Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French usual way near Dublin?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Good morning everyone,

first, please accept my apologies for my bad english.

I am a french student and I am going to spend a year in Dublin :)
    I practise horse riding since I am a child, I had a horse an took care of few horses instead of owner when they could not do it.

I was condering if you could answer to my questions:

In France you have many way to practise horse ridding, you can pay for lessons as you can do it near dublin. But you have also many other ways:

- you have the "demi-pension", in a stabble, you can take care of a horse's private individual in return for money, or free of charge if the owner need to relieve of his horse a few day in the month or in a week.

- you can practise horse rinding in return for work as a groom in a stabble

- you can pay less than a single lessonif you are trained, to practise hore riding without an instructor.

All this usual ways in France includes horse riding all alone, I mean without an instructor, you have to pay more to get a lesson.

I practise dressage and a friend tech me how to do it. I'm still and alway learning how to improve myself , reading many book, watching videos, to weigh the pros and cons. I will live in dublin distict one, I can take bus and walk.

Does this way exist in UK? Near Dublin?:confused:
    Do you think it could possible for me to do it?

Thank you very much for reading me, and again, sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand me :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

welcome to ireland!

I think balcultry stables let you lease horses for a reasonable price. the website is http://www.balcultrystables.com/
    at the moment there is an ad for leasing a horse for 30 euro a week, which seems a very price

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cavaliere

thank you very much!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's a horse-share thread here where people offer a part-time share of their horse for a contribution towards the livery/vet bills/shoes, etc. which may be of interest to you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476390

There's also a list of approved riding centres in Dublin, so you could try contacting them to see what they offer: http://aire.ie/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=7:co-dublin&Itemid=212

PS, as an aside, some people might get a little annoyed at you calling 'Ireland' the 'UK' so probably best to avoid that!!!! :p

Thank you very much!

don't worry about that, I know the big difference between both!! It is just because people told me all contries of United kingdom are very differents from France when it is about equestrian uses and ways. But be sure it is very clear in my mind :) I will never dot this mistake, I am very sorry if my phrase was very ambelevous, I did not wanted to means that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

France seems lovely for riding :D Unfortunately, if you wish to help a horse owner out with their horse in Ireland we do not receive money or get it for free. It would be normal to share all costs (€200 per month roughly).

If you private message me (click my username and click option 2 on the list) where in Dublin you are located, I can recommend some riding schools for you :)

• Advertisement

What I wanted to say about "demi pension" when I wrote "in return for money", is to share the coast as you said (my bad english again... sorry:D) but it is not alway the same price, it depends how many time you practise horse riding in a week.

You get money only If you are an Instructor or If the owner are very generous!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

:) the Republic of Ireland is not part of the Uk. :) It sounds like the system is much more advanced in France than here. However best of luck in getting something that suits you.

I was talking about the UK because is one of the neighbour of Ireland :)
    thank you, if I find something I will tell you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Hope you have sorted yourself out? if you need any help from French riders living in Ireland (VERY far from the UK :)) send me a pm _ in French si tu veux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LucieK

Hi!
    I'm also a french student, going to spend a year in Ireland, in Athlone :) Here, I think "demi pension" is called "share a horse" or "loan a horse", but there is not a lot of people looking for that, unlike in France. I think it's also more expensive.. But there is some adds here, especially near Dublin ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement