can do is voice their concern!

La di da!!!

hmmm, not sure if you grasped the Irish parliamentary model, but Mick Wallace is not employed by the Dáil. Mick Wallace is essentially employed by the People and the people must "sack" him. Of course, it's solely the people in Wexford in this regard. A prime example as to why our national politicians should be selected on the basis of a national constituency rather than a local one, imo.

As regards, politicians "going in to politics for bettering your own country" - a lot of TDs would have this mindset, but you are not going to go into it long term for a peanut salary, considering the workload, particularly those who are in a serious position to make a difference (members of cabinet, members of Government etc...)

I wouldn't want a parliament full of Joe Higgins'

The 41k as I understand it, is only available to independents because they don't have the resources of a political party behind them.

You seemed very sure that they earn more than POTUS in your previous post. Are you also equally sure that they earn more than most leaders of European countries?

Yep sure am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

hmmm, not sure if you grasped the Irish parliamentary model, but Mick Wallace is not employed by the Dáil. Mick Wallace is essentially employed by the People and the people must "sack" him. Of course, it's solely the people in Wexford in this regard. A prime example as to why our national politicians should be selected on the basis of a national constituency rather than a local one, imo.

As regards, politicians "going in to politics for bettering your own country" - a lot of TDs would have this mindset, but you are not going to go into it long term for a peanut salary, considering the workload, particularly those who are in a serious position to make a difference (members of cabinet, members of Government etc...)

I wouldn't want a parliament full of Joe Higgins'

So how would people go about sacking a politician? Wait for the next election and vote him out? In 3 or 4 years time? I don't think so. If you broke a rule or did something serious, you'd be sacked straight away. But with an Irish politician we get to hang onto them after they do some badness, so that they have more time to do more badness.

You mentioned something in your post that I agree with. Politics in this country is all wrong. Voting locally for national issues.

Over at politics.ie, a poster wrote that the people of Ireland only have themselves to blame for voting wallace back in. I fail to see this logic when he was in one constituency. It was also mentioned here that Wallace fooled and tricked many people in his constituency going on about new politics.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    What values?

He was standing for election based on his connection with the common people of wexford who viewed him fondly due to his past record. the dogs in the street could have seen he was out for himself and its very convenient it took him to lose his bollox before he felt this "calling" to politics.

So transparent its actually sickening that we have to look at his false mug on telly or in the papers.

Thanks wexford you really played a blinder electing this guy.

I am from Wexford and didnt vote for him never would as it was plainly obvious what he is like. People said its time to vote in one of their own a person that represents everyone, well this made me laugh almost as much as Mick saying he was going to make sure that all the bankers and developers that messed the country up are held to account. Now this lad owes tens of millions in bad loans (granted not to Irish Banks but still) that will never be repaid, he is the epitomy of everything that is wrong with the country, yet the fools in this county still elected him.

He made as much as he could from developing during the boom and when this money well dried up he stole from the tax payer, then saw the election as another opportunity to jump on a gravy train and make another fortune for himself, and if anyone thinks he ran for election to carry out some noble acts they are mistaken, he ran for election to look out for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Unvouched expenses are symbolic of whats wrong with this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Please say you are American or Canadian. I hope this word isn't making its way into our vocabulary.

Yes, those American "panties" coming over here and stealing our "bloomers with reinforced gussets".:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Anyone out there who voted for Wallace willing to comment in how it's turned out, is this what ye expected, will ye vote for him again?

I hear he recently got a 10 minute standing applaud at a reception he was at, does this signal that locally he's a hero? Why, what has he done for Wexford?

Yep sure am

Then you are wrong again.

http://www.paywizard.org/main/VIPPaycheck/world-leaders-salaries

Comparing a TD' salary to POTUS or other world leaders is a silly starting point anyway, but that's what you chose.

If it was me, I would have tried to compare national legislators in different countries

ilovesleep wrote: »
    So how would people go about sacking a politician? Wait for the next election and vote him out? In 3 or 4 years time? I don't think so. If you broke a rule or did something serious, you'd be sacked straight away. But with an Irish politician we get to hang onto them after they do some badness, so that they have more time to do more badness.

You mentioned something in your post that I agree with. Politics in this country is all wrong. Voting locally for national issues.

Over at politics.ie, a poster wrote that the people of Ireland only have themselves to blame for voting wallace back in. I fail to see this logic when he was in one constituency. It was also mentioned here that Wallace fooled and tricked many people in his constituency going on about new politics.

Yep by not voting him in the next time. That's practically it. The people of Wexford could put pressure on him to resign his seat before the next election if they were also inclined.

The only other ways that I know of are prescribed in the Electoral Act 1992

41.—A person who—

(a) is not a citizen of Ireland, or

(b) has not reached the age of 21 years, or

(c) is a member of the Commission of the European Communities, or

(d) is a Judge, Advocate General or Registrar of the Court of Justice of the European Communities, or

(e) is a member of the Court of Auditors of the European Communities, or

(f) is a member of the Garda Síochána, or

(g) is a wholetime member of the Defence Forces as defined in section 11 (4), or

(h) is a civil servant who is not by the terms of his employment expressly permitted to be a member of the Dáil, or

(i) is a person of unsound mind, or

(j) is undergoing a sentence of imprisonment for any term exceeding six months, whether with or without hard labour, or of penal servitude for any period imposed by a court of competent jurisdiction in the State, or

(k) is an undischarged bankrupt under an adjudication by a court of competent jurisdiction in the State,

shall not be eligible for election as a member, or, subject to section 42 (3), for membership, of the Dáil.

42.—(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), where a member of the Dáil—

(a) incurs an incapacity or disability referred to in section 41 , or

(b) is appointed to a post referred to in section 41 , or

(c) is appointed under the Constitution as a Judge, or Comptroller and Auditor General,

he shall thereupon cease to be such member and a vacancy shall exist accordingly in the membership of the Dáil.

(2) The registrar of the court by which a sentence referred to in section 41 (j) was imposed on a member of the Dáil or was confirmed on appeal shall notify the Chairman of the Dáil of the imposition or confirmation of the sentence as soon as possible after—

(a) in case no appeal is taken against the conviction or sentence, the expiration of the time limit for taking the appeal,

(b) in case an appeal is taken against the conviction or sentence and the appeal is disallowed or a sentence mentioned in section 41 (j) is imposed on the appeal, the determination of the appeal,

and on receipt of such notification by the Chairman of the Dáil a vacancy shall exist in the membership of the Dáil.

(3) Where a member of the Dáil has been adjudicated bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction in the State and within six months of the date of the order of adjudication the said order is not annulled or the person the subject of the order has not obtained a certificate of discharge under section 85 (7) of the Bankruptcy Act, 1988 , the Examiner of the High Court shall, as soon as possible after the expiration of the period of six months from the date of the order, notify the Chairman of the Dáil and on receipt of such notification by the Chairman of the Dáil a vacancy shall exist in the membership of the Dáil.

(4) As soon as may be after the receipt of a notification under subsection (2) or (3) the Chairman of the Dáil shall inform the Dáil of such receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mick Wallace - The Daly Male.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone out there who voted for Wallace willing to comment in how it's turned out, is this what ye expected, will ye vote for him again?

I hear he recently got a 10 minute standing applaud at a reception he was at, does this signal that locally he's a hero? Why, what has he done for Wexford?

this pretty much - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wexford_Youths_F.C.

Get the fukc down of your high horse there mate.

This guy got elected based on his campaign fore new politics, Change the system, get the ordinary man in control.
    Since getting into office he had done nothing but bring his position and indeed the whole notion of honest politics into disrepute. He lay down with dogs and now has the fleas of corrupt office. People are damn right to come on and express their disgust at his behaviour. [BPeople are damn right to come on and express their disgust at his behaviour[/B].

1 - learn how to read - i was doing the complete opposite of getting on a high horse - christ i even made a point of spelling that out - funny you did not get that !!! and im far from you mate " Buddy "

2 LOL super LOL - really ??? new politics ?? HAW HAW HAW - jesus how naive ARE YOU ? does anyone actually believe the spin from the politicians before during or after a election ?? cop on son - new politics , thanks for the laugh

3 just becasue its AH does not mean you just have to bang away at the keyboard like a masturbating monkey - a valid point can sometimes be made here, and stop contradicting yourself "People are damn right to come on and express their disgust at his behaviour " and the next doozy " Remember, this is After Hours not the Politics forum " ????
    well what one are we to follow oh master ???

my point, that you wildly missed in your race against the red mist to get your indignation out - is this - don't whimper like a little girl here , stop wasting my time and everyone elses , go make the call , drop them a email , AND THEN COME ONE and pretend to be outraged at something you are never going to do anything about anyway - welcome to Ireland - will talk a good fight but to f2uck2g lazy to ACTUALLY do anything about it

i wont do anything about it becasue i dont give a flying **** that someone who is entitled to take pay and perks is, SHOCK HORROR taking said pay and perks !!!!!!! its a NON story

so big boy, other than take my post the wrong way and post crap on AH , what are YOU going to do about it seeing it consumes one so ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yawn: someone starts a flame war on the internet....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

1 - learn how to read - i was doing the complete opposite of getting on a high horse - christ i even made a point of spelling that out - funny you did not get that !!! and im far from you mate " Buddy "

2 LOL super LOL - really ??? new politics ?? HAW HAW HAW - jesus how naive ARE YOU ? does anyone actually believe the spin from the politicians before during or after a election ?? cop on son - new politics , thanks for the laugh

3 just becasue its AH does not mean you just have to bang away at the keyboard like a masturbating monkey - a valid point can sometimes be made here, and stop contradicting yourself "People are damn right to come on and express their disgust at his behaviour " and the next doozy " Remember, this is After Hours not the Politics forum " ????
    well what one are we to follow oh master ???

my point, that you wildly missed in your race against the red mist to get your indignation out - is this - don't whimper like a little girl here , stop wasting my time and everyone elses , go make the call , drop them a email , AND THEN COME ONE and pretend to be outraged at something you are never going to do anything about anyway - welcome to Ireland - will talk a good fight but to f2uck2g lazy to ACTUALLY do anything about it

i wont do anything about it becasue i dont give a flying **** that someone who is entitled to take pay and perks is, SHOCK HORROR taking said pay and perks !!!!!!! its a NON story

so big boy, other than take my post the wrong way and post crap on AH , what are YOU going to do about it seeing it consumes one so ????

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: Hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I wouldn't. Its a leaders allowance. Show leadership

The guy is a scruffy crook. Two fingers at the Dail, Wexford and Ireland.

If he had an ounce of integrity he would have resigned over his tax affairs. Instead he gives a Princess Diana speech in the Dail and lines his pockets once more

Zulu wrote: »
    Yawn: someone starts a flame war on the internet....

:rolleyes:

na - just responding to someone who attacks my post , but obviously misses the point - usual crap , half reads then jumps to a wrong conclusion

if this kind of poster spent half the time being upset with the people in the country who are causing the problem , rather than wasting time talking a good fight on AH , we would be a lot better off

so i wonder - how many people who have posted on this thread will ACTUALLY try and do something about it ??
    sure they have the right to post crap here - but wont make one bit of difference
    and that was my point

na - just responding to someone who attacks my post , but obviously misses the point - usual crap , half reads then jumps to a wrong conclusion

if this kind of poster spent half the time being upset with the people in the country who are causing the problem , rather than wasting time talking a good fight on AH , we would be a lot better off

so i wonder - how many people who have posted on this thread will ACTUALLY try and do something about it ??
    sure they have the right to post crap here - but wont make one bit of difference
    and that was my point

You should make a long facebook post..thats were the real internet hardnuts are at these days.

You are wasted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

And you wouldn't take it if you were him?

Hasnt done a thing for Wexford, some people would say he set up a football club, but that wasnt exactly done for the people of Wexford. It was done for himself to play with basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Man takes money he is entitled too.
    Shock.
    Horror.
    Outrage.

Don't hate the playa hate the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement