Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man's Body Found in Bishopsfield

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

RIP x My Thoughts are with his family and friends. Shame on any of ye that came on here to judge, or make a skit out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Most of the heroin user's in Waterford smoke it by holding a piece of tin foil containing a small piece of heroin over a naked flame and inhaling the smoke through a rolled up piece of tin foil.This practice is called " chasing the dragon" and is how 90% of user's start.Now as with most drug's the first time is the best and user's of heroin,cocaine,ectacy,among other's, end up doing what is called "chasing the high"i.e.trying to recreate that first time "high".
    Most heroin user's progress to injecting the heroin straight into the blood stream via a vein whilst "chasing the high", this method is called mainlining and is highly addictive and very dangerous often ending in sudden death by overdose.User's that mainline experience more severe withdrawal symptom's than people who smoke it.So to say that heroin is not that hard to give up,is like saying, 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.If people would like to see the real effect's of heroin I would suggest a film called "Christiane f" which is based on a true story and is quite graffic.
    IMHO,this movie should be shown to all pupil's on their last day of primary school,give them something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Most of the heroin user's in Waterford smoke it by holding a piece of tin foil containing a small piece of heroin over a naked flame and inhaling the smoke through a rolled up piece of tin foil.This practice is called " chasing the dragon" and is how 90% of user's start.Now as with most drug's the first time is the best and user's of heroin,cocaine,ectacy,among other's, end up doing what is called "chasing the high"i.e.trying to recreate that first time "high".
    Most heroin user's progress to injecting the heroin straight into the blood stream via a vein whilst "chasing the high", this method is called mainlining and is highly addictive and very dangerous often ending in sudden death by overdose.User's that mainline experience more severe withdrawal symptom's than people who smoke it.So to say that heroin is not that hard to give up,is like saying, 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.If people would like to see the real effect's of heroin I would suggest a film called "Christiane f" which is based on a true story and is quite graffic.
    IMHO,this movie should be shown to all pupil's on their last day of primary school,give them something to think about.

Has the cause of death of this individual been confirmed as a drugs overdose?

Also is there a need to give graphic instructions to make your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Today fm twitter
    Gardai in Cork say they are treating the investigation into the deaths of two men in Kinsale as seriously as they would a murder inquiry.

tonc76 wrote: »

My post was in reply to the many post's in this thread concerning heroin and drug use in general.
    Regarding graphic instructions,the simple answer is YES. We as adult's have a duty to educate our children to all the dangers they face in life.Heroin ravaged inner city Dublin in the 80's and destroyed whole communities,ruined lives and caused the death of many young people.
    This time round it has spread to every city and town in Ireland,resulting in increased crime against all walk's of life,more so the elderly.The effect this drug has on not only the addict,but the parent's and sibling's of the user is horrific and heart breaking.
    So if showing our kid's the truth,as shocking as it may seem,that if you use heroin, you may well end your day's dead in a public toilet with a needle in you arm,stop's just one person from useing,yes it is worth it.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sXLQwlJU

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I hear they are now dying the meth so that it's blue! :D

http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/breaking-bad-crystal-meth-candy

breaking-bad-crystal-meth-candy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

tonc76 wrote: »

My post was in reply to the many post's in this thread concerning heroin and drug use in general.
    Regarding graphic instructions,the simple answer is YES. We as adult's have a duty to educate our children to all the dangers they face in life.Heroin ravaged inner city Dublin in the 80's and destroyed whole communities,ruined lives and caused the death of many young people.
    This time round it has spread to every city and town in Ireland,resulting in increased crime against all walk's of life,more so the elderly.The effect this drug has on not only the addict,but the parent's and sibling's of the user is horrific and heart breaking.
    So if showing our kid's the truth,as shocking as it may seem,that if you use heroin, you may well end your day's dead in a public toilet with a needle in you arm,stop's just one person from useing,yes it is worth it.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sXLQwlJU

You're dead right about the heroin, but.... PLEASE for the love of god get a handle on your apostrophe abuse, before it gets out of hand! (There's a support group, A'A I think they're called...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Maybe I'm thick but I thought ecstasy came in tablet form and heroin is a brown powder?

MDMA could be passed off as a brown powder. Thats Es in powder form.

Nowhere on the news did it mention heroin either. Just some brown stuff being sold as MDMA but is actually poisonous.

Media999 wrote: »
    MDMA could be passed off as a brown powder. Thats Es in powder form.

Nowhere on the news did it mention heroin either. Just some brown stuff being sold as MDMA but is actually poisonous.

In my day MDMA powder was white, as in white white. Not brown. I would never have gone near MDMA powder if it wasn't white.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

In my day MDMA powder was white, as in white white. Not brown. I would never have gone near MDMA powder if it wasn't white.
    Racist

When its being produced it is a brown powder which is then filtered to create the white powder. Steps are left out of production to make more powder/profit. One of the easiest ways to cut down MDMA is by adding sawdust. A lot easier to cut down when its brown also.

Drug dealers are a lot greedier these days obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Jesus ye all sound like knobs the way ye posting..as if ye know the ins and outs of the drug making world if ye are all so good at knowing how its done then ye should be all working in a pharmaceutical company or on the mean streets of Waterford :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

S28382 wrote: »
    Jesus ye all sound like knobs the way ye posting..as if ye know the ins and outs of the drug making world if ye are all so good at knowing how its done then ye should be all working in a pharmaceutical company or on the mean streets of Waterford :rolleyes:

Jaysus, touchy!

What're you, the Internet police? If people were only allowed have opinions or to post on subjects that they are experts in, there'd be an awful lot less traffic on here...

Jaysus, touchy!

What're you, the Internet police? If people were only allowed have opinions or to post on subjects that they are experts in, there'd be an awful lot less traffic on here...

Haha the internet police.......yup iv a little blue flashing light on my computer aswell:D

Seriously tho a few posts seem to be as if the posters know the goings on in the production of narcotics it seems as if they might just be drug dealers.............:pac:

*tis a joke i know ye aint pushers or are ye???????

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

*tis a joke i know ye aint pushers or are ye???????
    What ya looking for lol

A tube of smarties and 2 packets of m&ms........oooooh and some wine gums coz that sh*t fu*ks me up.

When its being produced it is a brown powder which is then filtered to create the white powder. Steps are left out of production to make more powder/profit. One of the easiest ways to cut down MDMA is by adding sawdust. A lot easier to cut down when its brown also.

Drug dealers are a lot greedier these days obviously.
    And so I stick to my somewhat racist white mdma only remark!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Or get a part in Breaking Bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

This thread is way off-topic and pointless now. It should be closed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sXLQwlJU[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with educating children on the dangers of substance abuse, but find it ironic that you outline in detail how to smoke heroin in your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

to be fair to giles lynchwood, people have been smoking heroin for over a 100 years. It's not a secret and most teenagers if they've been educated in the dangers of drug abuse will be aware that it's how most people are introduced to the drug.

Heres the problem with drug education in schools.

You have a 50 year old teacher who obviously never touched drugs in there life claiming that people even get a whiff of heroin or any class A drug and there life falls apart.

Kid hits a stage in there life where they are going out with mates and exposed to drugs. All there mates who actually take drugs are saying there great. Kid realises that the teacher was just talking **** and never took them. Then starts taking them aswell.

Heroin is the same way on a higher level. You can take heroin for a while without becoming hooked. Usual crap then. One person in a group of mates takes it and has the time of his life. Others follow. Some get hooked. Others dont.

tonc76.I have one word to say to you.GOOGLE.

Much appreciated. What about BING though?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Heres the problem with drug education in schools.

You have a 50 year old teacher who obviously never touched drugs in there life claiming that people even get a whiff of heroin or any class A drug and there life falls apart.

Kid hits a stage in there life where they are going out with mates and exposed to drugs. All there mates who actually take drugs are saying there great. Kid realises that the teacher was just talking **** and never took them. Then starts taking them aswell.

Heroin is the same way on a higher level. You can take heroin for a while without becoming hooked. Usual crap then. One person in a group of mates takes it and has the time of his life. Others follow. Some get hooked. Others dont.

When I was in school, we had a girl come in that was an ex-heroin addict (among other drugs). It was part of some Drug Awareness thing, and she showed her marks, told stories of her past etc.

It was horrific, and very graphic.. but maybe, just enough to deter people.

It was very informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

When we were in school ,the guards came in and gave us a talk.They had some fairly fake looking acid(smiley faces) ,which they decided to pass around for us to have a look at.It ended up with the acid going missing and the guards leaving the room until some one put it back on the desk. Was only supposed to be a single session ,turned into a double.needless to say they weren't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Whatever happened here in the end. How did the guy die?

As usual, a load of news then .................... nothing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Until something in confirmed in the media, as per our forum charter, I am going to close to the topic to prevent speculation that isn't needed nor is it helpful. As we have seen in the past, these threads often cause further upset and hurt to the family and friends of the deceased.