Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 - Mod note #129 & 1087

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This chap just lit up the Twitter machine.

Apparantly there were Liverpool reps looking at him play over the weekend.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mike65 wrote: »
    No need to take this quite so personally! :p

I'm not. Just not bothered skirting the edges :) I find it bizarre is all. One good tackle and one good pass in one half of football doesn't mean a very good or excellent performance in my eyes. As I said, people should watch that second half again and come back to me.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Wer Wird Deutscher Meister? :D:pac:

Might as well inject a little yellow and black.

No vid? I'm disappointed :P
    Tusky wrote: »
    People need to remember that he is settling into a new team, in a new league, following a season when he had very little playing time. It always always going to take him time to adjust. On top of that, the team isn't exactly clicking at the moment, and there's not enough quality for him to aim at up front at the moment either.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Swoon.....

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger admits he should have rested a groin problem against Chelsea at the weekend but played because of illness to Martin Skrtel.

The 27-year-old, who has withdrawn from Denmark's friendly in Turkey on Wednesday in order not to aggravate the injury, took his place alongside the incoming Jamie Carragher for the 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge as his regular centre-back partner had a virus.

And while he felt he should have sat out that game, Agger is hopeful he will be fit to face Wigan on Saturday.

"I should not have played on Sunday but Skrtel became ill and there was not much I could do. I was thrown into it," Agger told TV2 in Denmark.

"I have a pulled groin. It was something that should have kept me out on Sunday but it did not. I played the game.

"It takes hopefully only a few days (to recover).

"The reason why I have cancelled for Wednesday is that it is a bit early to play three days after I played 90 minutes with a groin problem."

Award

Meanwhile, Agger has been named Denmark's Player of the Year for the

second time.

The classy central defender was delighted to scoop the award after a successful year for club and country.

"Winning this award is one of the greatest things you can achieve as a Danish footballer," added Agger.

"I'm really committed to spending all my time involved in football.

"I have to admit that there were times when I doubted that I would ever stand here.

"I have been down and out with injuries but awards like this make me want to keep going.

"It is my attitude that means I am standing in this position."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kess73 wrote: »
    Deep lying Playmaker. Basically not overly different to where Alonso would position himself and I think Real bought him to be Alonso's replacement in time.

If put in a midfield three, Sahin tends to pair up with the passer in the team leaving the DM to act as the steel behind them.

He can (and did so very well for Dortmund) move into advanced postions during games and be effective, but we simply don't have the kind of clever quick passers in the final third to get the best out of him.
    Are you sure? Most of his appearances for us in the league have had him and Allen play in deep-lying roles where he can gets bypassed to easily when the opposition are attacking us. Ironically, his best game for us came when he played as an attacking midfielder against Norwich. If people really want to play him, then surely it makes sense to have Lucas and Allen operate in deep-roles with Sahin in front of them picking out through balls to the front three (between himself and Suso, they really do have an eye for a defence splitting pass). Sahin is great at holding the ball, but when our opponents are attacking through the midfield, he seems to be swept aside.

idle gossip but I know some in here rate him very highly, dont know much about him apart from recent games with City.....

Christian Eriksen has rebuffed Ajax's efforts to discuss a new contract and admitted that he will move on at some stage.

The Denmark international has remained loyal to his Dutch employers over recent years, with it important to him to honour the club who nurtured him through their academy ranks.

It is, however, considered to be only a matter of time before one of European football's most sought-after talents takes the plunge and opens the door to a high-profile switch elsewhere.

As he is contracted to Ajax until 2014 there is no suggestion of that happening any time soon, but Eriksen has hinted at a future move by blocking Ajax's efforts to talk terms.

"We want Christian to sign a new deal, but he is not interested," Ajax's sporting director Marc Overmars told BT.

"We do have talks planned with him and his agent, so we will have to see what happens in December."

On his contract stance, Eriksen, who has been linked with Liverpool and Manchester giants United and City in the past, said: "I am under contract and happy at Ajax. I appreciate the fact that they want to extend my deal, but I also feel that at some point I will want to try something new.

"My agent is in contact with the club and I have not accepted or declined anything yet."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Oh right, that Joe Allen is some traitor eh, and don't get me started on Glen Johnson.

Dont be ridiculous. Big difference in the Rivalry of Chelsea and Liverpool as opposed to Swansea.

Hate stupid posts like that.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has hailed Reds team-mate Luis Suarez as the best player in the Premier League.

Suarez has been Liverpool's star performer this season, scoring eight of their 14 Premier League goals this term, including last weekend's equaliser at Chelsea.
    Critics have claimed Liverpool are too reliant on Suarez, but Carragher has no problems with the suggestion and feels all top sides have a stand-out player in the side.

"People say we are dependent on Suarez," said Carragher. "But listen. Messi at Barcelona, Ronaldo at Real Madrid. Every team will have a standout player, and Luis is one of them, not just in the Premier League but in the world.

"I've felt for 12 months he's the best player in the league because he's not playing alongside the kind of players the Chelsea players can play alongside. He's one of the best players in world football and we are delighted to have him"

"I've felt for 12 months he's the best player in the league because he's not playing alongside the kind of players the Chelsea players can play alongside. He's one of the best players in world football and we are delighted to have him.

"He does things in a game that we see him doing in training on a daily basis. There's always that question, I think being asked unfairly, of whether he scores enough goals, but isn't he the top scorer in the league at the moment? And that's in a team that hasn't won that many league games."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

gafferino wrote: »
    Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has hailed Reds team-mate Luis Suarez as the best player in the Premier League.
    Definitely the best striker in England right now. Struggling to think of another player who has been better than him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

gafferino wrote: »

Suarez has been Liverpool's star performer this season, scoring eight of their 14 Premier League goals this term, including last weekend's equaliser at Chelsea.
    Critics have claimed Liverpool are too reliant on Suarez, but Carragher has no problems with the suggestion and feels all top sides have a stand-out player in the side.

"People say we are dependent on Suarez," said Carragher. "But listen. Messi at Barcelona, Ronaldo at Real Madrid. Every team will have a standout player, and Luis is one of them, not just in the Premier League but in the world.

"I've felt for 12 months he's the best player in the league because he's not playing alongside the kind of players the Chelsea players can play alongside. He's one of the best players in world football and we are delighted to have him"

"I've felt for 12 months he's the best player in the league because he's not playing alongside the kind of players the Chelsea players can play alongside. He's one of the best players in world football and we are delighted to have him.

"He does things in a game that we see him doing in training on a daily basis. There's always that question, I think being asked unfairly, of whether he scores enough goals, but isn't he the top scorer in the league at the moment? And that's in a team that hasn't won that many league games."

Lets all enjoy this :) (watch in HD it deserves it :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Really don't get this traitor sh*te. Did he sell top secret government files to an enemy or something.

He gave the best years of his career to Liverpool playing some fantastic football. The club then got a brilliant deal of £50 million for him. It isn't Torres' fault that the went and wasted it.

If he's a 'traitor' to any club it's Atletico, not Liverpool. he left a club to join Liverpool and then left Liverpool to join another club.

Going by the 'logic' of some, Suarez is a 'traitor', simply because he left Ajax to come to Liverpool (and no doubt if he leaves Liverpool he will inevitably be labelled as such)

In fact every player that angles for a transfer from 1 club to another must be a traitor.
    He came out in August while he was with us and said, "My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed."

4 months later he handed in a transfer request, which was 2 days before the transfer window was due to close giving us little chance of assessing replacements outside of England. It also meant clubs knew we were desperate to sign a striker and they could inflate transfer fees for average players.

He also came out a few weeks after the transfer to Chelsea and was quite disrespectful to Liverpool and the fans.

That's why many consider him a traitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Definitely the best striker in England right now. Struggling to think of another player who has been better than him this season.

As an all-round player Suarez is up there, but as a striker RVP is definitely better.

Listen Suarez is brilliant for us because he does so much and because we need him to do so much - he hassles, he dribbles, he creates, he assists, he scores.

I'm all for the Suarez praise, but the last couple of great performances don't nullify games like against Reading where he 10 shots and only one on target.

Suarez is a top player but lets not go overboard here. There are better strikers than him in the league, but there are few that have the kind of all-action game that Suarez brings to Liverpool.

But I don't think United fans would be replacing RVP in their team with Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Lets all enjoy this :) (watch in HD it deserves it :P)

A player worthy of the famous Number 7. All we need now is a player worthy of the famous Number 9 and we'll be sorted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

hefferboi wrote: »
    He came out in August while he was with us and said, "My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed."

4 months later he handed in a transfer request, which was 2 days before the transfer window was due to close giving us little chance of assessing replacements outside of England. It also meant clubs knew we were desperate to sign a striker and they could inflate transfer fees for average players.

He also came out a few weeks after the transfer to Chelsea and was quite disrespectful to Liverpool and the fans.

That's why many consider him a traitor.

I suppose its the fickle nature of football fans.

hardly like he's the first ever player to renege on an earlier promise, happens all the time in the real world.

Yes the timing was extremely s*itty but the club did receive a massive fee for him, enough to buy an Aguero or someone of that ilk & pay his wages over the term of the contract. Instead, the fee was wasted. Liverpool could have done brilliantly from the deal and strengthened but instead the opposite happened, not Torres' fault that they didn't invest wiser.

joe123 wrote: »
    Dont be ridiculous. Big difference in the Rivalry of Chelsea and Liverpool as opposed to Swansea.

Hate stupid posts like that.

Going on that logic if a player of RVP's capability wanted to sign & the deal was allowed go through, you'd be completely against it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

him and RVP.

then the rest.

Morzadec wrote: »
    As an all-round player Suarez is up there, but as a striker RVP is definitely better.

Listen Suarez is brilliant for us because he does so much and because we need him to do so much - he hassles, he dribbles, he creates, he assists, he scores.

I'm all for the Suarez praise, but the last couple of great performances don't nullify games like against Reading where he 10 shots and only one on target.

Suarez is a top player but lets not go overboard here. There are better strikers than him in the league, but there are few that have the kind of all-action game that Suarez brings to Liverpool.

But I don't think United fans would be replacing RVP in their team with Luis

Agreed, as a finisher RVP is better, but Suarez brings something different in his ability to be creator from an almost nothing situation. Different types of strikers imo, both class and both on fire right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

What's the craic with Suarez and his yellow cards? Do they go away after a certain number of games or do they stay with him so that whenever in the season he gets another one he has a one match ban??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What's the craic with Suarez and his yellow cards? Do they go away after a certain number of games or do they stay with him so that whenever in the season he gets another one he has a one match ban??

Think there's an amnesty halfway through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

SlickRic wrote: »
    him and RVP.

then the rest.

Maybe but I really wish we had a Chicharito in our team. He's criminally underused in that United team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The problem has always been that supporters think players care as much about the club as they do. They don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Going on that logic if a player of RVP's capability wanted to sign & the deal was allowed go through, you'd be completely against it??

No, but Im sure United fans would have something to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The problem has always been that supporters think players care as much about the club as they do. They don't.

3qhwmo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Some supporters don't care as much as others, I would imagine its the same for the players.

Nice quote from Ibra -

‘English players have big hearts always fighting but for me Gerrard feels more international. Has more skills than the normal player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Needs more wheely bins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It is around march when the yellow card rules change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It is around march when the yellow card rules change.

January I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Delighted he is doing well after getting his chance.

262033_10151323509752238_995344114_n.jpg
    Happy 7th birthday to Brad Jones son Luca Jones who would have been 7 years old today if he hadn't lost his battle with leukemia. Rest in peace Luca Jones
    Y.N.W.A.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I found this on the interwebs.
    7. PUNISHMENTS - Relating to First Team Competitive Matches.

(a) CAUTIONS ADMINISTERED ON THE FIELD OF PLAY

i) If a player accumulates 5 (five) recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day in February in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -
    One First Team Match

ii) If a player accumulates 5 (five) recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -
    "Warned as to his Future Conduct"

iii) A player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording 5 (five) cautions and then goes on to record a further 5 (five) cautions during the same Season, will be subject to the following punishments: -

iv) If a player accumulates 10 (ten) recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -
    Two First Team matches

v) If a player accumulates 10 (ten) recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -
    "Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct"

vi) If a player accumulates 15 (Fifteen) recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -
    Three First Team matches

vii) A player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording 5 (five), 10(ten) and 15 (fifteen) cautions, and who goes on to record 20 (twenty) cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Disciplinary Commission, within 14 days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Commission shall have the power to deal with the player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further 5(five) cautions recorded against a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't Tiote pick up something like 27 yellow cards between August and December last year....wonder how they dealt with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lucas Leiva
    One more day of training and treatment.
    Looking forward to get back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everyone will be praying hard before his first start!

The NextGen game starts at 7.00, haven't found any links though.

Team : Fulton, Sama, Maguire, Jones, Sokolik, Coady, Ibe, Lussey, Morgan, Pelosi, Peterson.

Subs: Randall, Belford, Trickett-Smith, Heaton, Baio, Sinclair, Gainford.

Suso has just made his U21 debut google day.to

NextGen update

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
    Goal for #LFC. Corner from Peterson, header from Lloyd Jones. 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wisdom,Henderson & Robinson all starting for England U21's against Northern Ireland

• Advertisement

2-0 Liverpool. Ibe clips ball in to Morgan, who spins sharply and drills a low strike in from 20 yards. Great finish.

Goal for Rosenborg. Martin Lundal lashes a bouncing ball past Fulton from 25 yards. Great strike. 2-1.

The Liverpool players having a good U21 game.

3-1 #LFC, Morgan again. Great link up with Pelosi, keeper saved his first shot, but he stayed calm to turn back inside and bury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

550861_10151541178297516_1327229769_n%2021.38.22.jpg

I'll just leave this here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

El Spearo wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here
    Andy might finally score :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    2-0 Liverpool. Ibe clips ball in to Morgan, who spins sharply and drills a low strike in from 20 yards. Great finish.

Goal for Rosenborg. Martin Lundal lashes a bouncing ball past Fulton from 25 yards. Great strike. 2-1.

The Liverpool players having a good U21 game.

3-1 Morgan again. Doing himself the world of good these days.

Finished 4-1, Sinclair got the 4th. Apparently an excellent performance by the young lads.

• Advertisement

Just listening to the anfield wrap, a few of them there seem to think assaidi wasn't a Rodgers signing instead signed by the scouting department whoever they were at the time I.e nobody. Worrying enough if true, he's wort a shot in the league to see what he really is at.

Also more word going about how serlings contract is hitting a bit of a snag due to agents.

God I hate football agents!

Well done them. Suddenly qualification doesn't look beyond them. Next game is also at home.

Also sterling gerrard and Johnson starting tomorrow for England! Gonna give that game a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Just listening to the anfield wrap, a few of them there seem to think assaidi wasn't a Rodgers signing instead signed by the scouting department whoever they were at the time I.e nobody. Worrying enough if true, he's wort a shot in the league to see what he really is at.

Also more word going about how serlings contract is hitting a bit of a snag due to agents.

God I hate football agents!

Sterling would be an idiot to leave liverpool or to **** us around with his contract. There is no other club in the top four that want him/he wouldn't get near the team.
    he has potential but is very very raw in my opinion. in saying that rodger sis only working with him for 4 months and he is only young. he seems to be a well adjusted genuine guy(i love the bite he has).
    I don't understand why you would leave liverpool. at every other club you are a number and liverpool you are adored. see torres career as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Sterling would be an idiot to leave liverpool or to **** us around with his contract. There is no other club in the top four that want him/he wouldn't get near the team.
    he has potential but is very very raw in my opinion. in saying that rodger sis only working with him for 4 months and he is only young. he seems to be a well adjusted genuine guy(i love the bite he has).
    I don't understand why you would leave liverpool. at every other club you are a number and liverpool you are adored. see torres career as an example.

Considering he's only 17, I would argue he's not raw. For 17-years-old, he's pretty damn polished. In five seasons time, he will still only be 22! Mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most of this is nonsense however I was impressed at the start with Sterling
    How many PL games has he started this season? He seemed off the boil at Chelsea. Am I right in thinking he started against Chelsea, Arsenal, United and City?

Too much for a 17 year old or just not enough players?

Sterling said in a tweet Saturday morning (which he deleted soon after) that the stories saying he wanted 50k were rubbish & he would sign a new contract when he is 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

That's quiet a naive, biased view. Torres left his boyhood club for liverpool anyway, it wasnt the love of liverpool that motivated that move

Money and professional ambition are two prominent reasons players would leave. As for only Liverpool fans adoring players, well what about Cantona, Bergkamp, Henry, Larsson, Shearer, Big Dunc, Di Canio etc? Were they not adored every bit as much as any Liverpool player? Not that it's all that relevant anyway, as the love of the fans is hardly the foremost thought on the mind of a professional footballer

LiamoSail wrote: »
    That's quiet a naive, biased view. Torres left his boyhood club for liverpool anyway, it wasnt the love of liverpool that motivated that move

Money and professional ambition are two prominent reasons players would leave. As for only Liverpool fans adoring players, well what about Cantona, Bergkamp, Henry, Larsson, Shearer, Big Dunc, Di Canio etc? Were they not adored every bit as much as any Liverpool player? Not that it's all that relevant anyway, as the love of the fans is hardly the foremost thought on the mind of a professional footballer
    true its a short career & players wanna earn as much money & win as many trophies as they can

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Didn't Torres take a pay cut to sign for Liverpool?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement