Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallace is keeping his €41k payment.. for research !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Grimebox wrote: »
    And you wouldn't take it if you were him?

I'd take it, but I'd make damn certain that I actually did what I was supposed to do with it, and I'd also make every single receipt available in the public domain to shut the whingers up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

conorhal wrote: »
    What's he researching? How many expensive dinners it will take in One Pico it will take to get into Claire Daily's panties?
    Ugghhhh. I hate the word 'panties.' And when used in the context with those two it chills me to the bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Man takes money he is entitled too.
    Shock.
    Horror.
    Outrage.

Don't hate the playa hate the game.

This is the problem they are playing a game...but we are paying tax and letting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Jaysoose wrote: »
    This is the problem they are playing a game...but we are paying tax and letting them.

not being smart but do something about it
    get onto your local councilors and TD's - ring government buildings , email the f2ck out of everyone , get your mates to do it , start a campaign ect ect ect

or you can do what the vast majority do - NOTHING ( well whinge on AH about it )

me , im not going to do nothing - i care not one jot - he is entitled to it becasue he was elected to the post , the post involves these perks and more

FFS - these allowances were known BEFORE the election - don't remember a thread on independents leaders allowances - and now hes taking it shock horror

not getting the public indignation on thiis one - think about it
    that is like being shocked that it rains a lot in Ireland :confused:

dj jarvis wrote: »
    get onto your local councilors and TD's - ring government buildings , email the f2ck out of everyone , get your mates to do it , start a campaign ect ect ect

or you can do what the vast majority do - NOTHING ( well whinge on AH about it )

me , im not going to do nothing - i care not one jot - he is entitled to it becasue he was elected to the post , the post involves these perks and more

FFS - these allowances were known BEFORE the election - don't remember a thread on independents leaders allowances - and now hes taking it shock horror

Could you post this on facebook publicly on wallaces page..then i might pay attention to your bollox.

Answer one question for me, would there be less public indignation towards this man if he had not conspired to defraud the vat man for a couple of million while standing in front of the elctorate preaching about a change in politics.

He should be on his uppers not talking about what he is "entitled to" its a sad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

i care not one jot
    You care enough to bitch & moan on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The public indignation stems from the fact Mick owes Revenue 2.1million quid, and then there is the fact that he was claiming to be a wonderful politician who would lead by example and give half his salary back while at the same time taking this 41k and not mentioning it.

I think people are just sick of this kind of sh1t and the blatant cheek of Mick has rubbed people up the wrong way on more than one occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I don't have a problem per se with TDs being paid a high salary + expenses. Money is and will always be an important motivating factor for people to succeed and work hard.

My issues are;

a) we have too many TDs. Given that debates in the Dail are sparsely attended I reckon the actual work could be more efficiently carried out with half or even a third the number we currently have.

b) the work they actually spend most time doing doesn't warrant their current salary level. Shure he fixshed the road, built a new community centre, opened a local school are all well and good but it's not what a TD should be rewarded for. Researching, debating and formulating important fiscal and social policies are what I'd expect from a TD at national level. Attending local 'constituency clinics' to hear Mary moan about how the bus only comes every hour instead of half an hour isn't.

The public are to blame for b). We pay for councillors to represent us at local level then bypass them to petition TDs - giving both groups a cushy number. Councillors do nothing, TDs do the work of councillors at vastly increased wages and nobody does the work of TDs

Could you post this on facebook publicly on wallaces page..then i might pay attention to your bollox.

Answer one question for me, would there be less public indignation towards this man if he had not conspired to defraud the vat man for a couple of million while standing in front of the elctorate preaching about a change in politics.

He should be on his uppers not talking about what he is "entitled to" its a sad joke.

what bollox would that be ? that i pointed out that he is entitled to this money and hes taking it ? that is bollox is it ? then get onto your td and do something about it instead of getting at me - that is the point

as for defrauding the revenue - read the thread and my first post , i clearly state that BOTH the revenue and the director of corporate enforcement have said HE HAS NO CASE TO ANSWER - he is not being pursued on this matter

so the law of the land has no issue with him , he is taking what his employer offered him - so whats the issue ? your not happy - then get off your arse and try change it

EXACTLY what i said in my first post - fuppin windbags will release noise and bluster - but in reality will do fup all about it - well done lads

so the ruling class win again becasue they know most are gob****e windbags who will do nothing but cry into their pints ( or their keyboards )

and why should i post anything on his facebook page ?? i dont care that he his taking this allowance - you see im not so naive to think that he would not have taken it - it is not a shock to me

i suggest you and your ilk get on and start ringing joe - all your good for

just read post before shooting your mouth off - i have said that i think he is morally bankrupt - what more should i say on the matter ?

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    The public indignation stems from the fact Mick owes Revenue 2.1million quid, and then there is the fact that he was claiming to be a wonderful politician who would lead by example and give half his salary back while at the same time taking this 41k and not mentioning it.

I think people are just sick of this kind of sh1t and the blatant cheek of Mick has rubbed people up the wrong way on more than one occasion.

granted - you are 100% correct - but what will the good folk on this thread or AH in general do about it ???

nothing but pass oxygen about it - again that was my original point , read my first post

but if people want to make me the villain of the thread - go ahead - as i said i dont give a crap - legally he is doing nothing wrong - although i do think he has some neck - but sure he joins a HUGE line of them doing the same.

at least i not being a hypocrite and talking out one side of my face while sitting back and doing nothing

oh i love Ireland

Zulu wrote: »
    You care enough to bitch & moan on Boards.

again read my first post - i was pointing out that everyone will moan about it , but do **** all about it , i was far from moaning

as i have said repeatedly - i dont care if he takes it - so why would i bitch and moan - try reading posts before you start preaching to me

oh the irony of your post is depressing

what bollox would that be ? that i pointed out that he is entitled to this money and hes taking it ? that is bollox is it ? then get onto your td and do something about it instead of getting at me - that is the point

as for defrauding the revenue - read the thread and my first post , i clearly state that BOTH the revenue and the director of corporate enforcement have said HE HAS NO CASE TO ANSWER - he is not being pursued on this matter

so the law of the land has no issue with him , he is taking what his employer offered him - so whats the issue ? your not happy - then get off your arse and try change it

EXACTLY what i said in my first post - fuppin windbags will release noise and bluster - but in reality will do fup all about it - well done lads

so the ruling class win again becasue they know most are gob****e windbags who will do nothing but cry into their pints ( or their keyboards )

and why should i post anything on his facebook page ?? i dont care that he his taking this allowance - you see im not so naive to think that he would not have taken it - it is not a shock to me

i suggest you and your ilk get on and start ringing joe - all your good for

just read post before shooting your mouth off - i have said that i think he is morally bankrupt - what more should i say on the matter ?

blah blah ****in blah...

blah blah ****in blah...

and there ya go - point proven - full of bluster and nothing else
    you just keep sitting on your hole doing nothing - good lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

and there ya go - point proven - full of bluster and nothing else
    you just keep sitting on your hole doing nothing - good lad

And you keep trying to start a flame-war...

Good man, you win 4 internets for utter originality in the category of "not moaning about people moaning"

Take a bow hero.

Zulu wrote: »
    And you keep trying to start a flame-war...

Good man, you win 4 internets for utter originality in the category of "not moaning about people moaning"

Take a bow hero.

im truly not trying to start anything - honest guvnor

but always nice to win something - bow taken

what is a flame war anyway ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement