Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man's Body Found in Bishopsfield

Options
  • 11-09-2012 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Just heard that a 30 year old man's body was found in a house in Bishopsfield at 10pm last night.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/body-found-in-waterford-house-566447.html

A man has been found dead in Waterford city.

The 30-year-old's body was discovered at a house at Bishopsfield in Williamstown at 10pm last night.

His remains are still at the scene, which has been sealed off for a forensic examination.

A post mortem's expected to be carried out to determine the cause of the man's death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

deisemum wrote: »
    Just heard that a 30 year old man's body was found in a house in Bishopsfield at 10pm last night.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/body-found-in-waterford-house-566447.html

A man has been found dead in Waterford city.

The 30-year-old's body was discovered at a house at Bishopsfield in Williamstown at 10pm last night.

His remains are still at the scene, which has been sealed off for a forensic examination.

A post mortem's expected to be carried out to determine the cause of the man's death.

Must not be suspicious as deIse fm didn't bother talking about it at all but I suppose they are a yard off the pace most times anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

According to TodayFM, its suspected that its drugs related (ie overdose). What is it with Waterford being connected to drugs deaths these days? Two over the weekend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Might be a dodgy batch going around the south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

thomasm wrote: »
    Might be a dodgy batch going around the south

Bad heroin batch I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jason Todd wrote: »

Fcukin scag :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A bad batch, or just a 'good' batch that is stronger than people are used to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

A bad batch, or just a 'good' batch that is stronger than people are used to?

Good question, I don't know tbh. I was just told it was a bad batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I heard they're cutting the e's with heroin now, to get you hooked. The bastards.

Also, rat poison. Basically the same bullshit rumours that go around whenever someone overmadoses.

I hear they are now dying the meth so that it's blue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

longshanks wrote: »
    I heard they're cutting the e's with heroin now, to get you hooked. The bastards.
    That wouldn't make much sense. You'd have to convince someone to take a load of e's every day for months in order for this to work. Not many up for that.
    I hear they are now dying the meth so that it's blue! :D
    Why did you have to remind me that it will be months till the rest of the season :p

• Advertisement

I'm sorry. It's a coping mechanism.

Also, rat poison. Basically the same bullshit rumours that go around whenever someone overmadoses.
    old gregg wrote: »
    That wouldn't make much sense. You'd have to convince someone to take a load of e's every day for months in order for this to work. Not many up for that.

Read the part in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Read the part in bold.

Ah right, so they were both bul**** rumours you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Jason Todd wrote: »

Might get some for some of the arseholes about town :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

E's aren't addictive. Heroin is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. Does not compute.

dlofnep wrote: »
    E's aren't addictive. Heroin is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. Does not compute.

Read the whole post. Read the posts that followed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Twas on the news HSE and guards are warning users about a bad batch of powder ecstasy, brown in colour
    Maybe I'm thick but I thought ecstasy came in tablet form and heroin is a brown powder?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

whatever the reasons, it's such a tragedy! thoughts are with the family!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Theres no way in the world that someone would mistake Es for heroin. If you where in a club and you took heroin the effects would be completely the opposite of taking Es.

Heroin is a complete downer and Es are a complete upper.

Plus it takes weeks if not months of use to get addicted to Heroin. Not just a matter of taking a tiny bit in a tablet and getting dependant.

Also not to mention the fact heroin is a lot more expensive so putting it in an E would make no sense at all if the point is to make money.

edit - read the rest. ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

My thoughts and prayers are with this chap's family. Another life wiped out and a family destroyed beyond understanding. Its soo sad, at any time, to hear of soo many deaths over the last 72 hours, under any circumstance.

I enjoyed myself when I went through the whole throwing shapes and raving thing.I was no angel and God knows the chances I took every weekend I went out. The worst thing that ever happened to me was waking up monday morning and having to go to work, and of course the whole come down from the weekend. But jaysus, its nothing in comparison to whats going on now....

RIP lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I heard earlier that it was from natural causes.

Poor guy. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

dlofnep wrote: »

Absolute rubbish. It takes an awful long time of taking it to become addicted to heroin.

And incindetally, it's not that hard to give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish. It takes an awful long time of taking it to become addicted to heroin.

I seriously hope you are never called upon to give advice to kid's about the dangers of taking drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Duiske wrote: »
    I seriously hope you are never called upon to give advice to kid's about the dangers of taking drugs.

That's not what I meant by my post.

I seriously hope that you yourself do not work with kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

My apologies to soo many people here. Finnbar, did you ever partake in any kind of "recreational" drug? and I use that phrase loosely. You cannot generalise and make such a sweeping statement. Shame on You!..I enjoyed speckled doves, not knowing then, what I do know now. They were called speckled for a reason. Do not make generalisations! simply because of whatever makes an impression in your mind!

I apologise if I'm lost in translation with what you've just said. I'm having a hard time trying to just give up smoking and you say "it's not that hard to give it up" as what i think is your mention towards giving up heroin....destroying<:/... Jesus, if what you say is?!?!?!...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I seriously hope that you yourself do not work with kids.

So you spotted the link in my sig. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the filth that peddle those poisons to the youth, should be rounded up and sent to the uae for trail, and the traditional beheading....

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Media999 wrote: »
    Theres no way in the world that someone would mistake Es for heroin. If you where in a club and you took heroin the effects would be completely the opposite of taking Es.

Heroin is a complete downer and Es are a complete upper.

Plus it takes weeks if not months of use to get addicted to Heroin. Not just a matter of taking a tiny bit in a tablet and getting dependant.

Also not to mention the fact heroin is a lot more expensive so putting it in an E would make no sense at all if the point is to make money.

edit - read the rest. ignore
    he didn't say replacing bangers with heroin , he said cutting it with heroin. Yes it would cost money , but in the long run it would be worth it for the dealers.
    Anyways, that's all I picked up from his post.
    Sad for the chaps family and couldn't care less about the chap himself. Sounds blunt , I know but that's my opinion.

*edit*,as it seems to be rumours , my opinion is on druggies and not the fella the op is on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

I hear cocaine is good crack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I hear cocaine is good crack.

I like the smell of it myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement