Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 - Mod note #129 & 1087

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

spockety wrote: »
    Nothing has been quite right since:

Mascherano
    alonso
    Gerrard

...frankly.

Some pages back admittedly, but this post sums up Liverpool's problems for the past 4? 5? years since that broke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hoki wrote: »
    Just read an article on the Guardian site about Suarez- towards the end, it says we have enquired about Roma striker Ozvaldo who is supposedly a nutter, from only seeing a snippet of him he will fit in perfectly with all his tatoos. Is he any good though?

Welcome to Saturday evening!

Here is the article
    Suárez, however, cannot reasonably be expected to carry the team's hopes all season and, in fairness to the American owners, they seem to have absorbed the message that reinforcements are desperately needed. Word reaches me that Liverpool are looking at the Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo for the January window.

Osvaldo is a player of considerable talent, recruited from Espanyol for €17.5m, but comes with his own baggage. He was suspended by the club for 10 days last season after taking offence when his team-mate Erik Lamela did not pass him the ball, and punched him in the face when they got back to the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mike65 wrote: »

Suarez is a bit of a nutter on the pitch but not like that.

I'm sure we can get another sane striker.

Don't try to be clever, don't look for some incredible hidden gem.

Pay 15m quid and get a player who's a good all round CF. There are lots of them.

Did Huntelaar actually sign that new contract in the end?

dfx- wrote: »
    Some pages back admittedly, but this post sums up Liverpool's problems for the past 4? 5? years since that broke up.

It went downhill after Alonso left.

Still haven't replaced him properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

"Luis just needs that support of instinctive goalscorers.
    This quote posted a couple of pages back gives me hope we will be going for a Huntelaar type out and out goal scorer in January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Leiva wrote: »
    take away Suarez's goals and we would be sitting rock bottom on 2 points :eek:

If John likes his stats half as much as we are led to believe then he really needs to get the cheque book out big time in Jan.

I couldnt reply on my phone yesterday for some reason but did anyone address this? Was this taken from a website? Its a blatant lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Melion wrote: »
    I couldnt reply on my phone yesterday for some reason but did anyone address this? Was this taken from a website? Its a blatant lie.

I'd most most people realised it's a stupid point regardless and ignored it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's actually 4.

1 point in a 2-2 against Norwich and Sterling's winner against Reading.

Of course, it's bollocks, as we would've scored other goals, but we probably would be sitting in the relegation places alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The general gist though is correct. We'd be screwed, although technically take out his goals we would have 5 points, albeit the one win we would have (v Reading) he gave the assist for anyhow. Those stats are always stupid anyhow as it's impossible to say what would have happened if it were a different player in there instead of him, but he is by far our most effective player this season, and it is not even close. Next nearest is probably Johnson, and the absence of Lucas is probably huge too, but impossible to quantify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It went downhill after Alonso left.

Still haven't replaced him properly.

And we never will, nobody around quite like xabi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

xabi..still makes me angry thinking about it..and makes me hate gareth barry even more!!

I asked if it came from a website for just that reason, its an absolute ridiculous thing to say and i wanted to know what website/paper would come up with such rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

would people be happy with this once Lucas is back and fit?

Jones
    Johnson--Srktel-Agger-Enrique
    Lucas

Allen

Suso
    Gerrard----Suarez
    Sterling

subs-Reina, Wisdom, Sahin, Henderson, Assaidi, Carra, Downing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I asked if it came from a website for just that reason, its an absolute ridiculous thing to say and i wanted to know what website/paper would come up with such rubbish.

Sky came up with it after the game yesterday.

Sky came up with it after the game yesterday.

Jesus christ :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    would people be happy with this once Lucas is back and fit?

Jones
    Johnson--Srktel-Agger-Enrique
    Lucas

Allen

Suso
    Gerrard----Suarez
    Sterling

subs-Reina, Wisdom, Sahin, Henderson, Assaidi, Carra, Downing

Sahin in place of Suso and id be happy but id play

Lucas
    ----Allen
    Sahin----

Sahin in place of Suso and id be happy but id play

Lucas
    ----Allen
    Sahin----

Sahin is getting worse by the game if you ask me. And yes,I know he's being played (slightly) out of position but even so he doesn't seem to be making much of an effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Sahin is getting worse by the game if you ask me. And yes,I know he's being played (slightly) out of position but even so he doesn't seem to be making much of an effort.

Unfortunately, he looks lazy to me and not the type of player we need at the moment. But It's early doors here's hoping he comes good,

T-K-O wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he looks lazy to me and not the type of player we need at the moment. But It's early doors here's hoping he comes good,

Not really. We're nearly a third of the way through the season and he'll probably **** off next summer anyway.

Not really. We're nearly a third of the way through the season and he'll probably **** off next summer anyway.

If he ****s off f-him :D

But its early doors for him as an EPL / Liverpool player. It may take him time to settle

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    If he ****s off f-him :D

But its early doors for him as an EPL / Liverpool player. It may take him time to settle

You could be right. I hope you are but I dunno....something doesn't feel right about him. I can't put my finger on what it is but something's not right.

Not everyone can settle in the EPL and maybe it just doesn't suit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus sahin can't start next day he has been terrible
    Make me laugh when people say he's been played out of position you'd swear we were asking him to play rugby

Tis odd, Sahin plays 60 minutes almost religiously every week. Id like to we him dropped next week too but if ya put in shelvey ya really don't know what your gonna get, hendo isn't exactly blowing the world away either! I'd like to see suso in the midfield 3 with assaidi and sterling as wingers.

Rumour going about that agger could be out for 2 weeks with a groin strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wonder did that impressive stretched clearance he did, trigger that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Still wondering what Assaidi has to do to start. I was sure he didn't start against Anji because he was being rested for Sunday but no?

You could be right. I hope you are but I dunno....something doesn't feel right about him. I can't put my finger on what it is but something's not right.

Not everyone can settle in the EPL and maybe it just doesn't suit him.

Agreed. I don't think it's going to work out but like yourself I hope he comes good.

In saying that if his game doesn't vastly improve I would still take him for the right price. We have seen this in the past, some players take a season to settle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I wasn't lying Melion I got the points total incorrect as it should have been 4 not 2.

Yes it's a bit of a silly stat but it doesn't take away from fundamental fact that if we hadn't Suarez we would be fecked, or if we loose Suarez to injury etc then we would be rightly screwed, and probably fecked in a similar situation to what QPR find themselves in that they cant buy a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Tis odd, Sahin plays 60 minutes almost religiously every week. Id like to we him dropped next week too but if ya put in shelvey ya really don't know what your gonna get, hendo isn't exactly blowing the world away either! I'd like to see suso in the midfield 3 with assaidi and sterling as wingers.

Is it to avoid playing in a Danish friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

tumblr_mdchzsku651qgktowo1_1280.jpg

Lot of love lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Lot of love lost.

nice pic...both remembering the good old days....goals galore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lot of love lost.

Quoted to annoy tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lot of love lost.

"You were supposed to be the chosen one!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lot of love lost.

"Dont look at me like that, you left me remember!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lot of love lost.

Can anyone else smell smoke? I think Mike's router is about to explode

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rafa will be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

twat !

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

amiable wrote: »

#Bony2013

(Aaron you owe me a pint when you read this :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

amiable wrote: »
    Love Bony, I back him most weeks, demon finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lot of love lost.

torresger.gif

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Was Joe Allen found out on Sunday or did he just have a bad game?

(Apologies if this has already been covered)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Only in Dunphy-land are players found out in one game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i think he heard some of the criticism of playing the ball backwards alot & then trying forcing too many forward passes & gave away a few fouls
    still been a great signing overall for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eCysq.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

A 22-year-old player, who this season has been mostly very good and often excellent, playing out of position, getting FOUND OUT because of a bad game against the Champions of Europe? Ugh.

I hate the phrase 'found out' almost as much as 'world class.'

Tusky wrote: »
    A 22-year-old player, who this season has been mostly very good and often excellent, playing out of position, getting FOUND OUT because of a bad game against the Champions of Europe? Ugh.

I hate the phrase 'found out' almost as much as 'world class.'

It's a legitimate question given the amount of times he was caught in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The only thing that was found out, imho, about Joe Allen on Sunday and during some of the other recents games is that he is unable to hold down a midfield on his own for long periods of games.

What was very interesting was that as soon as Suso came on, Allen started getting movement in front of him to aim for rather than having to pass sideways.

Allen is doing a decent job as a DM, but we badly need Lucas back as Lucas is far superior in that role, and then we will be able to get Allen back into his normal cm position and see him play like he did earlier in the season when Lucas was fit.

What may also be interesting to check, seeing as Allen is in the DM role, is if his current little bit of a lack of shime has coincided with Reina being out. When Pepe was in goals earlier this season Allen collected a lot of thrown balls, but since Jones has been in goals most balls from the keeper tend to be a punt up the pitch.

Having said that about Jones, a counter to what I just said could be the fact that our little unbeaten run in the league has pretty much happened since Jones went between the sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It's a legitimate question given the amount of times he was caught in possession.

And how many of the times that he was caught was there no movement at all in front of him? For much of the first half he was trying to contend with Mikel and Rameries on his own. Sahin was quite poor during the first half and offered Allen very little support and Gerrard was blowing hot and cold(although Gerrard did improve quite a bit in the second half and was better than Sahin overall).

Allen needs support in the centre. Just one other player putting in as much of a shift as Allen would make a huge difference to our midfield.

Kess73 wrote: »
    And how many of the times that he was caught was there no movement at all in front of him? For much of the first half he was trying to contend with Mikel and Rameries on his own. Sahin was quite poor during the first half and offered Allen very little support and Gerrard was blowing hot and cold(although Gerrard did improve quite a bit in the second half and was better than Sahin overall).

Allen needs support in the centre. Just one other player putting in as much of a shift as Allen would make a huge difference to our midfield.

True enough. Sahin offered nothing. Liverpool improved a lot when Rogers switched the formation with the Suso substitution.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement