Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 11 and all that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Fuinseog wrote: »
    today the world remembers the victims but continues to ignore innocent civilians murdered by America. you reap what you sow and the terror America so willingly spread throughout the world came home to visit them. that was an unprecedented shock.immediately after it the Americans bombed Afghanistan and killed thousands of innocents but they must have been inferior beings cos nobody cares.

I'd imagine one of the main reasons why Irish people care less when civilians get killed after a US missile fired at Kabul misses it's target is because hundreds of the people who get killed don't generally have names like O'Connor, Ryan, Brady, O'Callaghan etc.

Amongst other reasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭czx

you are not long enough on boards to know the basic rule of 'attack the post and not the poster'.

Don't be silly, it's the kind of response you seek. You just want to air your dislike of America by posting provocative material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

czx wrote: »
    Don't be silly, it's the kind of response you seek. You just want to air your dislike of America by posting provocative material.
    Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

If you want to read genuine discussion about the disparity between American/Western/Infidel/etc etc etc. outrage at 2000 of their civilians being killed versus 200,000 of someone elses then look for Noam Chompsky's work. We studied the guy in college, interesting stuff.

That said, when one country owns or drives most of the mainstream media that we see then obviously any coverage of something like 9/11 will be skewed towards them if for no reason than it's easier for Sky to put a camera in downtown New York instead of the Sudan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'd imagine one of the main reasons why Irish people care less when civilians get killed after a US missile fired at Kabul misses it's target is because hundreds of the people who get killed don't generally have names like O'Connor, Ryan, Brady, O'Callaghan etc.
    mother of Christ...

The worst thing is you probably have a valid point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

today the world remembers the victims but continues to ignore innocent civilians murdered by America. you reap what you sow and the terror America so willingly spread throughout the world came home to visit them. that was an unprecedented shock.immediately after it the Americans bombed Afghanistan and killed thousands of innocents but they must have been inferior beings cos nobody cares.

Shut up fool!

We gon' free the **** outta you!

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/132/353466683_b32f39724c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

What if it wasn't the Muslims??
    There is so much dodgy sh it around the whole thing, esp. the Bin Laden killing that there's a real chance everything isn't as it seems.

But it probably was the Muslims, although it might not have been a surprise to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A nice 11th anniversary put together of various links and videos from the truth movement.

You Can’t Handle the 9/11 Truth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A nice 11th anniversary put together of various links and videos from the truth movement.

You Can’t Handle the 9/11 Truth

I was wondering when you'd arrive.... :pac:

The hilarious thing about that link is the first thing I heard when I clicked it was an ad advising me to "Help stop the spread of fungal nail infection!" and I thought - ah Jaysus they're not blaming fungal nail infection on the New World Order now as well, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I was wondering when you'd arrive.... :pac:

Not the first time on this thread, I thought i'd give some more input since it's the 11th anniversary. :p

Not sure if this has been posted.

President of Italy’s Supreme Court to Refer 9/11 Crimes To International Criminal Court.

He says that 9/11 was “False Flag” Terror, Just Like the Strategy of Tension in Italy

Ferdinando Imposimato is the honorary President of the Supreme Court of Italy, and former Senior Investigative Judge, Italy.

Imposimato presided over several terrorism-related cases, including the kidnapping and ultimate assassination of President Aldo Moro, the attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II, other political assassinations and kidnapping cases and several cases against the Mafia. He is a former Senator who served on the Anti-Mafia Commission in three administrations.

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/11/president-of-italys-supreme-court-to-refer-911-crimes-to-international-criminal-court/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Scráib wrote: »
    If you want to read genuine discussion about the disparity between American/Western/Infidel/etc etc etc. outrage at 2000 of their civilians being killed versus 200,000 of someone elses then look for Noam Chompsky's work. We studied the guy in college, interesting stuff.

That said, when one country owns or drives most of the mainstream media that we see then obviously any coverage of something like 9/11 will be skewed towards them if for no reason than it's easier for Sky to put a camera in downtown New York instead of the Sudan.

I did post this on page 2:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Terror...7353914&sr=8-1

A fascinating read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

which is why they are vilified. americans carpet bombed apparently to liberate.
    They were vilified for the holocaust...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

The average American didn't ask for 9/11. 1/3 of the victims were Irish Diaspora. I demand an investigation into 9/11.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Overheal wrote: »
    They were vilified for the holocaust...

No, they are vilified because the people who are actually responsible for 9/11 try very hard to vilify them and make sure they are still demonized to this day...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

What happened was awful but at the end of the day, the US has been bombing the hell out of countries all over the world for the last 70 years and killing millions. I think there will be less of an appetite for war now they understand what it's like to live in terror.

brianbaru wrote: »
    I think there will be less of an appetite for war now they understand what it's like to live in terror.

Eh..... Where have you been hiding the past 11 years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Eh..... Where have you been hiding the past 11 years?

What countries have the US invaded since 9/11? NONE. As part of a legallly recognised coalition, yes but not as a nation.

What countries have the US invaded since 9/11? NONE. As part of a legallly recognised coalition, yes but not as a nation.

Okay then......

What countries did they invade in the years running up to 9/11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

you're right...all those innocent people had a hand in the killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Don't shoot just thinking out loud on this but.......

Would the World Trade Center be considered a legitimate military target in a traditional war? I.e. would a place of trade in a country historically be a legitimate military target? In wars you get all sorts of targets, bridges, planes, airfields, communication towers etc would a huge trade hub be a target?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

September 11th was a very sad day.

Siege of Malta (1565)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

Don't shoot just thinking out loud on this but.......

Would the World Trade Center be considered a legitimate military target in a traditional war? I.e. would a place of trade in a country historically be a legitimate military target? In wars you get all sorts of targets, bridges, planes, airfields, communication towers etc would a huge trade hub be a target?

In fairness, even disregarding the casualties, it was an ingenius choice for an attack. The fact that it disrupted trading in America was probably the primary reason for choosing it. Beyond that, it impacted the flight industry in America, probably forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

wes wrote: »
    War was brought to plenty of peoples "front doors" in the last 60-70 years. Maybe not people in the West, but plenty of people in the rest of the world had war brought to their "front door".

+1

Like on September 11th 1973

...that was a Tuesday as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Andrewf20 wrote: »

Kind of hard to take such criticism seriously from an Iraq war cheerleader. The Neocon aren't exactly any better than the other guy imho, considering there own insane war mongers, and all the blood on there hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Iraq was carried out without UN sanction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

leonidas83 wrote: »
    their continuing support of Isreal no matter what they seem to do have turned an entire region of the world against them
    They need an airfield, and Israel provided one. The airfield in Turkey cannot always be used.
    which is why they are vilified. americans carpet bombed apparently to liberate.
    Dresden was an important military route, had 110 factories making aircraft components. poison gas, gun, optical goods and electrical and X-ray apparatus as well as barracks and a munitions storage depot being located there. 25,000 people died, and once the bombing was finished, "Dresden's industrial recovery from the bombings was rapid" (The Last Days of the Third Reich. London, Michael O' Mara Books: 106).

the_syco wrote: »
    (The Last Days of the Third Reich. London, Michael O' Mara Books: 106).
    Sorry, but we only use the Harvard system of referencing in these here parts.

C-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

yawn yourself. nobody asked you to participate.
    You posted, that's an invitation to take part. Why don't you get a moderator to get me banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I had gone to a girls that afternoon with the intention of getting the shift. why oh why did we flick on the fúcking TV... :mad::(

You should have flicked the other box to 'on' instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

FatherLen wrote: »
    this attack was led by george bush who should be tried for war crimes.

George Bush and Tony Blair have been tried for war crimes and were found guilty in Malaysian Courts, yet the world is not aware of this nor will Bush and Blair ever be brought to the Hague as in the eyes of the elite, they did as they were told to do.

bluecode wrote: »
    You posted, that's an invitation to take part. Why don't you get a moderator to get me banned?
    I'll do it of my own volition, thank you very much.

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

In fairness, even disregarding the casualties, it was an ingenius choice for an attack. The fact that it disrupted trading in America was probably the primary reason for choosing it. Beyond that, it impacted the flight industry in America, probably forever.

and introduced silly rules like not being allowed to bring your own liquids on board a plane

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Sorry, but we only use the Harvard system of referencing in these here parts.

C-

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Harvard system is a style of referencing used in the humanities for citing sources in papers or essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭SamHarris

there seems to be a differentiation between flying a plane full of innocents into a building and dropping bombs from ahigh on civilian targets.

Intent is a massive part of war. If it came to light that the US lined up 3000 civilians and killed them, you can guarantee there would be a different attitude.

Also stop trying to pretend youcare more about others being killed than Americans on account of morality. Its politics, plain and simple. Your view is no different than right wing nutbags who would love to see a full on massacre of Muslims in retaliation.

Border-Rat wrote: »
    The average American didn't ask for 9/11. 1/3 of the victims were Irish Diaspora. I demand an investigation into 9/11.

There was an investigation, the biggest criminal investigation of all time in fact.

You just want an investigation that reaches the conclusions you want it to, very different thing.

• Advertisement

This is not to say that 9/11 wasn't awful, but large number of civilians being killed is hardly unique to 9/11, and certainly wasn't something unique in other parts of the world. The unique thing was that it was the US who was attacked, in a spectacular fashion.

The other unique thing was the amount killed in a single incident in a single day.

SamHarris wrote: »
    Intent is a massive part of war. If it came to light that the US lined up 3000 civilians and killed them, you can guarantee there would be a different attitude.

Also stop trying to pretend youcare more about others being killed than Americans on account of morality. Its politics, plain and simple. Your view is no different than right wing nutbags who would love to see a full on massacre of Muslims in retaliation.

at no point did I agree with the massacre of innocents. Thousands were massacred after 9 11 when the USAF flew revenge missions against Afghanistan, although Osama came from Saudi Arabia.

its somewhat facile of you to label people 'nutbags'.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    The US need to look no further than Isreal for the main reasons behind 9/11, their continuing support of Isreal no matter what they seem to do have turned an entire region of the world against them & many would say justifiably so. America is a great country but its foreign affairs leave alot to be desired & they have paid a heavy price for their close ties to Isreal

Well not according to Al Qaeda, though it is one of there reasons for the attack. I believe it was number 4, others included the US stopiing the Islamic Indonesia's slaughter in East Timor. Bet the US is sorry now.

at no point did I agree with the massacre of innocents. Thousands were massacred after 9 11 when the USAF flew revenge missions against Afghanistan, although Osama came from Saudi Arabia.

Em... He was in Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia's government, for all its faults prevents international terrorist organisations deliberatly attacking civilians in other states.

The government of Afghanistan refused to do so

You would retaliate against the birth country of the organisers, not the country in which they are based? Please never be in a position of power.

Facile? Are you sure you know what that means?

Yes, people that advocate the mass killings of others based on links with those that harmed people they feel connected to are nutbags. Dangerous ones.

would Israel be able to oppress Palestinians without Americas help?

Probably, American Aid is a fraction of their total military costs - a fraction which in theory can be soaked up easily by the rest of their budget.

They wouldnt be able to, however, without the EU which is its biggest trading partner, supplying about 50% of its GDP.

We should probably be open to attack to, Im guessing.

• Advertisement

Most are ignorant of what there military are doing. So they can hardly celebrate something they don't know about.

Still a pretty piss poor defense, of the murder of civilians at funerals, and you know the murder of rescue workers. I guess when there Pakistani rescue workers, it ok to kill them.....

You have evidence that the US deliberatly targeted civilians at a funeral? That is quiet the scoop.

It really is stunning that peoples anti-Americanism has reached such an insidious level that they are actually furious that the Americans have the sheer audactiy to continue remembering a day 3000 innocent people were killed.

wtc7collapse.gif

There are people out there who do not even know about this third building. They are the majority. The larger minority are the ones who, when shown this footage, attempt to claim that the above perfect, symmetrical, uniform implosion was due to office fires. The minority can see it for what it clearly is - a controlled demolition. The plane that was shot down was supposed to hit this third sky-scraper, then they were going to implode it.

Border-Rat wrote: »
    wtc7collapse.gif

There are people out there who do not even know about this third building. They are the majority. The larger minority are the ones who, when shown this footage, attempt to claim that the above perfect, symmetrical, uniform implosion was due to office fires. The minority can see it for what it clearly is - a controlled demolition. The plane that was shot down was supposed to hit this third sky-scraper, then they were going to implode it.

It was flying in the wrong direction in that case.

SamHarris wrote: »
    It was flying in the wrong direction in that case.

All of the 'hijacked' flights made irregular flight changes in direction.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement