Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest lasting toilet Bowl Blue Cleaner?

• 11-09-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, so i hate going into a toilet where someone has left urine in the bowl or worse. "shudders" My housemates always leave surprises in the toilet. At least if I cant see the offending filth it wont bug me. As well as that my toilets get very scaley and yellow. (possibly hard water area)
    I am forever throwing those "Loo BLue" tablets into the cistern but they dont last pissing time. Pardon the pun!
    I recall years ago my granny used to get these clip on style loo blues that lasted ages. The most recent ones i got were in deals in omniplex "Loo blue Max" supposedly meant to last a month but they only last 2 weeks.
    Can anyone suggest a long life tab that will color the water
    PS I wasnt sure what forum to put this request in if need be please move :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I get your frustration OP! I swear I am going to make a 'please flush me when you do a pee' sign for the loo. I am female, all the other users are male.
    What is so hard about pressing a button to hide your own waste products?!
    There was some talk of a cleaning forum a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Aldi's last for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

kneemos wrote: »
    Aldi's last for ages.

kneemos, what is it? the ones you throw in the cistern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Do not use blue loo's pink loo's or any of those things you put in the system.

They **** the system up and cause water to constantly leak back into the bowl. It should be interesting when the water charges come in.

They also make a plumbers life difficult and you will pay for this.

These were primarilary designed for the lever flush systems and even then i would say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

kneemos, what is it? the ones you throw in the cistern?

yes,I've been using the blue ones for quite a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement