Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented house and saorview

Options
  • 11-09-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭

The house I rent came with a very, very old television that stopped working a year after moving in. Weve been in the same house for 4 years.

When the television went I replaced it myself but unfortunately its not saorview compatabile. Now I have no problem buying a saorview box myself as I will always need it with the tv anyhow however our reception for tv3 is often (though not always) poor and from what I know thats a sign that the aerial may need to be replaced.

Who would be responsible for doing this?

Their not very expensive but I dont feel comfortable hammering a nail into a wall of someone elses house not to mind anything else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

You are responsibel for providing your own TV setup unless your tennancy contract says otherwise.You should not make any permanent installation that involves drilling or nailing without the written permission from your lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

buy a saorview aerial 20 euro powercity ,or tv shop, it should give you a good picture, on all channels .IT uses a power supply, place it near a window.Maybe cable to aerial is broken or loose .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The TV you bought is yours. Everything that was in the house when you moved in belongs to the landlord. If you want a Saorview box go out and buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You are responsibel for providing your own TV setup unless your tennancy contract says otherwise.You should not make any permanent installation that involves drilling or nailing without the written permission from your lord.

What's this? The 13th Century?!?! :D

Advertisement